Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 9:09 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Staying Motivated for Jackpot Games

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 10 years ago by geos*5666!.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

How do you handle NOT wining a jackpot?

Winning doesn't matter; I just play for fun [ 3 ]  [7.50%]
I look to the next draw, which I'm sure I'll win [ 11 ]  [27.50%]
I work on improving my system [ 9 ]  [22.50%]
I go right out to buy tickets for the next drawing [ 2 ]  [5.00%]
I get deeply depressed [ 4 ]  [10.00%]
I'm a compulsive gambler;couldn't quit if I wanted [ 2 ]  [5.00%]
I stop playing when I get tired of losing [ 3 ]  [7.50%]
I make imaginary bets and predictions [ 4 ]  [10.00%]
I lie about how much I've won [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
I complain about the lottery being crooked [ 2 ]  [5.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 40 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
Morrison, IL
United States
Member #4657
May 13, 2004
1884 Posts
Posted: August 7, 2006, 6:28 pm - IP Logged

Same here, but I haven't won a darn thing in Powerball since last November (and I have been in every Powerball draw since they last changed the matrix), but I did win $2 in Mega Millions last December when I played one of each rolling jackpot game in Iowa and Illinois (except Little Lotto) on both Christmas and New Years weekends.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
    Member #41383
    June 16, 2006
    1969 Posts
    Posted: August 9, 2006, 12:55 am - IP Logged

One of the choices should be '2 and 3', which I would pick.

As I said before:

'Do I think I will win the lottery ?' - no way, the odds are against me.

'Do I think I will win the lottery ?' - absolutely, why else would I play if I had no chance whatsoever ? 

LuckyGirl21's avatar - abstract
      North Carolina
      United States
      Member #45203
      August 16, 2006
      34 Posts
      Posted: August 20, 2006, 10:30 am - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

Sorry I couldn't put my picks in last night......My school has just started back and I am getting it squared away. I do kind of of get depressed when I don't win at least what I put in on powerball but LIFE GOES ON. I just pick myself up and start ananlazing a different way. I would  LOVE  to hit the jackpotBig Smile who wouldn't but I have to be realistic too.

I have a notebook in which I have already decided how I would use the jackpot money( my dream notebook) it may sound silly but I feel if you write your dreams and goals down on paper you have a better chance of acheiving them.

What are the odds of winning ??? Like 1 in 146,000,000 or something like that and I do want to be in the mix when my chance does come around so I keep on playing and sometimes my hunches do pay off. My luck goes like this win 2 or 3 games in a row go about... 3 or 4 with nothing so taking that in account I should win something soon since I haven't won anything since aug 06 .

PLAY ON EVERYONE!!!!!

LuckyGirl21

Morrison, IL
        United States
        Member #4657
        May 13, 2004
        1884 Posts
        Posted: August 20, 2006, 11:24 am - IP Logged

Finally, I actually won something in Powerball last night, although it was just $4, but my four draw ticket still has two draws left, so hopefully I win more money before next week.

BILOXI, MISSISSIPPI
          United States
          Member #19651
          August 3, 2005
          621 Posts
          Posted: August 20, 2006, 12:11 pm - IP Logged

My whole life is field with long shots  I play becouse  I love long shots and always have a chance

United States
            Member #41383
            June 16, 2006
            1969 Posts
            Posted: August 20, 2006, 12:15 pm - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

Sorry I couldn't put my picks in last night......My school has just started back and I am getting it squared away. I do kind of of get depressed when I don't win at least what I put in on powerball but LIFE GOES ON. I just pick myself up and start ananlazing a different way. I would  LOVE  to hit the jackpotBig Smile who wouldn't but I have to be realistic too.

I have a notebook in which I have already decided how I would use the jackpot money( my dream notebook) it may sound silly but I feel if you write your dreams and goals down on paper you have a better chance of acheiving them.

What are the odds of winning ??? Like 1 in 146,000,000 or something like that and I do want to be in the mix when my chance does come around so I keep on playing and sometimes my hunches do pay off. My luck goes like this win 2 or 3 games in a row go about... 3 or 4 with nothing so taking that in account I should win something soon since I haven't won anything since aug 06 .

PLAY ON EVERYONE!!!!!

LuckyGirl21

Play as I do:  My aim is for a pick 5 - because that is realistic.  The easy target is any combo that will pay you some money back, even if it is $3, but my AIM is for a pick 5, to actually aim for a jackpot isn't bad, but it's just not as realistic as a pick 5.  I'll take $200,000 any day.

United States
              Member #41383
              June 16, 2006
              1969 Posts
              Posted: August 20, 2006, 12:18 pm - IP Logged

I don't think I'd do multi-draw tickets myself, if something funny happens in the very first game - like if you have picked 30-35-36 in all the games (as well as two other numbers and the PB), and 30-35-36 hits in the first game, the odds of those same exact numbers hitting in all the subsequent games isn't very good.

Something to consider 

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
                Member #12618
                March 18, 2005
                2060 Posts
                Posted: August 20, 2006, 1:30 pm - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

PLAY ON EVERYONE!!!!!

LuckyGirl21

I don't think keeping a notebook for how you would deal with your jackpot win is silly. I think it is a good idea.

Dance like no one is watching.

Griffith, In
                  United States
                  Member #41637
                  June 20, 2006
                  266 Posts
                  Posted: August 21, 2006, 7:24 am - IP Logged

Hi Lucky Girl;

I hear you....... I too would lke to win "Thee Powerball Grand prize Game" as welllllll!

And as you so well put it....... "Life Goes On!"

You know it is an interesting thing there where you have a note book on how you would like to spend your millions...... this is a form of "Pen and Paper Magic!" and I do wish you thee very best in what you are going for....... but remember one thing........the quote.........

"With harm to none...... so mote it be!"

Blessed be.......... Eddie  Dance

Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
                    Nova Scotia
                    Canada
                    Member #9934
                    December 27, 2004
                    891 Posts
                    Posted: August 25, 2006, 8:55 pm - IP Logged

I play the lottery weekly thinking that I will win the jackpot.  I get discouraged if I don't win any prize.... Sometimes I will go to a store  and buy a ticket and then hear later that a customer won a jackpot or second prize from that store and I'm puzzled and frustrated thinking  why didn't I choose the right numbers or insta pick or did I go to the store at the wrong time , that is I missed out on winning. ... But I carry on encouraging myself thinking maybe another day I will win.

To do all the things I have wanted to do in my life. Also I do as well visualize how I want my life to be and write down what I want to achieve.!See Ya!

geos*5666!'s avatar - Lottery-018.jpg
                      Riverside, Ca.
                      United States
                      Member #18916
                      July 22, 2005
                      1852 Posts
                      Posted: August 25, 2006, 11:38 pm - IP Logged

Last month I went thru a period where I was'nt having any luck and I felt like taking a  break from the 5 and 6 number lotto games, but before my advanced plays ran out I hit a 4 out of 5 on 7/19 here in california for $528.  my picks:  13-14-18-24-32  numbers drawn : 13-14-16-24-32. That gave me some confidence in my picks and I'm still at it. geos*5666!