Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 5:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

REVERSE PB Challenge for 9/27

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Just6ntlc.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19903 Posts
Posted: September 26, 2006, 6:17 pm - IP Logged

Sorry, I should have posted:

WB:01 04 06 11 23 25 30 31 32 34 36 37 44 52 53
PB: 04 18 22 28 40

Good Luck.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
    Member #41383
    June 16, 2006
    1969 Posts
    Posted: September 26, 2006, 6:58 pm - IP Logged

Why is it bad to pick numbers by an EASY method? Is there some inherent merit in doing things the hard way? This is a rather strange challenge in which you want to tell people which numbers they can select and how they must select them. Sounds to me like you've already made some unilateral decision about which numbers are not supposed to hit. You might be onto something if you can convince the MUSL people to rig the drawings to your liking. However people choose whichever numbers, isn't the ultimate test in the way they stack up against the actual draw numbers? I was going to participate in this "challenge", but you already disallowed all the numbers that I was going to submit. And I didn't even come up with them the EASY way.

Well, for one thing, I started the thread, so I had something in mind, and 'easy' wasn't it. 

And can you elaborate on what 'the hard way' is ?   or even the 'easy way' - You refer to both of them.  Enlighten all of us please. 

What would be the point of someone selecting 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9 ?   Or 50-51-52-53-54-55 ?     Why those ?

It's too easy to pick the oldest 10 numbers - chances are ONE will hit every 2nd or 3rd game, and nine (or ten) won't, but that is a  'given'.  

It's too easy to pick all the oldest numbers, that is not what I was intending.  Those are a 'given'.   Can you not see that ?

What would the point be if EVERY reply to this - every person - listed the 10 longest shots ?   There would be no point. 

My apologies for not being clear on things from square one, If I do another one, I will be sure to put in rules and stipulations.  

ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
      Member #4416
      April 22, 2004
      1075 Posts
      Posted: September 26, 2006, 9:21 pm - IP Logged

An easy way of picking numbers would be quick and simple. A hard way of picking numbers would be complicated, laborious, and time consuming. My point is that no matter how numbers are selected or ruled out, the only measure of their accuracy lies in the actual drawing. If a number selected for this challenge is drawn, then it's wrong. If it's not drawn, then it's right. No one number or group of numbers is more right or more wrong than any others. It's rather cut and dried.

I don't think there are any givens about which numbers won't hit unless you can say exactly which numbers those are that won't hit. Otherwise, any number choice is as good or bad as another. Only the drawing itself will prove who was right or wrong.

If every person posted the same longest shots, I guess it would mean that they all agree. They would either be proven right or wrong based on the draw results. On the other hand, if everyone posted different numbers and covered the entire matrix, you'd know right off the bat that five of those numbers are wrong. But you'd have no way of knowing which five were wrong until the drawing was held.  I'm really not sure what the point of it all would be in either case. 

I agree that you should make it clear from the outset what your rules and intentions are for this reverse challenge. 

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
        Member #41383
        June 16, 2006
        1969 Posts
        Posted: September 26, 2006, 11:47 pm - IP Logged

An easy way of picking numbers would be quick and simple. A hard way of picking numbers would be complicated, laborious, and time consuming. My point is that no matter how numbers are selected or ruled out, the only measure of their accuracy lies in the actual drawing. If a number selected for this challenge is drawn, then it's wrong. If it's not drawn, then it's right. No one number or group of numbers is more right or more wrong than any others. It's rather cut and dried.

I don't think there are any givens about which numbers won't hit unless you can say exactly which numbers those are that won't hit. Otherwise, any number choice is as good or bad as another. Only the drawing itself will prove who was right or wrong.

If every person posted the same longest shots, I guess it would mean that they all agree. They would either be proven right or wrong based on the draw results. On the other hand, if everyone posted different numbers and covered the entire matrix, you'd know right off the bat that five of those numbers are wrong. But you'd have no way of knowing which five were wrong until the drawing was held.  I'm really not sure what the point of it all would be in either case. 

I agree that you should make it clear from the outset what your rules and intentions are for this reverse challenge. 

I agree with you 100%.

What I was hoping for was a cross-section of numbers, and let me use as an example:

3-12-13-14-38-42-49-52 

And someone else posts:

12-13-16-18-22-24-39-42 

Now we have a few common numbers - 12-13-42 - and now we can discuss how two people arrived at those same 3 numbers - never mind the other 5 - using their two different criteria/theories.

That was my plan, my point, to see how folks rule out numbers.  I know one was is to rule out numbers by doing the opposite of ruling IN numbers, and some folks (such as myself) rule out numbers if I think they are used up 'for awhile', but I stop short of using the hot/cold theories. #7, #8 and #26 fit that bill.    I know I keep saying I don't select numbers, I deselect numbers, so I was wondering how others deselect numbers as well.

That's what I was thinking, anyway. 

United States
          Member #16612
          June 2, 2005
          3493 Posts
          Posted: September 27, 2006, 12:26 am - IP Logged

Sorry, I should have posted:

WB:01 04 06 11 23 25 30 31 32 34 36 37 44 52 53
          PB: 04 18 22 28 40

Good Luck.

RJOh, use my quote to answer my question. Are those picks you're rooting against or are they the picks for MADDOG10's PB challenge? If you're going to root against these picks, then these are 15/5 picks.

1-5-6-7-8-14-15-20-23-24-25-26-34-39-46 and PBs: 4-13-28-36-40 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19903 Posts
            Posted: September 27, 2006, 8:40 am - IP Logged

RJOh, use my quote to answer my question. Are those picks you're rooting against or are they the picks for MADDOG10's PB challenge? If you're going to root against these picks, then these are 15/5 picks.

Juat6ntlc,

As I understood the challenge these were suppose to be the least likely numbers to hit.  I don't root against or for numbers, I just pick them to match the challenge.  These numbers are the farthest out from hitting and I usually pick numbers from the other end to win.  If I can ever pick 50 WB and 41 PB that won't hit then I will be on to something.  I haven't picked any numbers for MADDOG10's challenge yet.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
              Member #16612
              June 2, 2005
              3493 Posts
              Posted: September 27, 2006, 10:25 am - IP Logged

RJOh and guesser, these are my numbers I'm going against. These picks are the same predictions of my PB challenge with one minor change. WB 26 replaces WB 27 in my 15/5 format.

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
                Member #91
                January 19, 2002
                12015 Posts
                Posted: September 27, 2006, 7:59 pm - IP Logged

8 =3 hits in sept /no number has hit 4 times in one month this year.

17= sporadic number not consistant

21= prior to this month has had no repeating tendencies, chances of 3 hits in a month not good

29= shows up twice with in 9 to 11 draws then disappears,, this was its second appearance

31=no consistancey whatsoever, it gets its ass kicked by 30 and 32 most of the time

of course the bad part about this is to never bet on streaks,  this could all blow up in face, but if i was an odds maker this would be it

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

United States
                  Member #16612
                  June 2, 2005
                  3493 Posts
                  Posted: September 28, 2006, 1:42 am - IP Logged

guesser, the winning numbers of PB tonight are 23-28-33-35-49 PB 16.