Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 11:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Here We Go Again

Topic closed. 26 replies. Last post 10 years ago by sirbrad.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #1826
July 11, 2003
2645 Posts
Posted: September 28, 2006, 1:34 am - IP Logged

I hope this isn't the start of a trend. Somebody in Kansas won the $15mil Powerball jackpot, the second in a row. And we know Mega Millions just had it's 3rd winner in 4 draws. I sure hope this isn't the beginning of another winning streak.

(insert signature here)

United States
    Member #16612
    June 2, 2005
    3493 Posts
    Posted: September 28, 2006, 1:36 am - IP Logged

JimmySand9, I will be shocked if PB wins the jackpot for a third straight time. I will also be shocked if both MM and PB win jackpots back to back times in consecutive draws.

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
      PA
      United States
      Member #22983
      October 6, 2005
      2226 Posts
      Posted: September 28, 2006, 2:03 am - IP Logged

I would rather back to back wins than them raising the matrix again. I can see it now. Just match 5 of 58 and 1 of 45. I also would not mind winning the $15 million after a record jackpot win by someone else, as that would be about as anonymous as you could get. Personally I could care less how often it is won, or how big it gets. As long as I am the winner of at least one jackpot.

United States
        Member #1826
        July 11, 2003
        2645 Posts
        Posted: September 28, 2006, 2:24 am - IP Logged

I would rather back to back wins than them raising the matrix again. I can see it now. Just match 5 of 58 and 1 of 45. I also would not mind winning the $15 million after a record jackpot win by someone else, as that would be about as anonymous as you could get. Personally I could care less how often it is won, or how big it gets. As long as I am the winner of at least one jackpot.

I have nothing wrong with smaller jackpots. Heck, I play Cash 5 all the time. But when the prize is so much smaller than the odds to win it, then it's a problem. If Pick-6 Lotto over in Jersey got up to $15mil, woo-hoo, I'm going over the river and getting $10 worth. But if Powerball is $15mil, then it's not nearly as appealing. The shorter the odds, the less I expect the jackpots to be. And if a long odds game like Powerball, or more specifically, Mega Millions, can't deliver as $100mil+ jackpot at least once every 10 draws, then these long odds games aren't getting the job done. I'll just stick with Cash 5 and Match 6, thank you very much.

(insert signature here)

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
          PA
          United States
          Member #22983
          October 6, 2005
          2226 Posts
          Posted: September 28, 2006, 5:03 am - IP Logged

It is kind of odd that such games with such high odds have frequent winning streaks, and back to back winners. Most say it is because of increased ticket sales because the jackpot was so high, but how to do explain the $15 million then? Kind of throws the whole odds thing out of the window, in which I am not a firm believer in odds anyway.

Morrison, IL
            United States
            Member #4657
            May 13, 2004
            1884 Posts
            Posted: September 28, 2006, 7:56 am - IP Logged

All right, it's about time a PB jackpot under $100 million was won! I was beginning to get the idea it was rigged lol!!

NC
              United States
              Member #41968
              June 25, 2006
              16 Posts
              Posted: September 28, 2006, 8:12 am - IP Logged

All right, it's about time a PB jackpot under $100 million was won! I was beginning to get the idea it was rigged lol!!

I Totally Agree.

Maryland
                United States
                Member #35590
                March 20, 2006
                185 Posts
                Posted: September 28, 2006, 9:28 am - IP Logged

There is just no way the big games can avoid the conspiracy theorist like myself......because now we will just say....."these quick wins are just to throw us off their scent."

So you see...they just can't win with us.....LOL

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
                  Member #2338
                  September 17, 2003
                  2063 Posts
                  Posted: September 28, 2006, 9:36 am - IP Logged

I think MM is set for another long streak of low jackpots. It might get interupted by a pot just under 200 million but I doubt it. The MM group however will continue to do nothing about this failure of a game.

Powerball might have another good roll towards the end of the year.

It's also funny that the 2nd biggest jackpot is a 6/49 game with 24 million in tax-free cash. I remember when Canadians were complaining about the price moving to $2 but given the great prizes for a 6/49 game it would be hard to complain now. 

Greenwich, CT
                    United States
                    Member #4793
                    May 24, 2004
                    1822 Posts
                    Posted: September 28, 2006, 9:49 am - IP Logged

Every streak must come to an end, and the MMs low jackpot run is no exception.  Mega Millions is ready for an extended jackpot run. 

I'm predicting that this new cycle will top $200m.

United States
                      Member #379
                      June 5, 2002
                      11296 Posts
                      Posted: September 28, 2006, 9:55 am - IP Logged

Every streak must come to an end, and the MMs low jackpot run is no exception.  Mega Millions is ready for an extended jackpot run. 

If there is a silver lining to BOTH games having "winning streaks" right now, it's that NY Lotto is low, and growing by only $1 million per rollover. It stinks when NY Lotto is higher than both MM and PB.

Maryland
                        United States
                        Member #35590
                        March 20, 2006
                        185 Posts
                        Posted: September 28, 2006, 10:30 am - IP Logged

Here is how MM can get back to it's winning ways.....just go ahead and let Chaos55 through...after that the world is yours for the salivating once again. Doesn't matter to me....$12mil, $20mil or $50mil...that is enough for me....I am not greedy.....just let Chaos55 through and you will be 'right as rain' once again....the hands will be removed from around your throat.....lol

Now don't turn up the level of difficulty on me now just because I am calling you out.....be nice to me......if you turn up the level of difficulty on your filters then I am going to be forced to stay beyond the end of October........just let me through and I will call a truce and go away quietly into the night.Cheers

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19901 Posts
                          Posted: September 28, 2006, 10:45 am - IP Logged

Shane3,

Why would either MM or PB let Chaos55 though?  If Chaos55 isn't winning then every time you play Chaos55 you're adding to the jackpot.  They probably would be happier if more people were using a similar system trying to beat the odds.  I know I've added to the jackpot many times using my system.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                            Member #16612
                            June 2, 2005
                            3493 Posts
                            Posted: September 28, 2006, 11:19 am - IP Logged

I think MM and PB continue to win jackpots at big odds is pure luck.

Maryland
                              United States
                              Member #35590
                              March 20, 2006
                              185 Posts
                              Posted: September 28, 2006, 11:51 am - IP Logged

Shane3,

Why would either MM or PB let Chaos55 though?  If Chaos55 isn't winning then every time you play Chaos55 you're adding to the jackpot.  They probably would be happier if more people were using a similar system trying to beat the odds.  I know I've added to the jackpot many times using my system.

I can tell you with 99.9% certainty that there is only one way for MM or even PB to beat "Chaos55" for the $250,000 prize over a series of 8 to 12 draws......."The X-factor"

To illustrate: imagine a set of numbers from 1 to 10. Next on five separate occasion....select 8 or 9 of those numbers each time.  What are the odds of another person who is asked to select one number between 1 to 10....What if they select for five times in a row the only number that you did not draw on each of those five times.........the ONLY way that can be done is with "The X-Factor"....and I'll leave it at that.

Your statement does make sense except for the fact that consistent early jackpot giveaways affect the actual amout waged by the public......it affects the psyche.....thus the profiit margin is lower. They absolutely still make money...but not like the frenzy over a $150mill plus jackpot.  No, they would not be happy if more people were betting like me, because Chaos55 is a winning breakeven program.....plus if the jackpot keeps geting hit whenever it is used.....then that is not good for them when it comes to maximizing the profits. Anyway I am sure they were enjoying collecting my dough prior to Chaos55. Chaos55 actually now has a winning margin over total expenditures. However I am still playing catch up to all those early wages I made without a system that were just dumb. I am now about $700 away from breaking even since I started in April/May....If I count just from when I started using Chaos55 then I am a couple thousand ahead of what I have spent with Chaos55. So while not bringing the main prize home to me...I'd still call her successful....so if everyone were breaking even or ahead on their wagers, I seriously doubt they would be happy......so in general you are correct, but it does not apply to Chaos55 since it is now a winning program......it just has not yet made that evolutionary leap to the 2nd prize or an accidental bumping into the Jackpot.