Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 5:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Time to complain to the Delaware Lottery

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 10 years ago by rdc137.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23352 Posts
Posted: September 20, 2006, 1:01 am - IP Logged

I have made a polite inquiry to the Delaware Lottery about their web pages not getting properly updated.  Like the recent problems in South Carolina, this kind of thing affects us all, because I can only show what Delaware decides to release to us all.

My inquiry has fallen on deaf ears.  They completely ignored a polite reminder that their web page has not been updated, and has repeatedly not been updated until I remind them each time.  So they just ignore it now.  Really great customer service.

If I was a Delaware resident, I would be particularly upset at the complete lack of respect for the players.

It's bad enough that they have computerized drawings, but to add insult to injury they don't even post the complete results, and they don't properly respond to e-mails.

I'm going to put a general call to the Lottery Post members: it doesn't matter what state you live in or play in, please write to Delaware, so they will get the point.  It will only take you a few seconds to do.  Here is their contact form:

http://www.delottery.com/contactus.html

Here's an example of one of their non-updated web pages:  http://www.delottery.com/games_numberofwinners.asp.

Thanks!

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

lotterybraker's avatar - pyramid
    mississippi
    United States
    Member #34478
    March 3, 2006
    5906 Posts
    Posted: September 20, 2006, 1:15 am - IP Logged

I did my part and I dont even play Delaware..lol

"Attention all Mathematicians: Check your degree at the door because when it comes to whole numbers you are the Amateur"

Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23352 Posts
      Posted: September 20, 2006, 8:30 am - IP Logged

That web page has still not been updated.  I hope everyone gets a chance to write.  It will literally take 30 seconds to send a quick note, because it's a web-based form.

jordi marey's avatar - Lottery-039.jpg

United States
        Member #17354
        June 17, 2005
        102 Posts
        Posted: September 20, 2006, 9:47 am - IP Logged

As with SC, Done.

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
          Stone Mountain*Georgia
          United States
          Member #828
          November 2, 2002
          10491 Posts
          Posted: September 20, 2006, 10:26 am - IP Logged

That web page has still not been updated.  I hope everyone gets a chance to write.  It will literally take 30 seconds to send a quick note, because it's a web-based form.

Sent the following note to DL this morning....

There is a moral obligation to perform your responsibility to the public in a dependable way every day. This is not an option is it? There are many good citizens who participate in the state's lottery in good faith and depend on the attention to honest reporting of those results. This must be done each day... not just some days or most days but in a good and timely fashion.

Up until this time your customer service and follow through have not been good. The manner in which you post your results is a serious one and must reflect trust. There are many people who depend on that trust.

All the violations of this trust and the lack of responses about these matters have been noted. Forget all the past violations up until now. From this point on....they should be addressed in a timely manner. 

It is our policy to follow through with polite request such as these until complete. You may depend on that. We have always enjoyed the final results of our efforts because of our commitment to those responsibilities. 

In the end ...this is not an option is it?  It is a public duty to the citizens.....but most importantly a public trust.  

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
            Stone Mountain*Georgia
            United States
            Member #828
            November 2, 2002
            10491 Posts
            Posted: September 20, 2006, 10:49 am - IP Logged

I went ahead and posted some stuff to the President of Iran.... and that Silly Munchkin Clown in North Korea..... while I was at it. Made my morning too.  LOL

Going to send  one to Jimmy Carter too.... he started all of this crap.  

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
              ORLANDO, FLORIDA
              United States
              Member #4924
              June 3, 2004
              5982 Posts
              Posted: September 20, 2006, 11:00 am - IP Logged

Very good WinD! I sent a message,also. If Fla keeps having brain farts, we can include them!!!

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
                Charlotte NC
                United States
                Member #17406
                June 18, 2005
                4054 Posts
                Posted: September 20, 2006, 11:09 am - IP Logged

Sent mine.  Maybe this time I won't get the "go to hell" reply.

takeemtothebank

Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23352 Posts
                  Posted: September 20, 2006, 11:36 am - IP Logged

Sent the following note to DL this morning....

There is a moral obligation to perform your responsibility to the public in a dependable way every day. This is not an option is it? There are many good citizens who participate in the state's lottery in good faith and depend on the attention to honest reporting of those results. This must be done each day... not just some days or most days but in a good and timely fashion.

Up until this time your customer service and follow through have not been good. The manner in which you post your results is a serious one and must reflect trust. There are many people who depend on that trust.

All the violations of this trust and the lack of responses about these matters have been noted. Forget all the past violations up until now. From this point on....they should be addressed in a timely manner. 

It is our policy to follow through with polite request such as these until complete. You may depend on that. We have always enjoyed the final results of our efforts because of our commitment to those responsibilities. 

In the end ...this is not an option is it?  It is a public duty to the citizens.....but most importantly a public trust.  

Win D,

VERY nice!  As of 11:36 AM Eastern, it is STILL not updated!

st.germain's avatar - Tarlor
                    chicago ill.
                    United States
                    Member #3600
                    February 4, 2004
                    337 Posts
                    Posted: September 21, 2006, 12:27 am - IP Logged

I wrote them and said:

"C'mon!!  Get with it ! Or do we have to fire you and get some new staff?  Update your website!"

Mad

Delaware
                      United States
                      Member #30273
                      January 14, 2006
                      494 Posts
                      Posted: September 21, 2006, 12:27 am - IP Logged

Don't expect much response, ESPECIALLY NON-RESIDENTS. Wayne Lemons is not the pillar of customer service. His goal is to maximize revenue without regards to customer service or the concerns of the players. Nice idea, Todd, however, when it is learned that it is a campaign started on a website, it will be ignored. Believe me I understand this, I live in Delaware and this is how Delaware works.

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
                        Member #2338
                        September 17, 2003
                        2063 Posts
                        Posted: September 21, 2006, 10:30 pm - IP Logged

With some of these state lotteries you would be far better calling them on the phone or writing an actual letter (real mail not email). Some state lotteries make you wonder if the people running it would even know how to use a computer at all.

United States
                          Member #2460
                          October 7, 2003
                          766 Posts
                          Posted: September 22, 2006, 12:49 am - IP Logged

I sent that to them: 

Wen ar yu goin tu updeit yur loteri resolts?
                          You are almost as bad as Tx, all those people playing the lottery there, giving the state about 3 billion $$ every year.
                          At least you are honest about it, you don't pretend that you give a fig about people, you let them know straight on the face that you don't care.
                          I say this just not because you use RNGs, but also because your customer service just isn't there, in other words there is no customer service to speak of.
                          I like that very much, you are straight and to the point about it, you let people know right away.
                          The Texas lottery has a lot to learn from you, they try to pretend that they care.
                          Just like you, they care about the billions.

Your admirer.

EXCALIBUR is no more that "Handle" is dead, gone.
                          Maybe sometime in the future I might come back as LANTERN again, but maybe not, if I don't come back as LANTERN in the future then I won't come back at all, but as I said there is no more EXCALIBUR.

Delaware
                            United States
                            Member #30273
                            January 14, 2006
                            494 Posts
                            Posted: September 22, 2006, 1:09 am - IP Logged

I sent that to them: 

Wen ar yu goin tu updeit yur loteri resolts?
                            You are almost as bad as Tx, all those people playing the lottery there, giving the state about 3 billion $$ every year.
                            At least you are honest about it, you don't pretend that you give a fig about people, you let them know straight on the face that you don't care.
                            I say this just not because you use RNGs, but also because your customer service just isn't there, in other words there is no customer service to speak of.
                            I like that very much, you are straight and to the point about it, you let people know right away.
                            The Texas lottery has a lot to learn from you, they try to pretend that they care.
                            Just like you, they care about the billions.

Your admirer.

If you seriously sent them that message they will not take the letter writing campaign as seriously.

BaristaExpress's avatar - BaristaExpressMX zpsfb0d8b5d.png
                              Magnolia, Delaware
                              United States
                              Member #18795
                              July 20, 2005
                              789 Posts
                              Posted: September 22, 2006, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

I have made a polite inquiry to the Delaware Lottery about their web pages not getting properly updated.  Like the recent problems in South Carolina, this kind of thing affects us all, because I can only show what Delaware decides to release to us all.

My inquiry has fallen on deaf ears.  They completely ignored a polite reminder that their web page has not been updated, and has repeatedly not been updated until I remind them each time.  So they just ignore it now.  Really great customer service.

If I was a Delaware resident, I would be particularly upset at the complete lack of respect for the players.

It's bad enough that they have computerized drawings, but to add insult to injury they don't even post the complete results, and they don't properly respond to e-mails.

I'm going to put a general call to the Lottery Post members: it doesn't matter what state you live in or play in, please write to Delaware, so they will get the point.  It will only take you a few seconds to do.  Here is their contact form:

http://www.delottery.com/contactus.html

Here's an example of one of their non-updated web pages:  http://www.delottery.com/games_numberofwinners.asp.

Thanks!

I have made my voice heard with this e-mail to the Delaware Lottery:

I have to tell you, I think it's bad enough that you have computer generated numbers for drawings (which should be OUTLAWED), but to not update your website in a timely manner is just plain bad customer service! This is just one reason as to why I go all the way to Maryland to play my 3 & 4 daily and nightly numbers. They (Maryland) atleast keep their website up to date like they should and they still have ball drawings; not computer generated drawings like Delaware does!

Keep dreaming the impossible dream, it just may come true! Thumbs Up