Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 12:40 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Reverse Causation

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 10 years ago by paurths.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10391 Posts
Posted: July 23, 2006, 10:36 pm - IP Logged

Lottery Discussion gets a lot more views than Mystical so I'm intentionally putting this here so more people will see it.

Stumbled across this article on a website and it made me think about the possibillities of this affecting lotteries, even if they were just remote.

Some pretty heavy stuff.... 

Click on Cause and Defect in blue below....and when you go to the linkbe sure to read Numbers in Limbo

Reverse Causation'

Can the future influence the past? A group of physicists met recently to explore the notion of 'reverse causation,' -- the idea that effects can precede causes. While such activity has been seen on the quantum level, other evidence comes from the realm of parapsychology, where in one experiment, students successfully used their "mind power" to skew a sequence of numbers that had already been generated. For more, see the article Cause and Defect by Scott LaFee.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/science/20060622-9999-lz1c22cause.html 

New Mexico
    United States
    Member #12305
    March 10, 2005
    2984 Posts
    Posted: July 23, 2006, 11:32 pm - IP Logged

Lottery Discussion gets a lot more views than Mystical so I'm intentionally putting this here so more people will see it.

Stumbled across this article on a website and it made me think about the possibillities of this affecting lotteries, even if they were just remote.

Some pretty heavy stuff.... 

Click on Cause and Defect in blue below....and when you go to the linkbe sure to read Numbers in Limbo

Reverse Causation'

Can the future influence the past? A group of physicists met recently to explore the notion of 'reverse causation,' -- the idea that effects can precede causes. While such activity has been seen on the quantum level, other evidence comes from the realm of parapsychology, where in one experiment, students successfully used their "mind power" to skew a sequence of numbers that had already been generated. For more, see the article Cause and Defect by Scott LaFee.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/science/20060622-9999-lz1c22cause.html 

Excellent article.  Thanks for the link Coin Toss

J

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10391 Posts
      Posted: July 24, 2006, 12:45 am - IP Logged

Oh good, I was hoping you'd see this one J, glad you did.  

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

wake forest
        United States
        Member #43322
        July 18, 2006
        13 Posts
        Posted: July 24, 2006, 2:16 am - IP Logged

anyone who understands the way numbers work certainly know there is credibility to this theory at least in part, maybe not in the same way everyone understands it or interprets it, but i can give you hundreds if not thousands of examples  of how a future lottery number, will predict something that will happen prior to it, thus, in a sense affecting the past. 

its still presents a problem with lottery numbers though because as in a game like powerball, there are just too many outcomes, and too many things going on in the past present and future of the numbers to accurately predict the exact numbers and dates they are going to hit. 

it is much more possible with something like the pick 3 game, but even then, your limited...even when this phenomenon does happen, we may not recognize it because we see numbers how we want to, and how weve been taught or trained to, not for what they really are, and are not...example.........

if i asked you or any average person how many 2 digit consecutive digits there are in the pick 3 game, you may respond 9combos, or 01-12-23-34-45-56-67-78-89. is this how you answered, or what you think most people would anwer? the fact is there are 45 which is how many combos 0-9 can form (with no digits repeating). the above nine nos. are the order that we have always put them in, been taught to. but truly the only thing we are saying about them being consecutive is one digit coming in with any other to form a group of 2 digits. now if you want to be technical, i guess you would have to, for arguments sake group them all to form 9 groups of numbers(because you can only use each digit twice, except for one of them you can only use once)but other than that stipulation, you could make countless consecutives....ie...92-28-85-57-71-16-63-30-04,theres consecutives right there. just a thought....

so to summarize, i definitely think this happens, alot, but though i believe i have seen many examples of this, and can demonsrate it, i cannot say predict numbers based on this theory, i believe is because like i said, there are far too many ways to look at, interpret, and predict the past present or the future.  good luck...

United States
          Member #17555
          June 22, 2005
          5582 Posts
          Posted: July 24, 2006, 10:57 am - IP Logged

You got this from Coast to Coast, right?

I saw it this morning....

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
            Member #9517
            December 10, 2004
            1279 Posts
            Posted: July 24, 2006, 11:26 am - IP Logged

So if I in the future trying hard to manifest some lottery money to myself in the past, I will win on the lottery now?

Ain't that smart! WinkJack-in-the-Box

New Mexico
              United States
              Member #12305
              March 10, 2005
              2984 Posts
              Posted: July 24, 2006, 12:03 pm - IP Logged

So if I in the future trying hard to manifest some lottery money to myself in the past, I will win on the lottery now?

Ain't that smart! WinkJack-in-the-Box

It's just theoretical physics for the moment, backed in this case (so far as we know) by the single experiment described. 

Decaying atomic particles are a far-cry from lottery-draw numbers.  The article didn't seem to suggest otherwise.

J

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

NY
                United States
                Member #23835
                October 16, 2005
                3502 Posts
                Posted: July 24, 2006, 1:42 pm - IP Logged

It's certainly an interesting idea, but that particular experiment is pretty trivial in the scheme of things. Besides being only a single experiment there's no way of knowing whether or not the results were actually influenced by the students. Using one photon to change the polarity of another photon faster than they can reach one another is far more intriguing, and much better evidence that much of what we believe isn't quite true. Perhaps it's also evidence that the universe in general is balanced and possibly that time really isn't a one way street. The boulder example in the article is a lousy analogy (yet still better than the wedding and haircut nonsense), but it's interesting to speculate that the gravity pulling it downhill might be balanced by gravity pushing it uphill as time flows in the opposite direction. Of course I'd be very curious to know why the boulder would stop at the top of the hill instead of continuing off into space as gravity repelled it.

At any rate, as interesting as it might be to ponder, even if it could be proven today it's just esoterica until we can find a way to determine today how the future will affect tomorrow. Knowing that Wednesday's PB results will be influenced by somebody scratching their ass next November is all well and good, but basically useless. Knowing what the result will be is what matters.

paurths's avatar - underground
                  Switching between Fairfax, VA and Belgium
                  Belgium
                  Member #19287
                  July 29, 2005
                  2254 Posts
                  Posted: July 24, 2006, 3:29 pm - IP Logged

There is a thread here at LP where some people discussed something pretty familiar to this.
                  It must be over a year back, but no more than 2 years.

Anyway, if i remember correctly, there was this person that would, after the draw (i don't remember if it was pick3, pick4 or MM or so), speak out loud the winning numbers.
                  He would do this for a while,
                  then he started to focus, let's say during the week, one day or any day, on the fact that he was gonna speak out loud the winning numbers coming saturday or so.
                  That way he wanted to "receive" from himself the winning numbers, that would obviously come from some time in the future.

Again, if i remember correctly, pretty some people joined in on the idea to do such thing.
                  There's that memory again LOL, but i believe the starter of the thread came up with some numbers that actually hit or at least some of them and the others real close.

In short, he was being the receiver of transmissions that he himself (would for sure) send (t?) out some time in the future.

I still wonder what happened to that group of people... it was a very interesting concept.

cheers
                  Ricky

lasas3

An onion a day keeps everyone away!!!

United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10391 Posts
                    Posted: July 24, 2006, 6:25 pm - IP Logged

pacattack05

Yup, it was on the Coast to Coast website...just as an article, not as a recap of a previous show... but I'm sure that someone who was involved with that study has been, or will be a guest on the air.

paurths

Oh, those people hit a jackpot, but went on to blow it all, and now belong to the "Jack Whtitaker Support Group" for former jackpot winners.

Just kidding.... 

I've wondered about experimenting with "universal consciousness" though, but it seems you can't get people to agree to "learn the alphabet" before they learn to read and write in this case.

What I mean by that is  we should see if we could get everybody to select just the MM or PB number for the next draw, the 6th number, and see if we could "Force" that one in by concentration, and then build on that from there...

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

lucky146's avatar - animal monkey.jpg
                      ny
                      United States
                      Member #40152
                      May 28, 2006
                      77 Posts
                      Posted: July 25, 2006, 12:18 pm - IP Logged

Coin Toss:
                      Thanks for the link - really enjoyed it.

paurths:
                      cool idea about sendeing the numbers from the future! I will give it a try (why not?)

paurths's avatar - underground
                        Switching between Fairfax, VA and Belgium
                        Belgium
                        Member #19287
                        July 29, 2005
                        2254 Posts
                        Posted: July 25, 2006, 1:27 pm - IP Logged

Coin Toss:
                        Thanks for the link - really enjoyed it.

paurths:
                        cool idea about sendeing the numbers from the future! I will give it a try (why not?)

Hi Lucky146,

i don't remember if that worked or not,

i just remember reading about it here at LP

cheers
                        Ricky