Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 12:09 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What would you buy with $100 mil$

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 10 years ago by mangeydog.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Kidzmom's avatar - cold
NC
United States
Member #11741
February 23, 2005
1233 Posts
Posted: July 25, 2006, 6:21 am - IP Logged

FREEDOM AND HOPEFULLY PEACE OF MIND

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
    Member #5344
    June 30, 2004
    23641 Posts
    Posted: July 25, 2006, 11:56 am - IP Logged

I would continue to live where I do..

I want a new John Deer tractor mower..  lol

I would want to give to the community and get children involved in things help them grow to be productive citizens.

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

NY
      United States
      Member #23835
      October 16, 2005
      3502 Posts
      Posted: July 25, 2006, 1:37 pm - IP Logged

The two best days of boat ownsership....the day you buy it, and the day you sell it.... 

Some people buy more boat than they can afford, and for those people I'd guess that's pretty much true. Some of them buy $20,000 boats and some buy $20 million dollar boats, but they all get in over their heads.

If I cleared 100 million after taxes I'd probably give serious thought to a boat in the 100 foot range, but even with that much money I'd probably plan on dumping a lot of money into it for a several years and then taking the loss when I  trade down to a 50 footer and stay in the Caribbean. I'm not sure that even $100 million is enough to afford that kind of boat if you also want to indulge yourself in other things.  I'd also feel guilty about using that much gas just for myself and a few friends, and might settle for chartering a smaller boat now and again in the places I'd like to go.

Maryland
        United States
        Member #35590
        March 20, 2006
        185 Posts
        Posted: July 25, 2006, 3:24 pm - IP Logged

Hmmm.....what would I do with $100million after taxes?Big Grin.......well since I already eat several meals a day.....I've got enough of a roof over my head....wouldn't want anything bigger.....I've already got a car....can only drive one car at a time, unless I am elastic man.....then all that is really left for me, is to slowly back out of the everyday working routine......and go to the most beautiful beach on earth, stretch my arms out towards the water and shout out the words...'WELCOME NEIGHBOR'.

Do volunteer work and vacationing at the next best beach.....that's really all i'd do.Thinking of............aghhhh.....may it happen soon.....but the way Mega Millions has lost the ability to grow.....I may just have to settle tonight with $6 million after taxes......hehehe!

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
          Wandering Aimlessly
          United States
          Member #25360
          November 5, 2005
          4461 Posts
          Posted: July 26, 2006, 6:04 pm - IP Logged

Typed every bit. I actually could have done about three times that but got bored halfway through it. I have worked in the homebuilding business for 15 years and have a lot of time to think all day. A lot of what I had figured could be considered long term investment infrastructure. The wood from the fruit and nut trees would have long term value, as would the land if you ever needed to sell it as a subdivision (god forbid). The fruit and nuts could provide a meager income if need be, and the pond could be used for farming fish. And with very little effort you could also plant ginseng, echinacea, etcetera. Turn a nice little profit with that if need be. Also plant 5-10 acres with a biodynamic wine vinyard, more profit. Versatility is the key to survival.

Aha! Working around luxury real estate can really cause a person to dream. Yesterday I interviewed at a model home that sells for around $2.1M and on the way home I wondered if maybe I've set my standards a little too low! LOL  I always say I just want a small cabin in the woods or a family home in a nice middle class community, but this home was a palace. Between the gas heated lap pool and the courtyard pool with the outdoor kitchen surrounded by waterfalls, the marble floors and the granite countertops, I wouldn't know which options to choose, so I guess I'd have to take them all.  I probably would be happy living in the master bathroom! More jets in the shower than at an airport. However, I seriously doubt I'd be happy in that home..not "cozy" enough.

But why would you need to "turn a profit" if you won $100 million?

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
            Mcminnville, Oregon
            United States
            Member #3013
            December 13, 2003
            3098 Posts
            Posted: July 26, 2006, 6:20 pm - IP Logged

The only thing I want to do with a big jackpot besides pay to get out of debt and get me a new vehicle is travel the interstate 5 route up and down washington to oregon getting multi-draw lottery tickets for mega millions and powerball.  Lets face it if I had one jackpot I think he would get lonely and need some company or friend or a family of jackpots right along side of him.-weshar75

iowa
              United States
              Member #32899
              February 16, 2006
              46 Posts
              Posted: July 26, 2006, 9:11 pm - IP Logged

I just meant as a backup in a worst-case scenario.