Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Math and Lotteries

Topic closed. 44 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Shane3.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
Member #41383
June 16, 2006
1969 Posts
Posted: September 27, 2006, 2:40 pm - IP Logged

I use 'some' backtesting, but not to try and predict the 100% future, but rather, to solidify my theories that you just CAN'T predict the future with 100% surety.

What I mean is, you may think 'AHA - I've got it - I can't lose', and then you back-test and find that, yes, you can lose, and probably will.  Because patterns that existed 12+ games ago change, they sway in different directions.

Yes one certain number may hit once every 10 games, and is 'due' - so you play it, but they also DIE at some point, and don't hit in 30-40 or more games. When does it die ?    WILL it die ?  For how long ?

That just tells me a person is better of picking 3 - maybe 4 games according to a 'theory', but you just about have to pick a number that doesn't make sense to your theory. 

Maryland
    United States
    Member #35590
    March 20, 2006
    185 Posts
    Posted: September 27, 2006, 3:20 pm - IP Logged

Shane3, I totally agree with you about the mathematical patterns.  And, yes, there is something there worth pursuing.

I use patterns.  But rather than backtest, I look forward.  I will institute the pattern I think will come up and then find the number set associated with that pattern.  After the drawing, or rather after I discover I am still not a winner, (Tennessee Cash 5 only) I run the successful pattern just to see how many number sets were contained in the winning pattern.  Last Monday night, 9/25/06, there were 33 winning number sets.

Had I picked the correct pattern, $33 would have produce a $150,000 winner.  I know; hada, shada, woulda, shoulda, ect. 

I am still searching and, who knows?, I might find it.

Anybody got any good patterns for sale?  Cheap?  Like, free?

Hopfully my "Chaos55" pattern will send a win your way.......because it is absolutely lethal once I let her loose....but I just can't seem to figure a way to get her on my side.

Let's hope she takes a liking to you.Big Smile

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19831 Posts
      Posted: September 27, 2006, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

I use 'some' backtesting, but not to try and predict the 100% future, but rather, to solidify my theories that you just CAN'T predict the future with 100% surety.

Most lottery games have odds of 1:1000 or worst, so if you could predict the future with even 1% surety you would come out ahead.  How much would be practical to spend to get that amount of accuracy would depend on the amount of the prize.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19831 Posts
        Posted: September 27, 2006, 6:52 pm - IP Logged

Had I picked the correct pattern, $33 would have produce a $150,000 winner.  I know; hada, shada, woulda, shoulda, ect. 

I've shared some observations in a couple of earlier posts, but last night I played 10 lines in MegaMillion using 27 numbers with 10 preselected mega balls and matched a 3+0 and a 1+1 to get my $10 back but that pattern could have just as easily produced a 4+1 for $10,000 had I been more lucky so I've decided not to mention it again until I exploited it to the fullest.  I back tested using the same pattern and parameters and I didn't do any better with 10 lines but several times I got a 2+1.  Having the right megaball guaranteed a $2 win regardless, but I need to have all the winning numbers on the same line more often.  With 27 core numbers, I had a shot at it with every five lines.

Evil Looking       

NASHVILLE, TENN
          United States
          Member #33372
          February 20, 2006
          1044 Posts
          Posted: September 27, 2006, 7:55 pm - IP Logged

I've shared some observations in a couple of earlier posts, but last night I played 10 lines in MegaMillion using 27 numbers with 10 preselected mega balls and matched a 3+0 and a 1+1 to get my $10 back but that pattern could have just as easily produced a 4+1 for $10,000 had I been more lucky so I've decided not to mention it again until I exploited it to the fullest.  I back tested using the same pattern and parameters and I didn't do any better with 10 lines but several times I got a 2+1.  Having the right megaball guaranteed a $2 win regardless, but I need to have all the winning numbers on the same line more often.  With 27 core numbers, I had a shot at it with every five lines.

And I have employed some of your patterns in my research.  Lantern provided me with several ideas as have a few others on this site. 

Everything I am using has come from this site.  Well, almost everything.

This is a wonderful place to be and I just love surfing thru all the old threads as well as keeping up to date with the new ones.  One of these days someone will post a topic that will pull all that I am doing together.  When that day arrives, well, you know.  You will never hear from me again.  LOL

I lied.  You will hear from me again.  And again.  And again.  And again.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19831 Posts
            Posted: September 27, 2006, 8:39 pm - IP Logged

GASMETERGUY,
            On August 1, 2006 EXCALIBUR posted  http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/137968 "I Could not log in as LANTERN, what I think that is my password for that name does not work, so I am posting as EXCALIBUR."

Since EXCALIBUR had been a member since October 2003, I assume the person known as LANTERN had been posting theories and opinions using both names.  When a member speak with several names, it hard to know which name speaks the better truth. 

Evil Looking       

NASHVILLE, TENN
              United States
              Member #33372
              February 20, 2006
              1044 Posts
              Posted: September 28, 2006, 10:58 am - IP Logged

GASMETERGUY,
              On August 1, 2006 EXCALIBUR posted  http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/137968 "I Could not log in as LANTERN, what I think that is my password for that name does not work, so I am posting as EXCALIBUR."

Since EXCALIBUR had been a member since October 2003, I assume the person known as LANTERN had been posting theories and opinions using both names.  When a member speak with several names, it hard to know which name speaks the better truth. 

Yeah, you're right.  When I wrote my post I considered briefly using "Lantern/Excalibur".  I think both are the same person.  A very smart, insightful person I might add.  His theories moved me miles down the road in developing my own theories.

He had a few thoughts I could not use but I am sure there are others who found those thoughts very useful. 

Oh, well, back to my "research".

Maryland
                United States
                Member #35590
                March 20, 2006
                185 Posts
                Posted: October 2, 2006, 2:31 pm - IP Logged

Once you figure out how to mathematically leave a ghost pattern, it becomes easier to be invisible and dodge the combination pattern filters that sweep the system. When a player is able to find that pattern that even erases the ghosting residue then you have found the holy grail..........that will put you within 5 draws of $250,000......I say 5 draws because there is no way of mathematically predicting 1 given draw...anyone who says it is possible is just blowing smoke unless they want to lend you $3.8 million to spend.

Now once the player achieves this 2nd prize......he can now work at alligning the red ball with the white ball.

Personally I am still in stage 1....as good as "Chaos55' seems to be, she is till a child and is leaving behind crumbs(ghosting residues) for the system combination filters to sniff out.

The combination filters are region specific....so it is very very hard to hide from it........that is why pattern wagers have more difficulty because they are leaving behind 'main course meals' for the filters to work at discouraging such a course............

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19831 Posts
                  Posted: October 2, 2006, 7:24 pm - IP Logged

Blue Thinking Shane3,
                  Speaking of just blowing smoke, what is ghost pattern and ghosting residues?

Evil Looking       

Maryland
                    United States
                    Member #35590
                    March 20, 2006
                    185 Posts
                    Posted: October 3, 2006, 9:13 am - IP Logged

Blue Thinking Shane3,
                    Speaking of just blowing smoke, what is ghost pattern and ghosting residues?

I like that....great sense of humor.Big Grin

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19831 Posts
                      Posted: October 3, 2006, 1:09 pm - IP Logged

I like that....great sense of humor.Big Grin

Sorry, I thought you were serious when you mentioned ghost pattern and ghosting residues.Blue Thinking

Evil Looking       

NASHVILLE, TENN
                        United States
                        Member #33372
                        February 20, 2006
                        1044 Posts
                        Posted: October 4, 2006, 1:43 pm - IP Logged

What I mean is, you may think 'AHA - I've got it - I can't lose', and then you back-test and find that, yes, you can lose, and probably will.  Because patterns that existed 12+ games ago change, they sway in different directions.

Yes one certain number may hit once every 10 games, and is 'due' - so you play it, but they also DIE at some point, and don't hit in 30-40 or more games. When does it die ?    WILL it die ?  For how long ?

That just tells me a person is better of picking 3 - maybe 4 games according to a 'theory', but you just about have to pick a number that doesn't make sense to your theory. 

Guesser

Patterns change with each draw.  No two draws will have the same pattern.

Your system must be set up to reflect those changes.  If your system does not allow for flexibility, then you might consider the fact that your system is too tight and needs loosening (did I spell that correctly?).

Of course this assumes you are using patterns and not "up 1, down 2, same, down 2, up 1". 

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                          Member #41383
                          June 16, 2006
                          1969 Posts
                          Posted: October 5, 2006, 12:25 am - IP Logged

Guesser

Patterns change with each draw.  No two draws will have the same pattern.

Your system must be set up to reflect those changes.  If your system does not allow for flexibility, then you might consider the fact that your system is too tight and needs loosening (did I spell that correctly?).

Of course this assumes you are using patterns and not "up 1, down 2, same, down 2, up 1". 

If anyone knows that no two draws are the same, it's me.

If a 4/1 split occurs, it's almost always followed by a 3/2.

If a longshot hits in two straight games, it's a pretty fair chance it won't happen in three straight. 

My system is fine, it's the operator of said system that's an idiot.

NASHVILLE, TENN
                            United States
                            Member #33372
                            February 20, 2006
                            1044 Posts
                            Posted: October 5, 2006, 6:11 pm - IP Logged

If anyone knows that no two draws are the same, it's me.

If a 4/1 split occurs, it's almost always followed by a 3/2.

If a longshot hits in two straight games, it's a pretty fair chance it won't happen in three straight. 

My system is fine, it's the operator of said system that's an idiot.

Well said, guesser.

That makes for two of us.  My system will produce the winning numbers also if it were not for the idiot making choices at the keyboard.

Maryland
                              United States
                              Member #35590
                              March 20, 2006
                              185 Posts
                              Posted: October 6, 2006, 5:38 pm - IP Logged

Sorry, I thought you were serious when you mentioned ghost pattern and ghosting residues.Blue Thinking

I am verry serious.......but mums the word right now. There are some powerful people in the gambling world, big business.....and I am not in the positon right now to get into trouble. After this week....I am on my best behaviour.Bed