Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 5:18 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

PA Lucky for Life

Topic closed. 34 replies. Last post 10 years ago by rdc137.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Bradly_60's avatar - disney37
Atlantic Mine, Michigan
United States
Member #416
June 23, 2002
1614 Posts
Posted: September 8, 2006, 8:41 pm - IP Logged

Have you guys noticed the huge jump in winners lately.  Does anyone know the reason for this?

I looked around and noticed that they give away instant $10 prizes with the game with odds of 1 in 20.  Is this new.  If this is I could see why people are playing the game now.

Brad

United States
    Member #119
    February 19, 2002
    527 Posts
    Posted: September 8, 2006, 10:46 pm - IP Logged

Have you guys noticed the huge jump in winners lately.  Does anyone know the reason for this?

I looked around and noticed that they give away instant $10 prizes with the game with odds of 1 in 20.  Is this new.  If this is I could see why people are playing the game now.

Brad

The reason I and many others play this game is despite that it is a dollar more the odds with a 6/38 game are much, much better than a 6/49 or 6/59 (NY) game are, and of course, much better than Power/MegaRip (5/55), though this 6/38 game does NOT pay millions.  I can live with that; some cannot, but that's no need for them to trash this game.  Smaller number field games, though they sometimes pay less, are much more winnable.

United States
      Member #379
      June 5, 2002
      11296 Posts
      Posted: September 9, 2006, 9:42 am - IP Logged

PA has been giving out coupons for Unlucky for Life, even though (hopefully) the game will be gone in December.

I've written in an earlier post it's possible that MM and/or PB someday might resort to a lifetime second prize (5+0).

United States
        Member #16612
        June 2, 2005
        3493 Posts
        Posted: September 9, 2006, 4:47 pm - IP Logged

What are these coupons for Unlucky For Life CASH Only? I hope this ends before 2007.

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
          PA
          United States
          Member #22983
          October 6, 2005
          2226 Posts
          Posted: September 10, 2006, 4:15 pm - IP Logged

PA has been giving out coupons for Unlucky for Life, even though (hopefully) the game will be gone in December.

I've written in an earlier post it's possible that MM and/or PB someday might resort to a lifetime second prize (5+0).

Wow, still whining about a game you don't even play eh? I hope the game is NEVER gone as I also still enjoy playing it. I had 3 instant wins for one $10 play, which the clerk said they had never seen before. So not only did I get the ticket for free, I went home with $30 more dollars. I see you for got to point out that someone hit the jackpot:

Thurs, August 31, 2006
          Lucky For Life Lotto: 3, 7, 13, 15, 26, 37
          1 players matched 6 of 6, each receiving $3,000.00 a month for life
          9 players matched 5 of 6, each receiving $2,000.00
          257 players matched 4 of 6, each receiving $40.00

3,782 players matched 3 of 6, each receiving $3.00

and 28 people won $2,000 last week, and 17 people the week before. That is pretty god pay outs and not very "unlucky" by any means. I had another 4of6 match as well for the 6th time last month. The only thing I don't really like about the game is the $2.00 price, and I think the payout could be a little better. At least $60,000 a year. 

Delaware
            United States
            Member #30273
            January 14, 2006
            494 Posts
            Posted: September 10, 2006, 5:02 pm - IP Logged

Cash,

I still haven't found a game on PA's website called Unlucky for Life, but I have found a game called Lucky for Life. Is this a typo on your part? If not, can you please provide me with a link to UNlucky for Life so we can all see why this game is so bad?

Thanks a bunch.

- RDC

Delaware
              United States
              Member #30273
              January 14, 2006
              494 Posts
              Posted: September 10, 2006, 5:13 pm - IP Logged

Wow, still whining about a game you don't even play eh? I hope the game is NEVER gone as I also still enjoy playing it. I had 3 instant wins for one $10 play, which the clerk said they had never seen before. So not only did I get the ticket for free, I went home with $30 more dollars. I see you for got to point out that someone hit the jackpot:

Thurs, August 31, 2006
              Lucky For Life Lotto: 3, 7, 13, 15, 26, 37
              1 players matched 6 of 6, each receiving $3,000.00 a month for life
              9 players matched 5 of 6, each receiving $2,000.00
              257 players matched 4 of 6, each receiving $40.00

3,782 players matched 3 of 6, each receiving $3.00

and 28 people won $2,000 last week, and 17 people the week before. That is pretty god pay outs and not very "unlucky" by any means. I had another 4of6 match as well for the 6th time last month. The only thing I don't really like about the game is the $2.00 price, and I think the payout could be a little better. At least $60,000 a year. 

I have my set of numbers that I have a 26 draw ticket for. I agree thought that this would be a better game as a $1 game without the $10 instant win thing. I also have a subscription to Virginia's Win for Life game, which is a far better game (I worked in VA and thus was allowed to use my work address legally, I confirmed this with the lottery before buying the subscription). I win more with VA than PA. Actually, if PA were to drop Lucky for Life, perhaps they would consider joining VA-KY-GA W4L game instead.

PA
                United States
                Member #22983
                October 6, 2005
                2226 Posts
                Posted: September 10, 2006, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

Yeah the $2.00 price makes it expensive to do much wheeling, but that is the price for only 38 balls. I like my chances a lot better with 38 balls than 55 though, and one of 42. I hardly consider a lifetime of checks to be unlucky.

United States
                  Member #379
                  June 5, 2002
                  11296 Posts
                  Posted: September 11, 2006, 10:07 am - IP Logged

The new GA-KY-VA Lose for Life game will never expand. I will see to that.

PA has realized it made a mistake by not offering a cash option in Unlucky for Life.

Delaware
                    United States
                    Member #30273
                    January 14, 2006
                    494 Posts
                    Posted: September 11, 2006, 10:29 am - IP Logged

PA has realized it made a mistake by not offering a cash option in Unlucky for Life.

You will see to it? HAHAHA! You're funny. LOL

Coastal Georgia
                      United States
                      Member #2653
                      October 30, 2003
                      1866 Posts
                      Posted: September 11, 2006, 10:47 am - IP Logged

Exactly how will you "see to that "  What?    Thud

Pompous doesn't even begin to scratch the surface with you, but at least you are consistent  ...

DD

United States
                        Member #379
                        June 5, 2002
                        11296 Posts
                        Posted: September 11, 2006, 6:27 pm - IP Logged

The boycott of PA Unlucky for Life finally is proving successful. The boycott of GA-KY-VA Lose for Life so far has prevented other lotteries from joining.

Delaware
                          United States
                          Member #30273
                          January 14, 2006
                          494 Posts
                          Posted: September 11, 2006, 8:09 pm - IP Logged

The boycott of PA Unlucky for Life finally is proving successful. The boycott of GA-KY-VA Lose for Life so far has prevented other lotteries from joining.

CASH, go to your happy place...

PA
                            United States
                            Member #22983
                            October 6, 2005
                            2226 Posts
                            Posted: September 11, 2006, 10:59 pm - IP Logged

Boycott?

Mon, September 11, 2006
                            Lucky For Life Lotto: 3, 6, 8, 20, 34, 38
                            0 players matched 6 of 6, each receiving $3,000.00 a month for life
                            18 players matched 5 of 6, each receiving $2,000.00
                            699 players matched 4 of 6, each receiving $40.00

9,487 players matched 3 of 6, each receiving $3.00

That is only those who won. Not a very good boycott if you ask me. I had another 4 of 6 tonight on only 2 qp's, thought I had the jackpot yet again. I was ready to come here to post my celebration. I guess it will have to wait slightly longer. Smile  But a $40 payout is pretty good for $2.00 invested. (Buy one get one free coupon)

I will crack this game as I said in the past, as $2,250 a month after taxes will be a great financial cushion. As long as I do not create a much more expensive lifestyle, I could live off that alone for about 10 years. Unlucky my butt.

United States
                              Member #379
                              June 5, 2002
                              11296 Posts
                              Posted: September 12, 2006, 4:37 pm - IP Logged

Looks like you have only until December. I predict the new PA game will have a cash option (or be automatically cash) and will be a much better game.