Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 3:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Just, Dang it!

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10351 Posts
Posted: August 17, 2006, 1:18 am - IP Logged

No system or anyhting, butjust a darn it, how close can you get:

Illinois - 8-16-06

Mid Day Pick 3  648

I had            548

Eve Pick 4   8764

I had           674

:frusty: 

United States
    Member #16612
    June 2, 2005
    3493 Posts
    Posted: August 17, 2006, 2:56 am - IP Logged

Coin Toss, I was very close of ending my analysis for CA SLP. I was hoping Mega 6 come up when WB 6 came up in CA SLP. The Mega Number was 3.

United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10351 Posts
      Posted: August 17, 2006, 3:00 am - IP Logged

Ouch!  

bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
        Member #12618
        March 18, 2005
        2060 Posts
        Posted: August 17, 2006, 1:54 pm - IP Logged

Yeah that's happen to me. I hate being one number off.

Dance like no one is watching.

Findlay, Ohio
          United States
          Member #32231
          February 9, 2006
          5 Posts
          Posted: August 17, 2006, 2:22 pm - IP Logged

Play pairs and win ten times more often.

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
            A long and winding road
            United States
            Member #17084
            June 10, 2005
            4528 Posts
            Posted: August 18, 2006, 12:11 am - IP Logged

Cointoss- Try a different method (perspective). Think of the numbers as blue marbles. Each marble sitting side by side. They each are the *SAME* color so they carry the same value of hitting. The greatest distortion people use is the illusion that *being* a counting number somehow makes the adjacent counting number more *valuable* if it hits or doesnt hit.  That numeric that didnt hit has no more value or less value then if you substitute any other NON hitting digit.  My Dad taught me that trick to make it easier when I play numbers. I dont see them in numeric counting order but instead as a pattern...and yes, numbers carry a pattern in daily picks.  To me, if its not a direct hit on the pattern then I need to modify my method. It has little to do with being *one* counting digit away. Its either a direct hit or its not. No loss no gain, just a simple way of keeping things in check when gaining an edge. Otherwise Id lose my marbles getting upset :)

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

Thanks be to the giving numbers: 1621,912,119 02014

TheTruth's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
              Detroit, MI
              United States
              Member #43946
              July 27, 2006
              365 Posts
              Posted: August 18, 2006, 12:25 am - IP Logged

Cointoss- Try a different method (perspective). Think of the numbers as blue marbles. Each marble sitting side by side. They each are the *SAME* color so they carry the same value of hitting. The greatest distortion people use is the illusion that *being* a counting number somehow makes the adjacent counting number more *valuable* if it hits or doesnt hit.  That numeric that didnt hit has no more value or less value then if you substitute any other NON hitting digit.  My Dad taught me that trick to make it easier when I play numbers. I dont see them in numeric counting order but instead as a pattern...and yes, numbers carry a pattern in daily picks.  To me, if its not a direct hit on the pattern then I need to modify my method. It has little to do with being *one* counting digit away. Its either a direct hit or its not. No loss no gain, just a simple way of keeping things in check when gaining an edge. Otherwise Id lose my marbles getting upset :)

My advice is very similar to hers...I had to come to terms that the lottery wasn't against me, that the lottery wasn't what made me lose so much. It was just my strategy, the numbers are going to come out regardless of how you play it, its not going to adjust itself because you decide to play that day. The numbers are alrdy set in motion for the day, the randomness has alrdy taken effect before the percieved randomness begins...Take the added risk if you feel you need to. often we might make the mistake to lower the cost of mulitiple bets by even just a number, to find that its the number we didn't play to save money that came out. Don't let this stress you, there are drawings every single day of the year!

"The happiest moment of your life will be the moment it ends...thats because it doesn't end but goes on in ways so magnificent, so full of peace - wisdom - and joy, as to make it difficult to describe  and impossible for you to comprehend"

God

United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10351 Posts
                Posted: August 18, 2006, 12:27 pm - IP Logged

So, TheGameGrl and The Truth, you guys are saying 'math' doesn't have much to do with it?

Much like the puzzle craze Sudoku, where although involving numbers it's purely an exercise in logic?

Interesting apsect I guess, as the first Keno tickets were not numbers at all but characters of the Chinese alphabet.  

Detroit, MI
                  United States
                  Member #43946
                  July 27, 2006
                  365 Posts
                  Posted: August 18, 2006, 12:52 pm - IP Logged

So, TheGameGrl and The Truth, you guys are saying 'math' doesn't have much to do with it?

Much like the puzzle craze Sudoku, where although involving numbers it's purely an exercise in logic?

Interesting apsect I guess, as the first Keno tickets were not numbers at all but characters of the Chinese alphabet.  

Im not really saying that math has nothing to do with it, there is definitly logic behind the numbers game. I mean there is really proof of that from how often people here hit so casually...I guess what I'm trying to say is that logic and mystic concepts coexist with each other nicely. For example : People can predict numbers before they come out using brain power ahead of time and some people can just foresee what numebers are going to come out before time...

Luck is definitly on both sides however way you were born to predict numbers, be it from dreams, or long hand division...no way is better then the other!

"The happiest moment of your life will be the moment it ends...thats because it doesn't end but goes on in ways so magnificent, so full of peace - wisdom - and joy, as to make it difficult to describe  and impossible for you to comprehend"

God

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                    Member #41383
                    June 16, 2006
                    1969 Posts
                    Posted: August 18, 2006, 1:45 pm - IP Logged

Im not really saying that math has nothing to do with it, there is definitly logic behind the numbers game. I mean there is really proof of that from how often people here hit so casually...I guess what I'm trying to say is that logic and mystic concepts coexist with each other nicely. For example : People can predict numbers before they come out using brain power ahead of time and some people can just foresee what numebers are going to come out before time...

Luck is definitly on both sides however way you were born to predict numbers, be it from dreams, or long hand division...no way is better then the other!

Who are these people that you say can use brain power ahead of time to select numbers, or the people that can just foresee numbers ahead of time, and where can I meet them ?

I only look at numbers themselves based on tendencies for things to either happen or not happen, and my examples are, would you pick  ALL of the numbers from wednesday's game again for tomorrow's game ?  I mean, would you play ONE GAME tomorrow night with the numbers 2-13-22-48-50 and the PB of 2 also ?        And, would you play ONE GAME with the numbers 1-7-21-29-46 and PB 40 ?   

No ?  Why not ??  those numbers have just as good a chance as any others, right ?

I wouldn't play them, for obvious reasons, so that is a 'theory', only one of the 6 or 8 which I employ (NOT to play those numbers, just as we would never play numbers 1-2-3-4-5 and a PB of 1 in ONE game).

I don't think ANY of us think we can predict all the correct numbers for one game, if we could, the lottery would cease to exist.

But I also think we ALL think we have a decent chance of hitting all the numbers if we play the odds they way we (think) we see them, and we do that by ruling out crummy choices such as what I listed above.   

Your last sentence is absolutely the truth. 

Detroit, MI
                      United States
                      Member #43946
                      July 27, 2006
                      365 Posts
                      Posted: August 18, 2006, 4:51 pm - IP Logged

Who are these people that you say can use brain power ahead of time to select numbers, or the people that can just foresee numbers ahead of time, and where can I meet them ?

I only look at numbers themselves based on tendencies for things to either happen or not happen, and my examples are, would you pick  ALL of the numbers from wednesday's game again for tomorrow's game ?  I mean, would you play ONE GAME tomorrow night with the numbers 2-13-22-48-50 and the PB of 2 also ?        And, would you play ONE GAME with the numbers 1-7-21-29-46 and PB 40 ?   

No ?  Why not ??  those numbers have just as good a chance as any others, right ?

I wouldn't play them, for obvious reasons, so that is a 'theory', only one of the 6 or 8 which I employ (NOT to play those numbers, just as we would never play numbers 1-2-3-4-5 and a PB of 1 in ONE game).

I don't think ANY of us think we can predict all the correct numbers for one game, if we could, the lottery would cease to exist.

But I also think we ALL think we have a decent chance of hitting all the numbers if we play the odds they way we (think) we see them, and we do that by ruling out crummy choices such as what I listed above.   

Your last sentence is absolutely the truth. 

Of course no one could predict all the correct numbers in one game, I'm just saying that mystic (astrology, numerology, dreams) and logic (history, equations, probabilities) are one in the same. No matter how you come up with the numbers they will always come out the way they are meant to come out for that perticular day no matter how random we think it is...

I see what you mean on your 4th paragraph. You definitly have a point there.

There are a lot of great predictors on here, like lottomike, lottoqueen, sandy k, tntea, blackapple, myself lol, and many others who can somewhat accurately pin-point a target of numbers for a specific draw.

God

United States
                        Member #41383
                        June 16, 2006
                        1969 Posts
                        Posted: August 18, 2006, 11:31 pm - IP Logged

Of course no one could predict all the correct numbers in one game, I'm just saying that mystic (astrology, numerology, dreams) and logic (history, equations, probabilities) are one in the same. No matter how you come up with the numbers they will always come out the way they are meant to come out for that perticular day no matter how random we think it is...

I see what you mean on your 4th paragraph. You definitly have a point there.

There are a lot of great predictors on here, like lottomike, lottoqueen, sandy k, tntea, blackapple, myself lol, and many others who can somewhat accurately pin-point a target of numbers for a specific draw.

Some folks AIM to pick winning numbers based only on particular number statistics, hot/cold, due, overdue, etc.

I don't play like that, my criteria is almost 100% the opposite of that, but all told, I hit 2 or 3 of the WB about as often as others do.

It's rather funny that no matter how many 'systems' a person may have, when it's all said and done, overall, our results are about the same.  I'm thinking about putting 55 numbers on a dart board...

On the Powerball page here, you can select up to 15 WB and 5 PB per drawing, some folks get 3, 4 or once in awhile all 5 WB's, but I wonder how many they get together in a single game. 

NY
                          United States
                          Member #23835
                          October 16, 2005
                          3474 Posts
                          Posted: August 19, 2006, 2:07 am - IP Logged

You're right that Soduku is just an exercise in logic. Numbers are convenient in a 9 by 9matrix because it's easy to see which ones are still missing from any row, column, or square, but it would also work perfectly well with letters, symbols, colors, or whatever.

As far as the numbers drawn in lottery games, I think it's clear and I'm pretty sure that Game Girl and I see the same reality. Math is incredibly useful for analysis and any number of other things, but it has nothing to do with what "numbers" are drawn. The numbers are simply names assigned to events. In the case of machine draws it should be pretty obvious that the machine doesn't pick numbers. It picks balls and the balls have labels so that we can tell them apart. Like soduku, numbers are a convenient label, but we could use any number of other labels to tell one ball from another. It may not seem as obvious with computer generated numbers, but remember that the computer produces the results after manipulating nothing but 0's and 1's. Numbers are a convenient way to label the balls, but we could use any label we wanted.  If you need to match all 4 then 1234 is only as close to 2345 as Bob, Carol, Ted & Alice is to Sue, Fred, Scott & Roger.

What you perceive as close is an illusion created by circumstance. Even our everyday reality is based on circumstance. If we had 6 fingers on each hand instead of 5 the odds of winning pick 4 would be1:20735 instead of 1:9999.

Detroit, MI
                            United States
                            Member #43946
                            July 27, 2006
                            365 Posts
                            Posted: August 20, 2006, 12:02 pm - IP Logged

wow, floyds answer is pretty deep its weird...but it does make alot of sense to me. I had to read it a second time to take it all in. Very very cool

God

United States
                              Member #41383
                              June 16, 2006
                              1969 Posts
                              Posted: August 20, 2006, 12:44 pm - IP Logged

You're right that Soduku is just an exercise in logic. Numbers are convenient in a 9 by 9matrix because it's easy to see which ones are still missing from any row, column, or square, but it would also work perfectly well with letters, symbols, colors, or whatever.

As far as the numbers drawn in lottery games, I think it's clear and I'm pretty sure that Game Girl and I see the same reality. Math is incredibly useful for analysis and any number of other things, but it has nothing to do with what "numbers" are drawn. The numbers are simply names assigned to events. In the case of machine draws it should be pretty obvious that the machine doesn't pick numbers. It picks balls and the balls have labels so that we can tell them apart. Like soduku, numbers are a convenient label, but we could use any number of other labels to tell one ball from another. It may not seem as obvious with computer generated numbers, but remember that the computer produces the results after manipulating nothing but 0's and 1's. Numbers are a convenient way to label the balls, but we could use any label we wanted.  If you need to match all 4 then 1234 is only as close to 2345 as Bob, Carol, Ted & Alice is to Sue, Fred, Scott & Roger.

What you perceive as close is an illusion created by circumstance. Even our everyday reality is based on circumstance. If we had 6 fingers on each hand instead of 5 the odds of winning pick 4 would be1:20735 instead of 1:9999.

Your logic in that balls are events is identical to mine.

What is drawn is just 5 'representatives' of 55 different occurences.

(or if you get right down to it, 6 representatives of 97 different occurences).

To know how difficult it is to pick winning numbers is to simply look at any of the 'prediction' threads, sometimes a person will get 3 out of 15, but not too often, and these are people (us) using all kinds of different 'systems' and theories that we have defined and refined in our own minds over a long period of time to 'narrow down' from 55 to the 'best' 15, from 42 to the 'best' 5.

This is why I use a 'theory' to pick 3 numbers, and the other 2 numbers and the PB I choose are a total crapshoot, there always seems to be 2 numbers that hit that don't fit anybody's criteria, so I aim for 2 numbers that have 'no business' hitting. 

We are not doing so good, but we are having fun, competing against the randomness of it, hence why I chose the Userid I am using.