Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 2:39 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Money Lost vs. Money Won

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 10 years ago by sirbrad.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

How much money have you lost on lotteries since you started playing?

$0-$500.00 [ 9 ]  [15.79%]
$501-$1,000.00 [ 8 ]  [14.04%]
$1,001-$5,000.00 [ 12 ]  [21.05%]
I am too embarrased to say! [ 6 ]  [10.53%]
I just play, win or lose, I mostly win [ 5 ]  [8.77%]
I just play win or lose, I mostly lose [ 7 ]  [12.28%]
I never thought about it. [ 3 ]  [5.26%]
I do not know [ 7 ]  [12.28%]
Total Valid Votes [ 57 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
TheTruth's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
Detroit, MI
United States
Member #43946
July 27, 2006
365 Posts
Posted: September 11, 2006, 12:07 am - IP Logged

gsc5, That is alot of money every day...to much money everyday, unless you have that kind of money to spend.

"The happiest moment of your life will be the moment it ends...thats because it doesn't end but goes on in ways so magnificent, so full of peace - wisdom - and joy, as to make it difficult to describe  and impossible for you to comprehend"

God

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
    Member #4877
    May 30, 2004
    5114 Posts
    Posted: September 12, 2006, 12:32 am - IP Logged

"I voed too embarra$$ed to SAY"

+++++++++++++++++++

PICK-5..."Stay  Alive"

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

LOL

PSYKOMO 

floridian's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing

United States
      Member #45802
      August 28, 2006
      335 Posts
      Posted: September 12, 2006, 1:22 am - IP Logged

RJOH:

Really good thoughts and I agree with you.  I can think of a lot of ways to throw away money but I enjoy the picking of numbers and hoping they will hit.  I veiw playing the Lottery games as a hobby.  If you do not go crazy spending it is enjoyable to think about the things that could be.  Its been my experience that if I view it in this way I do not feel bad when I do not hit.

When you have worked hard running numbers through the computer and do hit it is a very nice feeling.  I only really play to secure some money to play again.  So far I have been lucky and the Lottery is paying me to play.  Better said I have checked and I am about even or very very slightly ahead.  Do not get me wrong it would be wonderful to win the big one.

Floridian

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
        PA
        United States
        Member #22983
        October 6, 2005
        2226 Posts
        Posted: September 12, 2006, 10:01 pm - IP Logged

I have a lottery budget that I adhere to each month. Usually no more than $25-$50 tops. With this budget I usually stay on top. Especially considering that I finally won the Big-4 TWICE for $5,200 this year picking my own numbers. I only played one ticket each time as well, as oposed to 10-20 tickets.

Money lost is irrelevant, as you would never be able to save what a jackpot windfall can give you. Even if you saved all your income, most could never save even a few hundred thousand and be young enough to enjoy it. A jackpot gives you all that money NOW, that is the key.   

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
          PA
          United States
          Member #22983
          October 6, 2005
          2226 Posts
          Posted: September 12, 2006, 10:06 pm - IP Logged

I've alway kept a win/loss total every year and it has only been positive once for a few months several years ago when I won $1500 early in the year before I had a chance to lose very much.  I've never been embarrassed about the amount I've wasted on lottery tickets because almost every time I bought them there was others in the same line wasting as much or more on cigarettes and/or beer.  We all have our preferred way to waste money, beside I only have to win a jackpot once to have a positive win/loss total for life.

One of many differences being, cigarettes, drugs, and beer detract from your health and overall lifestyle. If you lose playing the lottery, you are simply losing money. But if you win, your life changes drastically for the better. Of course provided you are at least somewhat intelligent enough to manage it. Plus you never have to play again, but those spending money on bad habits will likely continue regardless of any circumstances.