Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Possible disturbing news

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 10 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
Member #2338
September 17, 2003
2063 Posts
Posted: August 29, 2006, 3:10 am - IP Logged

I don't get how this is disturbing. Lots of games don't offer prizes I would consider high enough. Like Mega for example. Disturbing would be the large games switching to computer RNG drawings. Or all lotteries in the US switching to RNG drawings. Or worse, the IRS considers a lottery winning as a Capital gain AND income and is subject to both taxes.

United States
    Member #379
    June 5, 2002
    11296 Posts
    Posted: August 29, 2006, 9:44 am - IP Logged

"Disturbing" because in the US, lifetime prizes usually do not offer a cash option. Canadian lotteries give players a choice of C$1000 a week for life or C$675,000 lump sum.

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
      Yinzer Country, PA
      United States
      Member #4067
      March 18, 2004
      2741 Posts
      Posted: August 29, 2006, 4:56 pm - IP Logged

You are forgeting something.  We do not know what the matrix will be.  Considering it is possibly replacing a pick 5 game, it may be a pick 5 game.  They may have just opted to go with a prize that fits the odds.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

wake forest
        United States
        Member #43322
        July 18, 2006
        13 Posts
        Posted: August 30, 2006, 1:59 am - IP Logged

they elected good ole hillary didnt they, why do you think i got the hell out of that state after living there my whole life of 26 years.  the people of new york are about the most naive and misguided people in the country, look at the population losses over the past 10 yrs plus, all the people with any brains, and who live in reality....got the hell out.  anything new yorkers get, (or dont), they deserve, their the ones voting these morons into office.

United States
          Member #379
          June 5, 2002
          11296 Posts
          Posted: September 7, 2006, 5:15 pm - IP Logged

If approved, Pay Check will go on sale in December. ME-NH-VT are also looking into a raffle game.