Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 9:52 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Just, Dang it!

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
TheTruth's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
Detroit, MI
United States
Member #43946
July 27, 2006
365 Posts
Posted: August 20, 2006, 3:34 pm - IP Logged

i like your answer to guesser. I personally choose not to think so much of how the odds are against me, I like to feel that I'm beating the lottery at its own game no matter how random the #'s are....dunno, I have more confidence and I win more money when I look at things that way...heck, life in general that way

"The happiest moment of your life will be the moment it ends...thats because it doesn't end but goes on in ways so magnificent, so full of peace - wisdom - and joy, as to make it difficult to describe  and impossible for you to comprehend"

God

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
    Member #41383
    June 16, 2006
    1969 Posts
    Posted: August 20, 2006, 9:08 pm - IP Logged

I look at it kinda like a stock car race:

Educate yourself a teeny bit, and you won't bet on certain individuals winning from the last 5 rows - depending on who they are of course.

I don't think I'm betting the farm on Kyle Petty to win anything anytime soon, even though he IS a great guy.

Educate yourself, and you can rule out X amount of numbers hitting, and that X may be 5, or 25, or anything in-between, I think the BEST we can do is narrow our selection down to about 25 numbers (on a regular basis), and then, we GUESS, based on our criteria. 

TheTruth's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
      Detroit, MI
      United States
      Member #43946
      July 27, 2006
      365 Posts
      Posted: August 21, 2006, 1:08 am - IP Logged

I look at it kinda like a stock car race:

Educate yourself a teeny bit, and you won't bet on certain individuals winning from the last 5 rows - depending on who they are of course.

I don't think I'm betting the farm on Kyle Petty to win anything anytime soon, even though he IS a great guy.

Educate yourself, and you can rule out X amount of numbers hitting, and that X may be 5, or 25, or anything in-between, I think the BEST we can do is narrow our selection down to about 25 numbers (on a regular basis), and then, we GUESS, based on our criteria. 

I like that answer, Pretty much says everything i had in mind. Definitly don't come into the game blindfolded, if you can narrow the odds down then go for it....be creative. I've managed to narrow it down to 22 numbers i had to play in the past to just 11 and I'm still figuring out ways to lower those odds to which time of the day one of those 11 are going to come out.

"The happiest moment of your life will be the moment it ends...thats because it doesn't end but goes on in ways so magnificent, so full of peace - wisdom - and joy, as to make it difficult to describe  and impossible for you to comprehend"

God

United States
        Member #41383
        June 16, 2006
        1969 Posts
        Posted: August 21, 2006, 8:46 pm - IP Logged

What I do is pick three of my numbers that are a 'for sure' - those are a given - those are in play for every game on draw night.

That leaves two other numbers to choose, so I wheel a predetermined set of numbers for one, and a predetermined set of numbers for the last number, and those are my games.

My 10 games will look like this

1-2-3-4-5

1-2-3-4-8

1-2-3-4-9

1-2-3-4-10

1-2-3-4-11

1-2-3-20-5

1-2-3-20-8

1-2-3-20-9

1-2-3-20-10

1-2-3-20-11

1-2-3 are obviously my 'for sure' picks, and I wheel the other numbers.

I do have variations of the above.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10390 Posts
          Posted: August 22, 2006, 1:15 am - IP Logged

guesser

What I do is pick three of my numbers that are a 'for sure' 

A man woke up at midnight doubled over in pain. He goes to the emergency room, a doctor examines him and tells him he was born woith three testicles, and the third one just descended, no big deal, simple operation. 

The guy is a player and tells the doctor, "No way", he says, "I've been looking for something like this all my life Doc."

He heads to the nearest bar - this is Vegas, no closing times - and sees one other guy sitting in the bar. He knows he has a sure thing, so he bets that guy $500 that between him and the bartender they've got 5 testicles. The bartedner tries getting the guy's attention but they guy is all hyped yp because he has a "lock".

The other guy in the bar says this is so stupid, he'll take the bet, and outs his money on the bar.  

The bartender looks at the guy just out of the hospital and says, "I hope you were born with four of them....I tried to get your attention." 

Moral of the story:  There is no such thing as a lock - or "sure thing"

(This is an old Henny Youngman routine, but it fit here...)

United States
            Member #41383
            June 16, 2006
            1969 Posts
            Posted: August 23, 2006, 12:09 am - IP Logged

guesser

What I do is pick three of my numbers that are a 'for sure' 

A man woke up at midnight doubled over in pain. He goes to the emergency room, a doctor examines him and tells him he was born woith three testicles, and the third one just descended, no big deal, simple operation. 

The guy is a player and tells the doctor, "No way", he says, "I've been looking for something like this all my life Doc."

He heads to the nearest bar - this is Vegas, no closing times - and sees one other guy sitting in the bar. He knows he has a sure thing, so he bets that guy $500 that between him and the bartender they've got 5 testicles. The bartedner tries getting the guy's attention but they guy is all hyped yp because he has a "lock".

The other guy in the bar says this is so stupid, he'll take the bet, and outs his money on the bar.  

The bartender looks at the guy just out of the hospital and says, "I hope you were born with four of them....I tried to get your attention." 

Moral of the story:  There is no such thing as a lock - or "sure thing"

(This is an old Henny Youngman routine, but it fit here...)

NO KIDDING !

But I'd venture to say that 'most' people on here feel very strongly towards a couple of numbers every draw - THAT is what I mean by a 'sure thing'.

I do NOT mean 'sure thing' as in 'guaranteed to win', I mean 'sure thing' as in 'I am playing these X numbers NO MATTER WHAT'. 

Fair enough ? 

United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10390 Posts
              Posted: August 23, 2006, 12:49 am - IP Logged

Like tonight my live play was 031 and 041 hit.....Oh yeah, I can relate to those!

Bang Head

United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10390 Posts
                Posted: August 25, 2006, 1:14 am - IP Logged

.......and on it goes...

My Pick 4 tonight - 5862 (Straight Box)

draw                       8463

Little Lotto QP = the QP gives me 6 7 8 9 30

Drawn:   05-10-18-27-33

Hello, I have 6 7 8 9 and here somes 5, 10

Bang Head

United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10390 Posts
                  Posted: August 26, 2006, 1:54 pm - IP Logged

I'm starting to wonder if it isn't a curse!

Last night, my plays:

240 717 Straight Box

Drawn:  471 

United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10390 Posts
                    Posted: September 1, 2006, 2:39 am - IP Logged

This is getting ridiculous

Tonight I played

024 50 cents Straight

024 $1.00 Straight Box 

Illinois Evening Pick 3

Bang Head

I should venture into the prediction page and say "Go with two of these three........"