Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

winning the lottery and living anywhere you wish

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Blackie.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Maryland
United States
Member #35590
March 20, 2006
185 Posts
Posted: September 14, 2006, 5:11 pm - IP Logged

I would remain exactly where I am.......only difference is my vaction won't be limited to 3 weeks....it would be 24/7...365/12.........and yes most of my vaction time would be spent by the ocean.........I mean a real pastel colour beach.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
    Member #4877
    May 30, 2004
    5121 Posts
    Posted: September 14, 2006, 8:55 pm - IP Logged

I'd get a house right on the river and do nothing but go catfishing every day.

WHY not......................................................

Savannah, GAga

LOL

PSYKOMO 

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
      Member #41383
      June 16, 2006
      1969 Posts
      Posted: September 14, 2006, 11:55 pm - IP Logged

Winter home in Panama,

Summer home in.......... ?  Huntington Beach maybe ?

Blackie's avatar - Norfolk 20Sunrise%20Nov%2016.jpg
        Norfolk , Va
        United States
        Member #4541
        May 2, 2004
        25098 Posts
        Posted: September 15, 2006, 12:35 am - IP Logged

That is a tough one.

All things considered, I MIGHT goto Isle of Man.  Many people who have never been to the Isle of Man are not sure exactly where it is! The answer is that it lies in the Irish Sea, between England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales, less than 60 miles west of the Lancashire coastline, and it is easy to get to thanks to excellent air and sea services.

All in all it seems like a good tax haven, though others may not agree.

But then after awhile, I'd get bored and come back!

Maybe 6 months there, until the fever died down.

Thats interesting Timmer. Being that I was born in Scotland It's sort of close to my birthplace. The beer is good but the climate isnt what I call great . The people are always friendly and fun to be around . Two things  that are a must are a raincoat and snowsuit. I should be back in England in about 2 weeks so maybe I can give a weather update.

Good Luck,

Blackie.                           

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
          Wandering Aimlessly
          United States
          Member #25360
          November 5, 2005
          4461 Posts
          Posted: September 15, 2006, 12:48 am - IP Logged

I have no idea.  Assume you are talking about a very large jackpot if it's "anywhere" so I guess I would travel a lot. There are too many beautiful places to list, so I'd have to name the countries I don't want to visit. Iran is high on the list. As far as the United States goes, I would pick a spot that has low crime, no traffic jams and friendly neighbors.  I enjoy the sunshine in FL but I really miss a cool mountain breeze and the change of seasons, so I think Western NC might be the place..Flat Rock maybe.  It's really hard to say until I've lived in a place for a while.

Blackie's avatar - Norfolk 20Sunrise%20Nov%2016.jpg
            Norfolk , Va
            United States
            Member #4541
            May 2, 2004
            25098 Posts
            Posted: September 15, 2006, 12:54 am - IP Logged

Hi LottoMike.  I think you've asked this before but it's interesting what people will say.

I like alot of places around the world .  Holland , Russia ( believe it or not ) Brazil, Thialand, Singapore, Ukraine, Switzerland , United Kingdom , the list goes on but I can tell you this. The people that actually live in these places , most want to go to America. I dont know if that fits into your question but some of the places and more I wouldnt mind living in. Been to them and would go back.

Good Luck,

Blackie.