Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:27 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Priorities

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 10 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif

United States
Member #5599
July 13, 2004
1184 Posts
Posted: August 14, 2006, 10:41 am - IP Logged

Hello,

What is the most important thing in coming up with a lottery system? I am of the opinion, that the first and highest priority is to be able to pick the correct Lottery numbers for the next draw. If you think of the lottery like a letter jumble game, where you create a winning word, the most important thing is to have the correct letters from the alphabet.

So, whatever system you have created, you should always mearsure/track the amount of correct numbers you chose for the next draw. The higher your success in chosing the right numbers will determine the amount of winning you'll be recieving.

When looking at the posts here at the LP, a lot of commentary is generated about how to arrange your numbers rather than how to select the best ones. For example, odd/even, high/low, wheeling ....are all arrangement schemes. Or how you should arrange your numbers after you have selected them. Even though it's interesting, it's not generating a noticeable difference in wins as exhibited by a couple years of results on the prediction board here.

Therefore I would suggest that the posts here put more emphasis on ways to select correct numbers the highest percentage of the time. It also sounds like a great measurement tool for the prediction board.

All opinions are welcome.

You are a slave to the choices you have made.  jk

Even a blind squirrel will occasioanlly find an acorn.

cps10's avatar - Lottery-004.jpg
    The Carolinas - Charlotte
    United States
    Member #21627
    September 12, 2005
    4138 Posts
    Posted: August 14, 2006, 10:48 am - IP Logged

Easier said than done, JKING. I think a lot of the arrangements are schemes to determine which 3 numbers are the best to play. If anyone could know which 3 are coming out, then there would be no need to be here, that's for sure.

The North Carolina Education Lottery - so much a joke that here are their mascots:

Stooges

Raven62's avatar - binary
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #17843
      June 28, 2005
      49674 Posts
      Posted: August 14, 2006, 10:57 am - IP Logged

JKing,

Are you referring to Pick3/Pick4 Games or Jackpot Games?

Sunny California
        United States
        Member #40295
        May 31, 2006
        7712 Posts
        Posted: August 14, 2006, 11:01 am - IP Logged

Easier said than done, JKING. I think a lot of the arrangements are schemes to determine which 3 numbers are the best to play. If anyone could know which 3 are coming out, then there would be no need to be here, that's for sure.

Much easier said than done, that's for sure! I am of the opinion that no one lottery system will work for every state. My research has told me this. What works in one will not work so well in another. That is why I give out many different "systems". I have tons more but don't want to clog the boards. I stick to the ones that work time and time again in my state, CALIF. I try to give out the main idea but it's sort of up to anyone who is interested in that idea to go forward and test it on their own. I don't have the time to backtest every state. Wish I did. But there just aren't enough hours in the day.

United States
          Member #2460
          October 7, 2003
          766 Posts
          Posted: August 14, 2006, 11:24 am - IP Logged

That is right, you can crack a particular state in time and with a lot of study and you have to keep on studing the draws as they come every day.

Better to stick with one state for this to work best.

Also, it would work best online as they pay more.

My predictions were better for Texas, the few times that I have predicted on the Pick 3 or Lottery Systems forums as Lantern and or Excalibur, because I spent more time looking at the patterns on those draws.

I am not a gambler, I don't play the lottery, yet, but I tell you that if I made private predictions (Just for myself) fon any one particular state and only for that state and I played on paper only and not for real, I would find a working system for that state within 1 to 12 weeks and I would win very often on paper there after, enough to make a regular profit if the numbers were played online and not with the state lotteries.

I have never done this yet, but I think that I can do it, an earlier test with the Belgium pick 3 that I made, time ago on paper showed me that I can.

The few predictions that I have made for Texas here at LP also showed me that if I really tried hard and kept on studying the draws as they come out, that I can beat Texas also.

When I took on too many states and made quick predictions without study, I didn't do go, but failed more often than not.

For me 1 state would be the way to go.

Practice with 1 state only, makes for much better predictions and mostly if they are kept private.

Some statistical pick 3 programs can help some or a lot.

The way to go, would be to make your own software.

EXCALIBUR is no more that "Handle" is dead, gone.
          Maybe sometime in the future I might come back as LANTERN again, but maybe not, if I don't come back as LANTERN in the future then I won't come back at all, but as I said there is no more EXCALIBUR.

United States
            Member #2460
            October 7, 2003
            766 Posts
            Posted: August 14, 2006, 12:15 pm - IP Logged

I don't make predictions very often at all, neither private nor public.

but not too long ago I got 5 of the winning numbers out of the 6 on about 80 combos, for TEXAS.

1 time straight and 4 times boxed, same number, but 5 ways out of the six possible.

That prediction has been my best of them all.

I used a few Texas' past draws and the FreeWheeler.

No other software was used and no filtering was done by hand either, just some of the FreeWheeler's filters.

The best software for filtering with filters has not been made yet, that I know of.

It would have 2 parts, stats and filters software.

Because of the very extensive stats and filters needed for profesional prediction, nobody seems to have neither the time nor the skills to build it, not to mention the filtering kmowledge so they would know what to put in the program.

Paurths (Ricky) seems to have the programming skills needed to build such a program, but not the time.

As to what to put in the program, the filters knowledge, for the proper stats and in which way they should be made and for the filters part also for filtered wheeling, I might be the only one that has that COMPLETE knowledge.

Others have fragmentary knowledge of filters and their stats.

Such a program of course might never be made, more simple and not as good programs might keep on being made sooner or later.

Ricky has way too many things going I guess and very little time.

A person now days might have to use from 2 to maybe 10 programs just to have some of the stats and filters that can be of use.

As no one program has these and other things in it.

The power of filters, that is, of their use is in the filters' statistics.

Statistics is what gives power to predictions.

This of course are random statistics as the draws (pick 3 numbers) are said to be random, so random statistics have or need to be understod.

Random statistics have flexible limits of predictability or sort of degrees.

Nothing is completely random or unpredictable.

There are limits of predictability.

Maybe sometime in the future I might come back as LANTERN again, but maybe not, if I don't come back as LANTERN in the future then I won't come back at all, but as I said there is no more EXCALIBUR.

United States
              Member #2460
              October 7, 2003
              766 Posts
              Posted: August 14, 2006, 12:36 pm - IP Logged

Future events can have a sort of flexible scale of some sort of being more or less likey to happen according to their past history, there might also be factors leading to such possible event.

There are a number of possiblle future probabilities.

And their more or less chance of happening.

Besides their chance of just happening they might also have a more or less likely chance of happening time limit.

Lottery prediction can lead to other kinds of predictions if a person wants to, the principles might be similar.

Filters patterns have flexible limits of chance of their comming or not comming out at a particular or flexible future time.

That is what filtering is all about kind of.

dacman's avatar - Coyote
                California
                United States
                Member #40563
                June 4, 2006
                39 Posts
                Posted: August 14, 2006, 4:26 pm - IP Logged

JKING said: " Therefore I would suggest that the posts here put more emphasis on ways to select correct numbers the highest percentage of the time."

I`ll start. (Pick 5\6 games)  You need a fair amount of HOT numbers in your selections most of the time. Anybody else have something to add?  Maybe we can come up with a useable Number Selection system that anyone can play.  

cps10's avatar - Lottery-004.jpg
                  The Carolinas - Charlotte
                  United States
                  Member #21627
                  September 12, 2005
                  4138 Posts
                  Posted: August 14, 2006, 4:46 pm - IP Logged

Fernando

I think that Ricky's program is great and you can input your own filters although his program has lots of filters now. It has helped me a lot, in terms of the Statistical standpoint. I input a group of numbers and I can easily figure out their skip rates for any state. I would recommend it, especially for the beginning predictor.

The North Carolina Education Lottery - so much a joke that here are their mascots:

Stooges

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19823 Posts
                    Posted: August 14, 2006, 8:06 pm - IP Logged

JKING said: " Therefore I would suggest that the posts here put more emphasis on ways to select correct numbers the highest percentage of the time."

I`ll start. (Pick 5\6 games)  You need a fair amount of HOT numbers in your selections most of the time. Anybody else have something to add?  Maybe we can come up with a useable Number Selection system that anyone can play.  

When you use a term like HOT numbers, you need to define it.  By every definition I could come up with, HOT numbers aren't any more important then any other numbers, they usually account for only 35-40% of the numbers in a winning combinations.

Note - I'm talking about  pick5/6 and jackpot style games only.   

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif

United States
                      Member #5599
                      July 13, 2004
                      1184 Posts
                      Posted: August 14, 2006, 11:27 pm - IP Logged

Hi,

Since there are several game types and different systems being used, I am only suggesting the following at this point:

For a Fantsy 5, Powerball, MegaMillion, Superlotto....., record your bets and count the amount of times you captured 1 number, two numbers,......to five numbers in each game. Survey 10 games and see how you did overall. Change something in your system and do the same thing over the next ten games. If your on the right track, the amount of times you capture higher amounts of numbers should increase. 

I personally use several tables on one page like the following:

Date: 1 2 3 4 5 B
                       Pick #1 __ __ __ __ __ __
                       Pick #2 __ __ __ __ __ __
                       Pick #3 __ __ __ __ __ __
                       Actual Draw __ __ __ __ __ __
                       Amount Captured __ __ __ __ __ __

You'll notice, I'm not telling you how to design your system. What I am telling you, is when your developing your system or making changes to it, you have an easy measurement of improvement or decline.

You are a slave to the choices you have made.  jk

Even a blind squirrel will occasioanlly find an acorn.

dacman's avatar - Coyote
                        California
                        United States
                        Member #40563
                        June 4, 2006
                        39 Posts
                        Posted: August 15, 2006, 3:43 am - IP Logged

When you use a term like HOT numbers, you need to define it.  By every definition I could come up with, HOT numbers aren't any more important then any other numbers, they usually account for only 35-40% of the numbers in a winning combinations.

Note - I'm talking about  pick5/6 and jackpot style games only.   

In the July 2006 history of the Cal Fan 5, there were 66 HOT numbers drawn, using '2 hits in the last ten draws' as the definition of a HOT number.  The breakdown was:

0 HOT numbers---2 draws--------0%

1 HOT numbers---6 draws--------20%

2 HOT numbers---11 draws------40%

3 HOT numbers---10 draws------60%

4 HOT numbers--- 2 draws-------80%

The above is a copy of my August 9 post on Hot Numbers. As you can see, there were 40%-80% of HOT numbers included in 23 of the 31 draws in the test.  You better have some in your numbers or forget winning. 

I`m trying to generate some activity here in Number Selection as JKING suggested.  Does anyone else have a fav number type to add to HOT numbers?  

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19823 Posts
                          Posted: August 15, 2006, 1:38 pm - IP Logged

I looked at the last 100 MegaMillions drawings (08/30/05 to 08/11/06) defining a HOT number as one that had hit 2 or more times in the previous 10 drawings and this is what I observed about the 500 numbers that hit.

During the previous 10 drawings of each drawing:
                          205 numbers hadn't hit at all 
                          199 numbers had hit once
                          75 numbers had hit twice
                          20 numbers had hit three times
                          1 had hit four times

The winning 100 combinations had the following:
                          4 had 3 HOT numbers
                          22 had 2 HOT numbers
                          40 had 1 HOT numbers
                          34 had 0 HOT numbers

I wish the winning combinations had included more HOT numbers because there were only 9-16 HOT numbers per drawing.  74% of the combinations had 1 or less HOT numbers in them.  Maybe the definition of a HOT numbers should change depending on the size of the numbers field. 

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

New Mexico
                            United States
                            Member #12305
                            March 10, 2005
                            2984 Posts
                            Posted: August 15, 2006, 6:51 pm - IP Logged

Hello,

What is the most important thing in coming up with a lottery system? I am of the opinion, that the first and highest priority is to be able to pick the correct Lottery numbers for the next draw. If you think of the lottery like a letter jumble game, where you create a winning word, the most important thing is to have the correct letters from the alphabet.

So, whatever system you have created, you should always mearsure/track the amount of correct numbers you chose for the next draw. The higher your success in chosing the right numbers will determine the amount of winning you'll be recieving.

When looking at the posts here at the LP, a lot of commentary is generated about how to arrange your numbers rather than how to select the best ones. For example, odd/even, high/low, wheeling ....are all arrangement schemes. Or how you should arrange your numbers after you have selected them. Even though it's interesting, it's not generating a noticeable difference in wins as exhibited by a couple years of results on the prediction board here.

Therefore I would suggest that the posts here put more emphasis on ways to select correct numbers the highest percentage of the time. It also sounds like a great measurement tool for the prediction board.

All opinions are welcome.

After reading through this thread it seems clear that priorities involving lottery play vary widely among players.  Judging from the number of Pick 3 and Pick 4 players on LP, obviously a high percentage aren't so much interested in jackpot wins (even in jackpot games) as they are interested in finding a means of winning enough to get onto the positive side of the win/loss ratio and staying there.  That goal isn't necessarily a matter of picking all  'the correct' lottery numbers for the next draw.  How a person arranges those numbers can be a major factor.

For instance, match 3 on pick 5 games is a relatively doable task, as proven by bellyache, RJOH and many other predictor/players.  If a person has a method able to predict 3 high probability picks, say in a pool of six numbers, while being relatively certain only three will hit, the method of arranging those numbers gains a high level of importance.

Using all five columns for six numbers, three of which almost certainly won't hit, makes no sense at all.  Arrangement is a major factor in whether the number of hits pays or loses money for that draw.

Just my opinion.

J

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

dacman's avatar - Coyote
                              California
                              United States
                              Member #40563
                              June 4, 2006
                              39 Posts
                              Posted: August 15, 2006, 8:16 pm - IP Logged

RJOh said:" Maybe the definition of a HOT numbers should change depending on the size of the numbers field."

Good point. The Cal Fan 5 has 16 HOT numbers today, almost half the field of 39.  It frequently has 20.  This site (http://www.lotto-logix.com/txthouse/winthelottery.html) has some interesting ideas on changing the HOT number definition.