Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 3:02 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Threads with 100 replies by same person

Topic closed. 57 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Raven62.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

Do you like discussion threads that are ONLY "answered" by the same person who started them ?

Yes [ 10 ]  [25.00%]
No, a blog would be better. [ 30 ]  [75.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 40 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 8 ]  
Clairvoyance's avatar - eye storm.jpg

United States
Member #26882
November 23, 2005
1404 Posts
Posted: July 20, 2006, 9:54 pm - IP Logged

Mike:

There you have it.  The stamp of approval from the Sergeant Majorette Guardian and Judgisimodomo.

If it's all right with EmilyG, it's all right.

is your name Mike?  - if not - stay out of my  reply to  Mike.

If you don't want it replied to don't post it on a public thread.  Send a PM, Sergeant Majorette.

jack - when you first came to lp - your life observations, kitty updates, etc. were a joy to read.  you took a break - came back with name calling, bragging about people you block (with no concern for their feelings), negative.

don't know what changed in your life - don't care to know, unless i can help.  stop your name calling.

i certainly miss the "old" jack.

I Agree!

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
    FEMA Region V Camp #21
    United States
    Member #520
    July 27, 2002
    5699 Posts
    Posted: July 20, 2006, 10:00 pm - IP Logged

who's the person guilty of doing it stefan?

I hope your question doesn't insinuate it's me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike, I don't know where you came up with Stefan who has 53 total posts. That doesn't make sense. His thread has been valuable for the pick 3 player. Because it is a valuable thread, it has a lot of views and a lot of responses. Stefan didn't have to bump his own thread to promote his free pick3 tool.

That's just not right. Pick on the real culprits.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
      Tennessee
      United States
      Member #7853
      October 15, 2004
      11338 Posts
      Posted: July 20, 2006, 10:06 pm - IP Logged

no rick.he asked this question and i asked who he thought it was.i never accused it of being him.might've been they way it was worded to be honest.i don't know stefan because i don't go to the pick 3 section.its a misunderstanding but i never said it was him because i don't even know him at all.i was actually meaning it in a joking way when i asked who he thought it was.it started out lighhearted and somewhere along the way it took a strange turn.i have nothing against stefan.honest.....

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
        Charlotte NC
        United States
        Member #17406
        June 18, 2005
        4053 Posts
        Posted: July 20, 2006, 10:07 pm - IP Logged

Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do, cause hate in your heart will consume you too.

Yes NodI think people should keep their political views out of the threads.  They want to praise a certain group of people while giving their opinions on something like "online gaming" but want to call you names when someone disagrees with them.  Political opinions should definitely be out and placed in blogs. 

After all politics is politics.

takeemtothebank

Coastal Georgia
          United States
          Member #2653
          October 30, 2003
          1866 Posts
          Posted: July 20, 2006, 10:10 pm - IP Logged

I say again...

Can't we all just get along ?

( Rodney King)...aka DD

FEMA Region V Camp #21
            United States
            Member #520
            July 27, 2002
            5699 Posts
            Posted: July 20, 2006, 10:16 pm - IP Logged

no rick.he asked this question and i asked who he thought it was.i never accused it of being him.might've been they way it was worded to be honest.i don't know stefan because i don't go to the pick 3 section.its a misunderstanding but i never said it was him because i don't even know him at all.i was actually meaning it in a joking way when i asked who he thought it was.it started out lighhearted and somewhere along the way it took a strange turn.i have nothing against stefan.honest.....

Thanks, Mike. Stefan is a real cool member and I don't want him misunderstood by other members.

paurths's avatar - underground
              Switching between Fairfax, VA and Belgium
              Belgium
              Member #19287
              July 29, 2005
              2254 Posts
              Posted: July 21, 2006, 5:33 am - IP Logged

Mike, I don't know where you came up with Stefan who has 53 total posts. That doesn't make sense. His thread has been valuable for the pick 3 player. Because it is a valuable thread, it has a lot of views and a lot of responses. Stefan didn't have to bump his own thread to promote his free pick3 tool.

lol

my native language is not English, but i don't see how Mike in any way insinuated it was Stefan himself doing it, by only asking "who's the person guilty of doing it stefan?"

Why don't you just bring it forward, Stefan? Just mention the persons nickname who seems to be bugging you in this way. That way no one needs to guess at it, not resulting in misunderstandings like the one above.

Or "Will the self-bumper please come forward?!?!" LOL

This is just ... well... it is... LOL

cheers
              Ricky

Belgium
                Member #2203
                August 31, 2003
                107 Posts
                Posted: July 21, 2006, 6:31 am - IP Logged

lol

my native language is not English, but i don't see how Mike in any way insinuated it was Stefan himself doing it, by only asking "who's the person guilty of doing it stefan?"

Why don't you just bring it forward, Stefan? Just mention the persons nickname who seems to be bugging you in this way. That way no one needs to guess at it, not resulting in misunderstandings like the one above.

cheers
                Ricky

Ricky,

I asked a clean question. I didn't dropped the word "guilty", nor did I mention that someone was "bugging" me. Looks like I stepped on some sensitive toes here. I don't have to mention any (nick)names here. Todd is the Chief Bottle Washer here, and yes, I am sure he monitors everything. I do think (I am not sure if it's technically possible) that a thread shouldn't be pushed upward when it gets 2 replies in a row from the person who started the thread. I have seen some nice posts here who even didn't get a chance to get noticed. People mostly click on the top 3 subjects (ask the guy who invented google adwords). If a subject gets that position because it generates third-party replies, then that's excellent. If it gets that position "artificially", then I don't think it deserves a top position. Again, that's my personal opinion, and I do not intent to chase the so called "guilty". Why would I ? This is a public forum and anyone can easily detect the "bloglike-threads".

All the best,

Stefan

paurths's avatar - underground
                  Switching between Fairfax, VA and Belgium
                  Belgium
                  Member #19287
                  July 29, 2005
                  2254 Posts
                  Posted: July 21, 2006, 7:45 am - IP Logged

Hi Stefan,

hot here, isn't it.... pfff

Mike asked a clean question too, Stefan.

There are many threads that have very interesting things in them, but they sometimes fall of the first page very quick.
                  So if it is gone, and it is interesting (to some), than sometimes the only way to bring it back up is for the author of it to give it a bump.

btw, i have looked, but i seem unable to locate the thread with 100 replies by the same person. A link would come in handy

Cheers
                  Ricky

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                    Member #5344
                    June 30, 2004
                    23641 Posts
                    Posted: July 21, 2006, 11:26 am - IP Logged

Mike:

There you have it.  The stamp of approval from the Sergeant Majorette Guardian and Judgisimodomo.

If you don't want it replied to don't post it on a public thread.  Send a PM, Sergeant Majorette.

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL 

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

konane's avatar - wallace
                      Atlanta, GA
                      United States
                      Member #1265
                      March 13, 2003
                      3333 Posts
                      Posted: July 21, 2006, 12:46 pm - IP Logged

How about simply skipping over what you don't want to read??  Works for me every time.

Good luck to everyone!

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                        Member #14
                        November 9, 2001
                        31361 Posts
                        Posted: July 21, 2006, 12:49 pm - IP Logged

Mike:

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL 

tntea - what do you find so funny?  i'd like to laugh,too

love to nibble those micey feet.

Jorli D's avatar - nw saucyelf2.jpg
                          Michigan
                          United States
                          Member #2448
                          October 4, 2003
                          25905 Posts
                          Posted: July 21, 2006, 12:52 pm - IP Logged

Em: I see nothing funny about the insult either.  Of course tntea, just needed to make her presence known.

FEMA Region V Camp #21
                            United States
                            Member #520
                            July 27, 2002
                            5699 Posts
                            Posted: July 21, 2006, 1:08 pm - IP Logged

lol

cheers
                            Ricky

Ricky,

I asked a clean question. I didn't dropped the word "guilty", nor did I mention that someone was "bugging" me. Looks like I stepped on some sensitive toes here. I don't have to mention any (nick)names here. Todd is the Chief Bottle Washer here, and yes, I am sure he monitors everything. I do think (I am not sure if it's technically possible) that a thread shouldn't be pushed upward when it gets 2 replies in a row from the person who started the thread. I have seen some nice posts here who even didn't get a chance to get noticed. People mostly click on the top 3 subjects (ask the guy who invented google adwords). If a subject gets that position because it generates third-party replies, then that's excellent. If it gets that position "artificially", then I don't think it deserves a top position. Again, that's my personal opinion, and I do not intent to chase the so called "guilty". Why would I ? This is a public forum and anyone can easily detect the "bloglike-threads".

All the best,

Stefan

I'm not real good at English either. The question could have been worded better such as, "Stefan, (note the comma) who is the person guilty of doing it?"

The statement "Who is guilty of doing it stefan?" can be misterpreted just by putting an inflection on the wrong words. Even a properly placed comma would have still made the statement misinterpretable.

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
                              Michigan
                              United States
                              Member #22395
                              September 24, 2005
                              1583 Posts
                              Posted: July 21, 2006, 1:13 pm - IP Logged

Many times someone says "just don't read the ones you don't want to read."

My question to all of them is, how do you do that?

It is after you start reading that you realize that you don't want to read it. And then, especially with a short post, you have finished reading it before you can skip it.

Besides, very often it is a question of proper netiquette. If everyone would do their best to post properly, it would eliminate a lot of the animosity.