Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do You Own Gail Howard Software?

Topic closed. 29 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Todd.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Do You Own Gail Howard Software?

Yes [ 19 ]  [34.55%]
No [ 20 ]  [36.36%]
No, but I have some of her books. [ 7 ]  [12.73%]
Yes, and I have some of her books. [ 9 ]  [16.36%]
Total Valid Votes [ 55 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
NY
United States
Member #23835
October 16, 2005
3502 Posts
Posted: August 16, 2006, 6:03 pm - IP Logged

But can looking at past results be a true indicator of future results when they change ball sets and/or ball machines once in awhile ?

I have my own research, and I can tell you which balls were 'hot' with the last ballset, and have been ice cold since the latest ball change, and right off the top of my head PB #9 comes to mind.......  it hit 6-7 times in one ballset, and none since the change, in fact, I don't think it's hit in the last TWO changes. (disclaimer - I could be wrong)

For those that don't know, MUSL uses 4 or 5 totally different sets of balls, and they swap them (the sets, not the balls) with every drawing, and they also swap between  6 or 7 different ball selection machines every drawing. 

Once or twice a year they will 'retire' complete ballsets, and bring in altogether new sets.

I put 'some' value in historical numbers, but not as much as I do in other areas.

I think it's fairly common knowledge that they use multiple sets of balls and machines. Since you apparently know which sets have been used at specific times, maybe you'd let us know where that info is available.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
    Member #41383
    June 16, 2006
    1969 Posts
    Posted: August 16, 2006, 11:38 pm - IP Logged

I think it's fairly common knowledge that they use multiple sets of balls and machines. Since you apparently know which sets have been used at specific times, maybe you'd let us know where that info is available.

You'd be surprised at how many people don't know that.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19895 Posts
      Posted: August 17, 2006, 3:20 am - IP Logged

Years ago when I got my first IBM compatible computer a Tandy1000, someone gave me their copy of a Gail Howard program on a 5" floppy written in Basic and saved in the protective mode so it couldn't be listed and viewed. 

I later read an article in BYE magazine on how to remove the protective mode and listed that program and saw the most sophisticated routine in it was a function of RND.  As a novice Basic programmer I could have written the same program so I never had any desire to buy any of her other programs. 

My programs also run in a DOS window in WindowsXP with no problems.  I complied them with the Quick Basic complier so they run faster too.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

bobby623's avatar - abstract
        San Angelo, Texas
        United States
        Member #1097
        January 31, 2003
        1405 Posts
        Posted: August 17, 2006, 2:59 pm - IP Logged

I use GH for Texas Cash 5. It isn't doing as well as a couple of other programs I use for predictions. I keep a record. Only once in the last 18 drawings did the 23 number wheel I use have 5 hits. Most times, there have been only 3 hits and not all of these provided winners.

I had little trouble with DOS in the beginning, but have learned how to use it.

Time moves on. If Windows Vista won't handle DOS, GH won't have any choice but to join the Windows parade.  I just hope she won't charge too much for upgrades.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19895 Posts
          Posted: August 17, 2006, 5:15 pm - IP Logged

If the next version of Windows doesn't have a command window to handle DOS programs, a lot of people and business will also have to update their programs and  they may instead decide to stay with Windows XP. 

Some companies have inventory control and quality control monitoring programs that run under DOS even though their computers have been updated to Windows XP.  I've alway checked before investing in a new computer to make sure it would run my old DOS programs.  I still prefer to use First Choice even though it has to run in the DOS Command window because I don't want to relearn anything.

Evil Looking       

prostar's avatar - animated sphere.gif
            Mecca,ohio
            United States
            Member #44635
            August 6, 2006
            15 Posts
            Posted: August 17, 2006, 10:39 pm - IP Logged

hi:rjoh

regards  xp  just recently bought lap top,and dont like it cause I cant run my old win 98 programs,or camera ,I think its very limited, and wish I never bought it. like you sometimes the old way is better.win 98 programs,a lot of them  wont work on xp. tech support,mfg support ,microsoft nobody knows nothing, there is a new one comming out dec this year think its visioner or something like that, and soon xp will be no good for what its worth, its all a money game.          just sounding off

United States
              Member #119
              February 19, 2002
              527 Posts
              Posted: August 17, 2006, 10:46 pm - IP Logged

Well, as for me, I have had four 4 of 6 wins in the 6/49 game in the last 12-16 months without using her wheels or anyone else's, but only one of her charts.

I own other programs but essentially most good programs contain what she includes. 

As I have posted previously, the critical tasks are mastering number selection strategies (which she does a good job of describing and no one else seems to write about), carefully using her program or charts (or anyone else's) to select those numbers, and then using a wheel, or in my case, what numbers I intuit or apprehend given my study of the data of a particular game.

I personally am not bothered that it is still in DOS.  Why?  Even with windows, you have to know how to select numbers.  A professional tennis player can beat me with a $20. Walmart tennis racket because h/she knows how to use it, even if I have a $2,000. racket.  My point is it's how you use information, not how it's delivered.  Knowing how to use it makes you efficient with the information (see my post on applying "Blink" strategies to the lottery).

Also, hers is the only program that can be contained on a single diskette to operate/use.  So I can take it anywhere I go-- I am not confined to the PC it is dumped on.

Lastly, as I posted this week, "Greg's Quick Lotto Strategy" would be simply to pick one repeat number, one adjacent number, two consecutive numbers, and several others.  That is far better than giving in to a quickpick or what I have previously termed a "quickrip".

United States
                Member #119
                February 19, 2002
                527 Posts
                Posted: August 17, 2006, 10:52 pm - IP Logged

TODD,

I've tried 5 separate times to send you a PM tonight but get locked up, is there a problem with the site?

Greg

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19895 Posts
                  Posted: August 17, 2006, 11:44 pm - IP Logged

hi:rjoh

regards  xp  just recently bought lap top,and dont like it cause I cant run my old win 98 programs,or camera ,I think its very limited, and wish I never bought it. like you sometimes the old way is better.win 98 programs,a lot of them  wont work on xp. tech support,mfg support ,microsoft nobody knows nothing, there is a new one comming out dec this year think its visioner or something like that, and soon xp will be no good for what its worth, its all a money game.          just sounding off

My first IBM compatible computer was a Tandy1000 with Radio Shack version of PC-DOS, the next computer had MS-DOS 3.x, then Windows 3, then an E machine with Windows 98 to my last a HP with Windows XP. 

I transported or reinstalled all the programs I bought with the other OS and they all work fine with Windows XP.  Some programs didn't work when copied from computer to computer but when they were reinstalled they worked fine.  Programs like First Choice and GWBasic are DOS programs so they were reinstalled using the DOS command window. 

Evil Looking       

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                    Chief Bottle Washer
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #1
                    May 31, 2000
                    23348 Posts
                    Posted: August 17, 2006, 11:50 pm - IP Logged

TODD,

I've tried 5 separate times to send you a PM tonight but get locked up, is there a problem with the site?

Greg

Nope, it's working fine.  I've sent several PMs myself.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19895 Posts
                      Posted: August 17, 2006, 11:54 pm - IP Logged

Greg writes:
                      Also, hers is the only program that can be contained on a single diskette to operate/use.  So I can take it anywhere I go-- I am not confined to the PC it is dumped on.

Some of the newer computers don't come with a floppy drive any more but with a flash drive you can carry the data of 10 or more floppies on a key chain. 

Evil Looking       

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                        Dump Water Florida
                        United States
                        Member #380
                        June 5, 2002
                        3112 Posts
                        Posted: August 18, 2006, 1:33 am - IP Logged

Greg writes:
                        Also, hers is the only program that can be contained on a single diskette to operate/use.  So I can take it anywhere I go-- I am not confined to the PC it is dumped on.

Some of the newer computers don't come with a floppy drive any more but with a flash drive you can carry the data of 10 or more floppies on a key chain. 

Just because some computers don't come with a floppy drive doesn't mean you have to buy one of those stinkers.  Lots of junk comes out every year that's on the clearence table the next year.

Can't say whether original GH software's highest function was an RNG, seems hard to believe in every version I've had since the late eighties.  It's certainly been upgraded since then, the smart picks clearly adjust position from the data base changes not an RNG.  It would be nice if the program learned from its mistakes.

She doesn't write the software, she's had professional programmers coding her theories from the beginning.  BobP

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19895 Posts
                          Posted: August 18, 2006, 2:41 am - IP Logged

She (Gail Howard) doesn't write the software, she's had professional programmers coding her theories from the beginning.  BobP

I'm sure the Basic program I was given with her name on it wasn't written by her either.  It just that once I was able to list it, I was expecting to see something a little more sophisticated and I didn't.  I'm sure there have been changes since then and people who buy her programs seem to like them.   

When talking about sums, position counts and other factual data, I expect the same results every time  but I can't imagine any commercial lottery software not having at least one RND function in it else everybody using it would be playing the same numbers.

Evil Looking       

United States
                            Member #119
                            February 19, 2002
                            527 Posts
                            Posted: August 18, 2006, 8:45 pm - IP Logged

Nope, it's working fine.  I've sent several PMs myself.

8/18/06: Well Todd, here is the story: I've tried numerous times to pm you last night and tonight but to no avail.  I have no idea why.  But because I felt my integrity attacked and without just cause by the process that led to my earlier post being closed, I have decided to post my response here.

8/17/06

Hi Todd,

Thank you for your reply but I am having a delayed reaction to what I read earlier.

I am disturbed about several things: that none of the so-called complainer(s) sent me a private message to express their feelings/concern; that you responded in a post for all to view and did not permit me to respond in kind; that I mentioned no websites yet certain websites get unchecked & unchastised billings here, even self-promotions; that the complaint in question masks a vendetta against me because I challenged a member previously on their bashing that was not based in fact but on other factors. In all of my public posts and my private messages to you, I have been nothing short of respectful and even complementary of others.   I believe in fair play, Todd, it is an important principle embodied in this country’s laws and in free, nonviolative speech.  I also believe in defending people who are unduly, unfairly, or unjustly criticized or singled out, especially when the unfairness or unjust comments do not stand up to reason and are backed by nothing except baseless assertions. 

Some to most of the posts here at LP smack of ego or hold nothing forth substantively and I can accept that because that is part of this business.  But, as I mentioned before, I glean what I can when a member like Stefan or Win D posts some very credible, very valuable stuff.  I try not to get involved in popularity contests here nor am I anywhere near (in number) the people who “hold” the most posts.  Yet, in just about all my posts I offer something that is tangible and workable.  My posts are also well-written.

Yet, you seem disturbed when I talk about this woman Howard, most notably her work, even though I never met the woman, never spoke to her on the phone or in person, and never received any monetary compensation from her for anything.  And no, I'm not related to her, I'm all Italian, and I seriously doubt, given her last name, if she has any Italian blood in her.  You seem more interested in questioning my credibility, integrity and truthfulness than you do in stopping persistent, unmerited bashing of a person, instead of promoting intelligible discussion of ideas and concepts.  Yet, as mentioned above, references to other websites go unchecked as does some shameless self-promotion.

Not long ago I posted how I was able to achieve four 4 of 6 wins in 12-16 months without wheeling any numbers simply by studying a chart. 

We are all adults here.  I have reviewed my quick lotto system post and find nothing in it that is truly offensive or unconscionable.  In fact, besides being creative, I thought it was eminently fair: I gave proper credit where due and to guard against the very thing I've been accused of, I made sure that readers would know that I receive no compensation from the author.  I also thought it was a quick way to assist people who are relatively new to selecting numbers or “give in” to what I have termed quickrips.

Where I was educated, Todd, my professors drilled into us the importance of proper attribution with quotation marks, footnotes and the like.  We live in a society where plagiarism abounds.  You are bright enough to recognize that had I not properly attributed Howard, you would receive similar complaints on how I ripped off her intelligibly worded concepts.  I used those concepts to create the "quick lotto system" to educate players who give in to quickrips.  If someone wants to interpret my giving proper attribution as "promotion" and mistake my sincerity as a lie, that says something about themself, not me.  Perhaps they are projecting the most unfavorable traits of themselves onto me.   

That nobody complained to me on a post or by pm simply underscores for me the baselessness of the complaint you received.  When someone has to run to “daddy” because they are not man (or woman) enough to express what they need to, then maybe they should ask themself if they need to leave the kitchen where the merits (or lack thereof) of ideas and concepts are debated, even if some of them are properly credited/attributed.  That's not an angle; it is simply intelligible discussion. 

I don't post a lot because I work two jobs but I try to help others whenever I can be it here at LP or elsewhere.  I was raised to define a person who has class as a person who displays respect, has integrity, is open to feedback, and most especially defends his hard earned honor let alone that of others.

Greg 
                              Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                              Chief Bottle Washer
                              New Jersey
                              United States
                              Member #1
                              May 31, 2000
                              23348 Posts
                              Posted: August 18, 2006, 10:04 pm - IP Logged

Greg,

You are really taking this too seriously, and overly-dramatic.

I'm the webmaster of a huge forum web site.  It's my job to tell people when they bend or break the rules, and heck, it's even my job to set the rules.  So when I tell you that your posts, with their constant advertising-like prose, sound like spam, then just listen to my gentle suggestions and adapt-- or post your messages somewhere else.

I really don't understand your moth-to-the-flame need to post that woman's name like a broken record, like a spammer would, but I very politely asked you just to post all of your wonderfully-penned message -- except for the advertisement.  Now, is it really all that hard to stop posting her name a billion times?

Lastly, I will leave you some brief bullet point-responses, rather than a long, boring, drawn-out response:

• I have been exceedingly polite and light-handed with you, so I'm not sure why you felt the need to mention that you wrote a courteous message to me.  I think we both were courteous.  However, I would not consider your rant above to be courteous.  It is junking up my web site with non-lottery-related angst.
                              • Although I have very few Rules here (mainly no ads, no cursing, and no bashing), the concept of "free speech" and "rights" do not apply.  You're not in the public square here, you are on my web site, so either live by the rules, or don't post here.
                              • "Well-written" is in the eye of the beholder.
                              • Thanks so much for deeming some members and their posts as "smack[ing] of ego or hold[ing] nothing forth substantively", while deeming other members "very credible, very valuable".  Your judgemental attitude is just what we need here.  By all means, please increase the number of posts.
                              • You don't listen well.  You say, "you seem disturbed when I talk about this woman" and "I have reviewed my quick lotto system post and find nothing in it that is truly offensive or unconscionable".  Greg, I hope you're listening this time:  I DON'T LIKE YOUR ADVERTISING.  That's all.  I did not say you were "offensive" or that I am "disturbed".  Those are actually pretty demeaning and pompous things to say, especially since I was so clear.
                              • It's not anyone's job to send messages to YOU when they see advertising posted on the forums.  There is a "Report Abuse" link there so that I get the reports, not you, and I take care of it.

Bottom line is that we have both said our piece, and that's the end of it.  I do not want a protracted debate, so this topic is locked.  If you want to discuss it further, send me a PM.  Yes, it works fine.  Or send me an e-mail (my address is in my profile).

Here is the original post, for anyone who cares to see your post and my reply.  People can make their own judgements.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/140118

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                              What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                              Help eliminate computerized drawings!