Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 5:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

PB Challenge 9/9

Topic closed. 35 replies. Last post 10 years ago by RJOh.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19901 Posts
Posted: September 10, 2006, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

I have to travel to Indiana to play PowerBall so I don't actually play PB unless its jackpot is $180M or more and MegaMillion jackpot is a lot less.  MM is a local lottery in Ohio so I play it most of the time.

I usually play both jackpot games using a larger pool of numbers than I post in the challenges which include the numbers I post, but if I could come up with 15 numbers that consistently had 3 or more winning numbers I would only use the numbers in that group.

When ever I post any numbers, they are the results of my best efforts to pick winning numbers so I always play them too if I can, the only time I don't is when the lottery is not local.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
    Member #4416
    April 22, 2004
    1075 Posts
    Posted: September 10, 2006, 3:32 pm - IP Logged

The numbers that I post for the Challenge are just a smoke screen to steer people away from the really good numbers that I intend to buy tickets on. That way, I don't risk giving away my possible winning combination  of numbers. I don't want to have to share any part of all those millions of dollars. Nah, not really. I left town for the weekend without any of my data and no way to get on the 'net out in the country, so I just bought some QP's. I no longer put much money into the PowerBall game anyway. I'm more focused on Win For Life. I have far better chances, by luck or my own efforts, of cashing tickets on that game. I think that I might realistically be able to knock off the top prize in WFL.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19901 Posts
      Posted: September 10, 2006, 8:21 pm - IP Logged

ayenowitall,

I don't think anyone participating in either the PB or MM challenge feel they are sharing their winning combination because there are 15,015 possible combinations using 15 WB and 5 BB so even if their post had the winning 5 WB and 1 BB, the odds are no one would pick the the winning combination using their post. 

Evil Looking       

wake forest
        United States
        Member #43322
        July 18, 2006
        13 Posts
        Posted: September 11, 2006, 3:36 am - IP Logged

ayenowitall,

I don't think anyone participating in either the PB or MM challenge feel they are sharing their winning combination because there are 15,015 possible combinations using 15 WB and 5 BB so even if their post had the winning 5 WB and 1 BB, the odds are no one would pick the the winning combination using their post. 

exactly the point i have made in the past, in regards to predictors here, and the point some make that yall may not want to share your best numbers in order not to have to share the jackpot.

also the arguement that by somehow picking 15 numbers plus 5 and getting some numbers right, is a monumental feat. im sorry but i dont agree it is, and it certainly doesnt lower your odds enough to have a feasible chance at actually winning the jackpot.

while i will be the 1st to admit even that (the above) is not easy to do, anyone doing it for week after week will eventually get 4+0 or higher. try it, youll see that you do, eventually.  the hard thing to do is do it consistently, that is truly being good at picking numbers, and shows you have more "insight' than the norm.

while i in no way mean to take anything away from any of your accomplishments, show me you can do this repeatedly and i will say you can pick numbers, otherwise, i ll stick with what i believe already, that unless people come together, and come up with something, no one will win the jackpot on their own (method), and you can take that to the bank

while i know someone replied to me prev about people here winning the jackpot, and they replied someone did on the take 5 game, that may be, but there is no comparison with the odds on that game, and the ones on powerball.....none.

and if anyone thinks the challenges posted here, that lower your odds are great, go and spend 15k on a draw, and see if you win.....you wont. sorry.

ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
          Member #4416
          April 22, 2004
          1075 Posts
          Posted: September 11, 2006, 5:50 am - IP Logged

exactly the point i have made in the past, in regards to predictors here, and the point some make that yall may not want to share your best numbers in order not to have to share the jackpot.

also the arguement that by somehow picking 15 numbers plus 5 and getting some numbers right, is a monumental feat. im sorry but i dont agree it is, and it certainly doesnt lower your odds enough to have a feasible chance at actually winning the jackpot.

while i will be the 1st to admit even that (the above) is not easy to do, anyone doing it for week after week will eventually get 4+0 or higher. try it, youll see that you do, eventually.  the hard thing to do is do it consistently, that is truly being good at picking numbers, and shows you have more "insight' than the norm.

while i in no way mean to take anything away from any of your accomplishments, show me you can do this repeatedly and i will say you can pick numbers, otherwise, i ll stick with what i believe already, that unless people come together, and come up with something, no one will win the jackpot on their own (method), and you can take that to the bank

while i know someone replied to me prev about people here winning the jackpot, and they replied someone did on the take 5 game, that may be, but there is no comparison with the odds on that game, and the ones on powerball.....none.

and if anyone thinks the challenges posted here, that lower your odds are great, go and spend 15k on a draw, and see if you win.....you wont. sorry.

nclottoplayer,

Both you and RJOh completely missed the point of what I said, but since you've raised this issue, allow me to ask you a question. If no one person can win the PowerBall jackpot by his own methods, exactly how will that feat be accomplished by getting together with other people who cannot win a jackpot by their own methods? It sounds like you're saying that a lot of losing methods must add up to a winning method. I don't understand your reasoning.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19901 Posts
            Posted: September 12, 2006, 1:46 pm - IP Logged

ayenowitall,

I understood what you were saying, my point was even if a person had all the winning numbers in his post the odds of having a winner in 10-20 lines using those numbers aren't very good.  However I doubt if anyone has enough confident in their picks for the challenge to limit the combinations they actually play to the numbers they posted for the challenge.

I don't agree with nclottoplayer that during well in the challenge wouldn't improve one chances of during better in the actual drawings.  I think if anyone could come up with a 4+0 or better even 25% of the time their odds of winning a top prize or maybe the jackpot would be improved.  If combining the picks of several players help anyone win then they're available for anyone to use.

I back tested the way I picked 4 winning numbers in the last challenge and concluded I just got lucky.

Evil Looking