Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 8:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Priorities

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 10 years ago by RJOh.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif

United States
Member #5599
July 13, 2004
1184 Posts
Posted: August 16, 2006, 8:57 am - IP Logged

Thanks to everyone for your input.

While it is important to try to select the numbers that will hit, it is also important to eliminate those numbers that won't hit. Simple things like eliminating the numbers from the last draw or eliminating those numbers that haven't been picked in the last 20 games (for a Fantasy f5) are easy methods for reducing the field of numbers to pick from. Perhaps there are some ideas from someof you on the best way to eliminate numbers in a somewhat reliable way.

I never said arrangement wasn't important. What is important is have the highest amount of correct numbers to arrange. Why arrange a bunch of numbers that are all wrong. Why why wheel incorrect numbers. And that's why I say picking the correct numbers should have the highest priority.

The table I supplied above is at least a measured plan to help you see you improvement or decline when choosing your numbers. If your playing a Fantacy 5 type game, you can monitor your replays. Something the prediction board here doesn't do. The table aslo gives a way to see if your system is doing better than expectation.

For those of you in the hot number debate, I would suggest you look at the most picked numbers coupled with the last time picked. You might be able to determine the hot numbers that are going cold.

Just food for thought.

You are a slave to the choices you have made.  jk

Even a blind squirrel will occasioanlly find an acorn.

Greenwich, CT
    United States
    Member #4793
    May 24, 2004
    1822 Posts
    Posted: August 16, 2006, 9:27 am - IP Logged

I don't like to automatically eliminate numbers from the last draw, because sometimes they are drawn back-to-back.  I look to see if it has happened recently...i.e. whether back-to-back draws are hot or cold.

Even/odd, high/low, these are ways of eliminating numbers.  I think 'arrangements' is a way of 'eliminating numbers'...we're really talking about the same thing.

United States
      Member #5599
      July 13, 2004
      1184 Posts
      Posted: August 16, 2006, 10:11 am - IP Logged

JAG,

Don't worry about it, you'll get what I'm saying somewhere down the road.

Best of luck

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
        Member #41383
        June 16, 2006
        1969 Posts
        Posted: August 16, 2006, 12:53 pm - IP Logged

I don't like to automatically eliminate numbers from the last draw, because sometimes they are drawn back-to-back.  I look to see if it has happened recently...i.e. whether back-to-back draws are hot or cold.

Even/odd, high/low, these are ways of eliminating numbers.  I think 'arrangements' is a way of 'eliminating numbers'...we're really talking about the same thing.

JAG, you are absolutely correct, you cannot eliminate repeats from the last game, I have a ton of stats to prove it.

Now I will go over to the prediction thread and see what JKING has selected for tonight's drawing...

United States
          Member #5599
          July 13, 2004
          1184 Posts
          Posted: August 17, 2006, 8:34 am - IP Logged

It helps when you make a blanket statement, that you specify what game your talking about. Were your stats for Mega Millions or some other game?

The particulars of your system is up to you. The point is to try to work your system at the number level so that you can improve your results at the combination level. It works for me. I decided to share. If you opt to ignore it, that's fine to.

Guesser, your going going to be looking for a very long time before you see any more of my predictions on the prediction board. It's simply my personnal choice for a number of reasons.

All comments are still welcome. *S*

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19816 Posts
            Posted: August 19, 2006, 12:41 pm - IP Logged

Since the MegaMillions game started, 64.5% of the winning numbers haven't included a number from the previous drawing.  Eliminating any numbers in your number pool is a gamble, but most players can't afford to cover what might happen 100% of the time.  Playing the lotteries is just like any other type of gambling, the players try to give himself the best odds of winning based on his knowledge of the game.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking