Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

To SirMetro

Topic closed. 33 replies. Last post 10 years ago by rdc137.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
justxploring's avatar - villiarna
Wandering Aimlessly
United States
Member #25360
November 5, 2005
4461 Posts
Posted: September 20, 2006, 7:28 pm - IP Logged

"IMO there are parallels between cash v annuity and the abortion issue. For obvious reasons, I won't go any further."  CashOnly

Cash, this was a really cheap shot "for obvious reasons."  People often make comments and then write words like "don't bother even responding" or "I won't even get into this."  When this happens, it's a way of saying you need to make a point and have the last word. Then just say it.

For the year or so I've been on this site, I've seen your rants every time this discussion is raised, and even when it's not. At first I thought it was humorous. I still do.  After all, it's obvious that you feel very strongly about getting the cash, not the annuity. We all know that, we've all heard that.

Regarding the comment I above quoted, there's a big difference between a slip of paper with a few numbers on it and a living, breathing being. So there is absolutely no comparison.  I mean, you're talking about a game. (Maybe you really wrote that to stir up some controversy.)  BTW, I am politically pro-choice, although I won't label myself since I am very pro-life, meaning all life is important. Where and when it begins is a whole other very personal & private issue. Still, I would never compare a lottery pay-off to what you suggested. That's stooping to a whole new level.

United States
    Member #379
    June 5, 2002
    11296 Posts
    Posted: September 20, 2006, 7:29 pm - IP Logged

Delaware's (Multi-Win Lotto) odds are actually better because they only use 35 balls, however, the jackpot is seldom won because it starts at $50K, increases $2000 per draw, and draws 3 times per week. Its a bit of overkill, plus its a computerized game.

Now just to make matters interesting, when I picked up my tickets today in Dover, the clerk was talking to an apparent regular about the lack of sales for the Multi-Win Lotto and said that his understanding is that game will be replaced by the end of the year with a "regular" lottery game again. I did try to get more information, but the clerk said he didn't know anything else.

So maybe now Delaware is the next Hot Lotto state? AFAIK it's still expanding in November.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
      Member #41383
      June 16, 2006
      1969 Posts
      Posted: September 21, 2006, 2:05 am - IP Logged

And this is where the phrase 'I will agree to disagree' comes into play, and then, HOPEFULLY, a moderator will lock this thread.

Delaware
        United States
        Member #30273
        January 14, 2006
        494 Posts
        Posted: September 21, 2006, 10:22 am - IP Logged

And this is where the phrase 'I will agree to disagree' comes into play, and then, HOPEFULLY, a moderator will lock this thread.

...at which point we will simply start a new thread and continue the discussion Evil Smile