Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

PA's next online game

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 10 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Will it replace Unlucky for Life?

Yes [ 6 ]  [66.67%]
No [ 2 ]  [22.22%]
Won't guess [ 1 ]  [11.11%]
Total Valid Votes [ 9 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  

United States
Member #379
June 5, 2002
11296 Posts
Posted: August 24, 2006, 2:14 pm - IP Logged

According to JimmySand9, there will soon be a new online game, and it will replace one of PA's existing games. Let's hope Match 6 stays and Unlucky for Life is booted.

United States
    Member #1826
    July 11, 2003
    2645 Posts
    Posted: August 24, 2006, 3:31 pm - IP Logged

According to JimmySand9, there will soon be a new online game, and it will replace one of PA's existing games. Let's hope Match 6 stays and Unlucky for Life is booted.

I couldn't agree more.

(insert signature here)

United States
      Member #16612
      June 2, 2005
      3493 Posts
      Posted: August 25, 2006, 12:21 pm - IP Logged

I agree and hope that Unlucky for Life is booted!

United States
        Member #1826
        July 11, 2003
        2645 Posts
        Posted: August 26, 2006, 5:25 pm - IP Logged

O.K. I have a slight update. I recieved a coupon sheet for PA Lottery games, and Lucky For Life has a coupon. The good news is that it's for next month, so that while we won't see a new game until at least October, it means that the ball is rolling and we should see a new game this year (hopefully).

(insert signature here)

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23260 Posts
          Posted: August 26, 2006, 6:43 pm - IP Logged

I completely disagree.  I hope Lucky for Life stays put.  Taking away that game takes away a very popular option for people who enjoy long-term payouts.  Unfortunately I discarded my vote, I wish I had voted "No".

Check the State Lottery Report Card
          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
            Wandering Aimlessly
            United States
            Member #25360
            November 5, 2005
            4461 Posts
            Posted: August 26, 2006, 6:54 pm - IP Logged

I don't live in PA, but if I won a game in FL where I got payments every year, I wouldn't complain.  Heck, I'd be happy with an extra $50,000 or $25,000 a year. (I won't turn down $10K either!)

four4me's avatar - gate1
              MD
              United States
              Member #1701
              June 18, 2003
              8360 Posts
              Posted: August 26, 2006, 7:02 pm - IP Logged

and as i stated way back when...... the people in PA voted for this game, via polls and such, they wanted this game, and they got it.

In other words when the lottery questioned people about the game the people said yes. wether you like it or not.

United States
                Member #1826
                July 11, 2003
                2645 Posts
                Posted: August 26, 2006, 7:45 pm - IP Logged

and as i stated way back when...... the people in PA voted for this game, via polls and such, they wanted this game, and they got it.

In other words when the lottery questioned people about the game the people said yes. wether you like it or not.

Nobody voted for it. Ed Mahlman had an idea, Scientific Games developed it, the legislature approved it, and the rest is history. The people of PA had no say in whether or not this game was created, as is usually the case. I think the only lottery that cares about people's opinion is Ohio.

(insert signature here)

four4me's avatar - gate1
                  MD
                  United States
                  Member #1701
                  June 18, 2003
                  8360 Posts
                  Posted: August 27, 2006, 12:39 am - IP Logged

Jimmy i'm not saying that the people had to vote at a voting booth.

before Lucky for life was installed in the PA lottery they ask the people of the state what they would like to see game wise the lucky for life game went through various methods of endorsement before it was implemented. they asked people what they would like to see in a game like this the people of PA said they wanted it and they got it. It was  not done behind anyone's back. when PA first started this game they made references to what i just said. It was posted on their web site. (How the game came to be) I had posted it way back when they first started the game. I know what i read and posted but i cant find that post nor am i going to look for it.

United States
                    Member #119
                    February 19, 2002
                    527 Posts
                    Posted: August 27, 2006, 6:43 pm - IP Logged

No matter how you slice it, there is NO pick 6 game on the planet that can beat LFL's 38-number number field.  It's incredible and that's all I'll say, although I do admit paying a buck extra for a ticket does stink!  But that's when you have to outsmart the number field! 

If you love games with 11 numbers more or even 17 more (PB/MM), then tell us why it's easier to play those particular games and how you do so.

United States
                      Member #1826
                      July 11, 2003
                      2645 Posts
                      Posted: August 27, 2006, 7:23 pm - IP Logged

Here's my beef with Lucky For Life. It's a $2 ticket, but unlike other $2 games like Match 6, half of the money is just used to fund some gimmick feature, when it could be used to fund another beef of mine, a paltry top prize. $36,000 per year (before taxes, mind you) is not nearly enough money to quit working and still raise a family comfortably. I personally have nothing wrong with annuity payments (at least they tell you how much you get and when, which is more than most games do), but when the installments are that low, then it becomes a problem. Now if they got rid of the instant win and put that money in the top prize, which would also roll over every time it isn't won, then it would definately work. But unfortanately, the lottery put too much into bells and whistles (something I typically like) and not enough into the substance of the actual game, and that's why it's not working, and why it needs to go.

(insert signature here)

United States
                        Member #1826
                        July 11, 2003
                        2645 Posts
                        Posted: August 27, 2006, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

This version would have worked much better. It's the same basic format, 6 out of 38, $2 per play, but as you can see taking out the instant win would allow for good increases across the board for the actual game.

Prize
                        Odds
                        Match 6
                        Top Prize*
                        1 : 2,760,681
                        Match 5
                        $2,500
                        1 : 14,378
                        Match 4
                        $50
                        1 : 371
                        Match 3
                        $5
                        1 : 28

*Top Prize is $100,000 per year for the rest of the winners life or $1.5 million cash.

(insert signature here)

United States
                          Member #119
                          February 19, 2002
                          527 Posts
                          Posted: August 27, 2006, 10:30 pm - IP Logged

Here's my beef with Lucky For Life. It's a $2 ticket, but unlike other $2 games like Match 6, half of the money is just used to fund some gimmick feature, when it could be used to fund another beef of mine, a paltry top prize. $36,000 per year (before taxes, mind you) is not nearly enough money to quit working and still raise a family comfortably. I personally have nothing wrong with annuity payments (at least they tell you how much you get and when, which is more than most games do), but when the installments are that low, then it becomes a problem. Now if they got rid of the instant win and put that money in the top prize, which would also roll over every time it isn't won, then it would definately work. But unfortanately, the lottery put too much into bells and whistles (something I typically like) and not enough into the substance of the actual game, and that's why it's not working, and why it needs to go.

For a field of just 38 numbers, it's not only fun and workable to manipulate that efficient group of numbers, but the money I would win I plan to use to supplement my income and put towards retirement (since I like what I do).  For me, "the substance of the actual game" is precisely a low number field game like LFL.  This is why I tend not to waste my hard earned money on a 55-number game like power/mega rip. 

United States
                            Member #379
                            June 5, 2002
                            11296 Posts
                            Posted: August 28, 2006, 4:27 pm - IP Logged

I just hope Match 6 isn't the game that gets replaced. The only reason I can think of for replacing M-6 rather than Unlucky for Life is that M-6 is an older game.

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
                              Yinzer Country, PA
                              United States
                              Member #4067
                              March 18, 2004
                              2741 Posts
                              Posted: September 2, 2006, 12:34 am - IP Logged

Since Hot Lotto is expanding, perhaps that's the new game coming to PA?

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.