Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 1:24 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Time to complain to the Delaware Lottery

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 10 years ago by rdc137.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Delaware
United States
Member #30273
January 14, 2006
494 Posts
Posted: September 22, 2006, 2:57 pm - IP Logged

I have made my voice heard with this e-mail to the Delaware Lottery:

I have to tell you, I think it's bad enough that you have computer generated numbers for drawings (which should be OUTLAWED), but to not update your website in a timely manner is just plain bad customer service! This is just one reason as to why I go all the way to Maryland to play my 3 & 4 daily and nightly numbers. They (Maryland) atleast keep their website up to date like they should and they still have ball drawings; not computer generated drawings like Delaware does!

Since you live in Dover I would pay them a personal visit and file a written complaint, and carbon copy it to the state treasurer. I'm not kidding. If you really want to get them going, question the integrity of the drawing system and send it to the attorney general's office as well. If you do that though, be prepared to take it to the next level if they open an investigation.

I personally do question the drawings, and thus do not play anything other than Powerball.

Delaware
    United States
    Member #30273
    January 14, 2006
    494 Posts
    Posted: September 25, 2006, 1:36 am - IP Logged

TODD,

Just wondering, I know you live somewhere in NJ, but do you cross the bridge often to play in Delaware?

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23275 Posts
      Posted: September 25, 2006, 7:08 am - IP Logged

TODD,

Just wondering, I know you live somewhere in NJ, but do you cross the bridge often to play in Delaware?

I used to work in Delaware for a time, so I would play there every week.  Now I only play in DE when I'm passing though.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
        Member #119
        February 19, 2002
        527 Posts
        Posted: September 26, 2006, 10:31 pm - IP Logged

Delaware does NOT care about ANYONE who plays its lottery.

The ONLY thing they care about is to use the most sophisticated "computerized" software that illegally/unjustly/unethically increases its profit margin by scanning pre-selected combinations in the window before the drawing to elude winning combinations founded upon patterns found in randomness! 

whew-- I'm out of breath now!

Can I prove this?  No.

But do I KNOW this?  YES.

Delaware's drawings defy randomness.  And if they should assert I do not know what I talking about, why did they purchase this software in the first place, instead of letting randomness have its' place?

If everyone stops playing computerized lotteries, then it will change.

cps10's avatar - Lottery-004.jpg
          The Carolinas - Charlotte
          United States
          Member #21627
          September 12, 2005
          4138 Posts
          Posted: September 26, 2006, 10:48 pm - IP Logged

Delaware does NOT care about ANYONE who plays its lottery.

The ONLY thing they care about is to use the most sophisticated "computerized" software that illegally/unjustly/unethically increases its profit margin by scanning pre-selected combinations in the window before the drawing to elude winning combinations founded upon patterns found in randomness! 

whew-- I'm out of breath now!

Can I prove this?  No.

But do I KNOW this?  YES.

Delaware's drawings defy randomness.  And if they should assert I do not know what I talking about, why did they purchase this software in the first place, instead of letting randomness have its' place?

If everyone stops playing computerized lotteries, then it will change.

Greg

I like how you put this and I agree, however, for the time being, if you all are wanting to play DE, then why not play at the online stores where the Delaware Lottery can NOT scan the numbers to find what to draw?

The North Carolina Education Lottery - so much a joke that here are their mascots:

Stooges

Delaware
            United States
            Member #30273
            January 14, 2006
            494 Posts
            Posted: September 26, 2006, 11:24 pm - IP Logged

Greg

I like how you put this and I agree, however, for the time being, if you all are wanting to play DE, then why not play at the online stores where the Delaware Lottery can NOT scan the numbers to find what to draw?

May I suggest that those who want to see Delaware go back to ball drawings write the governor directly. Tell her you do not play the games because you do not believe the drawings are random because despite all efforts to assure, it is impossible to know for sure what the computer is actually doing. If you take up my suggestion, I strongly encourage you to be on point and thread lightly, as the governor is anti-gambling.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
              Chief Bottle Washer
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #1
              May 31, 2000
              23275 Posts
              Posted: September 27, 2006, 12:28 am - IP Logged

May I suggest that those who want to see Delaware go back to ball drawings write the governor directly. Tell her you do not play the games because you do not believe the drawings are random because despite all efforts to assure, it is impossible to know for sure what the computer is actually doing. If you take up my suggestion, I strongly encourage you to be on point and thread lightly, as the governor is anti-gambling.

Keep in mind that a year or two ago a couple of representatives in the Delaware legislature wrote a bill that would return the state to true drawings.  If you search further back in the news section here at Lottery Post you will find a few stories about it.  I was in contact with the legislators myself.

Bottom line is Lemon from the Delaware Lottery was opposed to it, and the bill didn't even make it to the debate stage.

With the massive importance of the Lottery's revenue to the states, the state legislators, with rare exceptions, have weak backbones when it come to controlling them.  Pitiful.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
              What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
              Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Delaware
                United States
                Member #30273
                January 14, 2006
                494 Posts
                Posted: September 27, 2006, 9:48 am - IP Logged

Keep in mind that a year or two ago a couple of representatives in the Delaware legislature wrote a bill that would return the state to true drawings.  If you search further back in the news section here at Lottery Post you will find a few stories about it.  I was in contact with the legislators myself.

Bottom line is Lemon from the Delaware Lottery was opposed to it, and the bill didn't even make it to the debate stage.

With the massive importance of the Lottery's revenue to the states, the state legislators, with rare exceptions, have weak backbones when it come to controlling them.  Pitiful.

I too contacted my local assemblymen, and unfortunately they didn't see a need to act because they had full faith in Mr. Lemons. I replied that their inaction will be held against them in consideration of their challenger in the next election. No response.

rundown99's avatar - cigar

United States
                  Member #567
                  August 14, 2002
                  484 Posts
                  Posted: September 27, 2006, 11:01 am - IP Logged

I have made a polite inquiry to the Delaware Lottery about their web pages not getting properly updated.  Like the recent problems in South Carolina, this kind of thing affects us all, because I can only show what Delaware decides to release to us all.

My inquiry has fallen on deaf ears.  They completely ignored a polite reminder that their web page has not been updated, and has repeatedly not been updated until I remind them each time.  So they just ignore it now.  Really great customer service.

If I was a Delaware resident, I would be particularly upset at the complete lack of respect for the players.

It's bad enough that they have computerized drawings, but to add insult to injury they don't even post the complete results, and they don't properly respond to e-mails.

I'm going to put a general call to the Lottery Post members: it doesn't matter what state you live in or play in, please write to Delaware, so they will get the point.  It will only take you a few seconds to do.  Here is their contact form:

http://www.delottery.com/contactus.html

Here's an example of one of their non-updated web pages:  http://www.delottery.com/games_numberofwinners.asp.

Thanks!

As long as Delaware allows lottery winners to remain anonymous, people will still run there to buy tickets, and everyone knows it!

Smart lottery winners form trust to claim their winnings.  They send an attorney to the lottery headquarters to claim the prize in trust, so that ONLY the name of the trust is revealed.  And they tell NO ONE, especially relatives.

If you ever win a lottery and you are single, the only person you should ever marry is someone who was truly in love with you BEFORE you won the jackpot!

Delaware
                    United States
                    Member #30273
                    January 14, 2006
                    494 Posts
                    Posted: September 27, 2006, 11:24 am - IP Logged

As long as Delaware allows lottery winners to remain anonymous, people will still run there to buy tickets, and everyone knows it!

That is a massive plus for playing Powerball in Delaware too, which is really what drives the majority of the sales. Ask any agent.