Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 9:56 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Response to: Any Good Lottery Software

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 10 years ago by cps10.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
kdsjeter's avatar - lion
Crofton, MD
United States
Member #15377
May 14, 2005
29 Posts
Posted: August 17, 2006, 10:49 am - IP Logged

I have been here on LP a while and have remained mostly silent about these "Lottery Systems".  I have spent alot of time "Analyzing" various methods and mis-spent money on some of them.  I tried MDIE Editor, free.  I didn't care for it, but it was free.  I paid twice for Gail Howard's systems.  Wheel 5 and Advantage Plus, it's okay.

I do get a kick out of how each system has been put to the test here.  It has been interesting listening to the voices of reasoning from:  RIPSNORTER, CALIFDUDE, SANDYK, ETAL.

I have been impressed with my purchase of Expert Lotto.  Although it is not the "Goose that laid Golden Eggs", it has more features than any of the previous systems I have purchased.  I have had 5, 4 of 5 wins with it and Bonus Match 5.

What's nice is that the developer is more than happy to answer questions and provide enhancements free of charge.  My disclaimer this is not an advertisement for the system.  I am still testing the system to come up with a consistent set of filters and history settings.

If I can add anything of value about the system I will.  Consistent predictions will come once I am satisfied with a nice filter set.  That said, maybe most systems can be worked successfully.  The key, I believe is finding a consistent set of filters that produce results. 

Of course these filters are not consistent, but apparently this is what the more successful predictors here on LP.

Sunny California
    United States
    Member #40295
    May 31, 2006
    7713 Posts
    Posted: August 17, 2006, 10:58 am - IP Logged

I have been here on LP a while and have remained mostly silent about these "Lottery Systems".  I have spent alot of time "Analyzing" various methods and mis-spent money on some of them.  I tried MDIE Editor, free.  I didn't care for it, but it was free.  I paid twice for Gail Howard's systems.  Wheel 5 and Advantage Plus, it's okay.

I do get a kick out of how each system has been put to the test here.  It has been interesting listening to the voices of reasoning from:  RIPSNORTER, CALIFDUDE, SANDYK, ETAL.

I have been impressed with my purchase of Expert Lotto.  Although it is not the "Goose that laid Golden Eggs", it has more features than any of the previous systems I have purchased.  I have had 5, 4 of 5 wins with it and Bonus Match 5.

What's nice is that the developer is more than happy to answer questions and provide enhancements free of charge.  My disclaimer this is not an advertisement for the system.  I am still testing the system to come up with a consistent set of filters and history settings.

If I can add anything of value about the system I will.  Consistent predictions will come once I am satisfied with a nice filter set.  That said, maybe most systems can be worked successfully.  The key, I believe is finding a consistent set of filters that produce results. 

Of course these filters are not consistent, but apparently this is what the more successful predictors here on LP.

Hi kdsjeter!

I downloaded a free sample of Expert Lotto that's been sitting on my computer but now that you mention it, I think I will take a look at it. You are correct in saying that "most systems can be worked successfully", you just have to work at it and adjust it to your own needs. Most people don't have the time to do that, which is understandable in today's world. It would be nice to be able to just pick a system and have it work for everyone but I really believe that's impossible. With a little time and effort, though, if you find one you like, study it well and keep at it. Good luck always in your search for that golden egg!

kdsjeter's avatar - lion
      Crofton, MD
      United States
      Member #15377
      May 14, 2005
      29 Posts
      Posted: August 17, 2006, 12:03 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the response Lottolaughs.  I really like your strings approach.  I am trying to incorporate the two together.  If we can get the strings down to 1 or 2, maybe the combination of EL and strings could prove Stellar!

Thanks and keep up the good work!

cps10's avatar - Lottery-004.jpg
        The Carolinas - Charlotte
        United States
        Member #21627
        September 12, 2005
        4138 Posts
        Posted: August 17, 2006, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

I love LotSoft...that is an amazing program.

The North Carolina Education Lottery - so much a joke that here are their mascots:

Stooges

Sunny California
          United States
          Member #40295
          May 31, 2006
          7713 Posts
          Posted: August 17, 2006, 12:20 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the response Lottolaughs.  I really like your strings approach.  I am trying to incorporate the two together.  If we can get the strings down to 1 or 2, maybe the combination of EL and strings could prove Stellar!

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Great idea about combining the two! That's what you have to do sometimes. One system usually never contains everything you're looking for. I read stuff on here all the time that leads me onto other paths I never even thought of when I'm working on my own systems. You have to keep looking until you find a system that's compatible to what you're doing.

I sure hope the strings will do some good somewhere, ha! They are no good by themselves, first they need a fantabulous wheel and some trimming here and there.  But good news is that we'll be down to one string for each state by the end of the month! Can't wait for that. Then I can really go to town on honing those babies down!

I'm going to take a look at that Expert Lotto today and maybe I'll get back to you a little later if it sparks some ideas on how to incorporate the strings. You got me interested now. Let's keep in touch and see if we can come up with something!! Thanks!

United States
            Member #2460
            October 7, 2003
            766 Posts
            Posted: August 17, 2006, 2:48 pm - IP Logged

In the future sometime maybe within a year or two, I will design the general guidlines for some kind of jackpot games filter program, as I am not a programmer myself, I will not be able to make it and test it, but the filter principles, one filter at a time, I might be able to test, just one filter portion at a time, but I will not be able to make a list of combos.

EXCALIBUR is no more that "Handle" is dead, gone.
            Maybe sometime in the future I might come back as LANTERN again, but maybe not, if I don't come back as LANTERN in the future then I won't come back at all, but as I said there is no more EXCALIBUR.

United States
              Member #21627
              September 12, 2005
              4138 Posts
              Posted: August 18, 2006, 9:34 am - IP Logged

In the future sometime maybe within a year or two, I will design the general guidlines for some kind of jackpot games filter program, as I am not a programmer myself, I will not be able to make it and test it, but the filter principles, one filter at a time, I might be able to test, just one filter portion at a time, but I will not be able to make a list of combos.

A jackpot games filter would be cool...maybe we could all win it someday?!

The North Carolina Education Lottery - so much a joke that here are their mascots:

Stooges

United States
                Member #2460
                October 7, 2003
                766 Posts
                Posted: August 18, 2006, 3:33 pm - IP Logged

Keith.

Yes, it would be very nice if it can be done.

I tell you that such a program might not be very easy to neither think out nor to code, but maybe can be done.

The problem as always might be the ammount of combos to be played versus the ammount of money won.

Overfiltering gets rid of winning numbers, as using the wrong filters do.

As lower jackpot prices pay little.

To me it will be double trouble than to a designer-programmer who could test as he designs, something that I will not be able to do.

It will of course have many filters, some known by some people and that are already in some programs and maybe others that I will develop.

My jackpot filters program probably will never be programmed.

But there is some chance that maybe I could do something with Lotto Architect, if that program will let a person develop his own filters with it, then I could test those filters with the program and maybe even configure Lotto Architect to act as the new program itself (My program to be).

But I don't know just how flexible and good Lotto Architect is at DATA manipulations, data needs to be manipulated and coordinated in so very many ways.

We will see if I do this one day, it is not for sure that I will try it, but I might, most people have no idea what might be possible with the right filters and their proper statistics.

A very important thing to take into account is if it would be a general purpose jackpot filters program or a program made for only one particular game or type of jackpot game, more than one program can of course be made.

Good luck.

Maybe sometime in the future I might come back as LANTERN again, but maybe not, if I don't come back as LANTERN in the future then I won't come back at all, but as I said there is no more EXCALIBUR.

United States
                  Member #21627
                  September 12, 2005
                  4138 Posts
                  Posted: August 18, 2006, 3:39 pm - IP Logged

Fernando

It sounds very difficult. Especially given the odds in a jackpot game.

Stooges

United States
                    Member #2460
                    October 7, 2003
                    766 Posts
                    Posted: August 18, 2006, 3:49 pm - IP Logged

Keith

The main filter "trick" would be to try to cut down the combos to size.

When you are after the main jackpot prize then lower prices don't mean much, there has to be a trade off of all or nothing in order to cut down the combos to as few as possible, very agressive filtering must be done, that will cut lower prices down as it will only aim for the big price.

After all you have to win only once.

For lower prices there is always the Pick 3 and 4.

A jackpot game is only a much bigger pick 3, that is my main filters principle if you can understand what I mean.

As I have said before there are 1, 2, 3, 4, Etc digits filters, so there are many levels of filtering, also as I told Ricky a bigger game can be cut down into several smaller games. Simple enough if you understand what I mean.

I am fairly good at filters' tricks.

Good luck.

United States
                      Member #21627
                      September 12, 2005
                      4138 Posts
                      Posted: August 18, 2006, 3:51 pm - IP Logged

Yes, I understand that. And agreed on the lower-tier prizes. They aren't worth going after at all, even in a Pick-5 game.

Stooges

United States
                        Member #2460
                        October 7, 2003
                        766 Posts
                        Posted: August 18, 2006, 3:56 pm - IP Logged

Any how, all of that is for later, first pick 3 then pick 4, then jackpot games.

New Mexico
                          United States
                          Member #12305
                          March 10, 2005
                          2984 Posts
                          Posted: August 18, 2006, 9:55 pm - IP Logged

Yes, I understand that. And agreed on the lower-tier prizes. They aren't worth going after at all, even in a Pick-5 game.

The human mind is an amazing place to live.  2500 years of exposure to logic in the Western world, and statements such as the one you've made here find the light of day without a blush, without an apology, without a chuckle.

j

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

United States
                            Member #21627
                            September 12, 2005
                            4138 Posts
                            Posted: August 18, 2006, 11:12 pm - IP Logged

The human mind is an amazing place to live.  2500 years of exposure to logic in the Western world, and statements such as the one you've made here find the light of day without a blush, without an apology, without a chuckle.

j

*scratching my head*

I think I didn't explain myself very well. What I meant is that I don't feel the lower tier prizes are worth it in that I don't understand the game well enough to funnel a lot of money into the game and get nothing in return. Who knows? I was on goof-en-thal when I made that post...allergies bad here in the dustbowl of NC.

Stooges