Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:27 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

internet gambling bill will be voted on tonight

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Tenaj.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: September 29, 2006, 7:25 pm - IP Logged

Republican Leaders Reach Port Security Conference Deal ...

"A major maritime security bill will head to the House floor
tonight with a last-minute provision that would crack down on the $12 billion online gambling industry but without other controversial additions, such as court security measures and protections for phone companies that cooperate with government wiretapping, House Homeland Security Chairman King told CongressDaily today. King said the text of the conference report is done and will be brought to the House floor tonight for a vote. House and Senate Republican leaders were trying earlier today to attach last-minute measures to the bill. The only one that survived was from Senate Majority Leader Frist that would crack down on Internet gambling, King said."

JAP69's avatar - alas
    South Carolina
    United States
    Member #6
    November 4, 2001
    8790 Posts
    Posted: September 29, 2006, 7:41 pm - IP Logged

They will wait until its dark outside for their mid night passage of things they can not get thru on regular hours.

Fri night they will rush it thru so they can go out and booze it up before it gets to late.

Every one e-mail the prez not to sign the bill.

WHATT

JAP69's avatar - alas
      South Carolina
      United States
      Member #6
      November 4, 2001
      8790 Posts
      Posted: September 29, 2006, 7:45 pm - IP Logged

We can get together and hire a top rate lawyer to file a class action lawsuit against Frist.

Maybe the ACLU will help us out.

WHATT

Tennessee
        United States
        Member #7853
        October 15, 2004
        11338 Posts
        Posted: September 29, 2006, 7:58 pm - IP Logged

House - 11pm or 12pm est (3-4 hours from now)
        Senate - Not quite as sure

this is the info.looks like it will be passed.not sure how bad things are yet but they definitely aren't good.

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
          Charlotte NC
          United States
          Member #17406
          June 18, 2005
          4053 Posts
          Posted: September 29, 2006, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

House - 11pm or 12pm est (3-4 hours from now)
          Senate - Not quite as sure

this is the info.looks like it will be passed.not sure how bad things are yet but they definitely aren't good.

due to a series of unrelenting circumstances the situation seems insurmountable.

takeemtothebank

TheTruth's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
            Detroit, MI
            United States
            Member #43946
            July 27, 2006
            365 Posts
            Posted: September 29, 2006, 9:35 pm - IP Logged

well whatever, hopefully when this thing passes over (and i don't mean the damn bill), some of you will get back to your lives...or maybe you will continue to worry about it in the years to come. To each his own

"The happiest moment of your life will be the moment it ends...thats because it doesn't end but goes on in ways so magnificent, so full of peace - wisdom - and joy, as to make it difficult to describe  and impossible for you to comprehend"

God

Tennessee
              United States
              Member #7853
              October 15, 2004
              11338 Posts
              Posted: September 29, 2006, 9:55 pm - IP Logged

hey truth don't take me the wrong way because i can be blunt sometimes and your ok but you gotta understand that yeah some people here may worry for years to come because this stuff affects our lifestyles.you got winners on here who can rake in the dough like it ain't nothing.i'm one of those people who has won thousands using my brain and my computer monitor and it was pretty damn easy.i don't look forward to working extra days and i'll never get used to it and i won't like it.this might kill my lottery enthusiasm totally.i might be having to go to the dogs and i mean that literally.i might have to go back to dogs and ponies which is what i was doing before i got started with the lottery.i like the lottery a lot better but it looks like my hands are gonna be tied.a lot of people ask me why don't i just bet on my home state.i don't do good in my home state and thats why i play other states at betslips.you can't miss what you never had and since you never got started playing online its hard for you to know what people like me are going through.its a life changing event.i might be working next friday instead of sitting here talking to you because of this ignorant **** that will be passed as a law.

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                Member #5344
                June 30, 2004
                23641 Posts
                Posted: September 30, 2006, 10:00 am - IP Logged

They will wait until its dark outside for their mid night passage of things they can not get thru on regular hours.

Fri night they will rush it thru so they can go out and booze it up before it gets to late.

Bush has signed everything put in front of him. Then after the meeting he will put his own clause in there the way he sees fits.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/articles/2006/04/30/bush_challenges_hundreds_of_laws/

The Constitution is clear in assigning to Congress the power to write the laws and to the president a duty ''to take care that the laws be faithfully executed." Bush, however, has repeatedly declared that he does not need to ''execute" a law he believes is unconstitutional.

Bush is the first president in modern history who has never vetoed a bill, giving Congress no chance to override his judgments. Instead, he has signed every bill that reached his desk, often inviting the legislation's sponsors to signing ceremonies at which he lavishes praise upon their work.

Then, after the media and the lawmakers have left the White House, Bush quietly files ''signing statements" -- official documents in which a president lays out his legal interpretation of a bill for the federal bureaucracy to follow when implementing the new law. The statements are recorded in the federal register.

In his signing statements, Bush has repeatedly asserted that the Constitution gives him the right to ignore numerous sections of the bills -- sometimes including provisions that were the subject of negotiations with Congress in order to get lawmakers to pass the bill. He has appended such statements to more than one of every 10 bills he has signed.

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                  Member #14
                  November 9, 2001
                  31344 Posts
                  Posted: September 30, 2006, 1:43 pm - IP Logged

and play with underage pages.

love to nibble those micey feet.

TheTruth's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
                    Detroit, MI
                    United States
                    Member #43946
                    July 27, 2006
                    365 Posts
                    Posted: September 30, 2006, 4:02 pm - IP Logged

hey truth don't take me the wrong way because i can be blunt sometimes and your ok but you gotta understand that yeah some people here may worry for years to come because this stuff affects our lifestyles.you got winners on here who can rake in the dough like it ain't nothing.i'm one of those people who has won thousands using my brain and my computer monitor and it was pretty damn easy.i don't look forward to working extra days and i'll never get used to it and i won't like it.this might kill my lottery enthusiasm totally.i might be having to go to the dogs and i mean that literally.i might have to go back to dogs and ponies which is what i was doing before i got started with the lottery.i like the lottery a lot better but it looks like my hands are gonna be tied.a lot of people ask me why don't i just bet on my home state.i don't do good in my home state and thats why i play other states at betslips.you can't miss what you never had and since you never got started playing online its hard for you to know what people like me are going through.its a life changing event.i might be working next friday instead of sitting here talking to you because of this ignorant **** that will be passed as a law.

I finally see your point of view on the subject Mike. Im sure you alrdy read the newest post on the bill passing, guesser's statement in my honest opinion was dead on, and he/she said everything I was trying to relate. I jay walk all the time lol, with caution of course, and have never ever been stopped...internet gambling is on par with jaywalking, sure its a law, but it means nothing when not enforced, and the govt has to much on their plates to enforce this...the internet is endless, it is inconcievable to even attempt to control what people gamble their cash on online

I swear,most of the lawmakers and congress folks make these bills to show that they are actually doing something worthwhile on our dime...

I really enjoyed the happy, money-making Mike who is very succesful in this game...I can't help but feel you let something like this stop you from making money and being happy now. Yet, Everyone has their moments where life seems unfair...but at what point will you get over this anxiety? the bill will likely get passed, but so has many other countless bills that means nothing, so what.

To end, assuming you read this...I was intrested in online gambling for quite some time but becuz of my age at the time it just wasn't possible for me to play, all I had was a dream. I looked into online gambling heavily and I see nothing but benefits from it. I know I will enjoy it as soon as I start playing again later this October...It's funny now that I typed this becuz I kept promising myself that I would make thousands by october back in July/August when I didn't have a job to fund lottery anything. Make dreams mike, make dreams....

Seacrest Out Cheers

"The happiest moment of your life will be the moment it ends...thats because it doesn't end but goes on in ways so magnificent, so full of peace - wisdom - and joy, as to make it difficult to describe  and impossible for you to comprehend"

God

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                      Chief Bottle Washer
                      New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #1
                      May 31, 2000
                      23260 Posts
                      Posted: September 30, 2006, 9:58 pm - IP Logged

Bush has signed everything put in front of him. Then after the meeting he will put his own clause in there the way he sees fits.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/articles/2006/04/30/bush_challenges_hundreds_of_laws/

The Constitution is clear in assigning to Congress the power to write the laws and to the president a duty ''to take care that the laws be faithfully executed." Bush, however, has repeatedly declared that he does not need to ''execute" a law he believes is unconstitutional.

Bush is the first president in modern history who has never vetoed a bill, giving Congress no chance to override his judgments. Instead, he has signed every bill that reached his desk, often inviting the legislation's sponsors to signing ceremonies at which he lavishes praise upon their work.

Then, after the media and the lawmakers have left the White House, Bush quietly files ''signing statements" -- official documents in which a president lays out his legal interpretation of a bill for the federal bureaucracy to follow when implementing the new law. The statements are recorded in the federal register.

In his signing statements, Bush has repeatedly asserted that the Constitution gives him the right to ignore numerous sections of the bills -- sometimes including provisions that were the subject of negotiations with Congress in order to get lawmakers to pass the bill. He has appended such statements to more than one of every 10 bills he has signed.

Maybe it just goes to show that Bush and his staff are smarter than the people who wrote the bills.  Would you disagree with that?

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                        Member #41383
                        June 16, 2006
                        1969 Posts
                        Posted: September 30, 2006, 10:11 pm - IP Logged

the epitome of self-serving big-businessman in politics.

Every poll shows he isn't doing what the public wants, but he doesn't care, he doesn't have to care, he's a politician not up for reelection.

His choices for the Supreme Court will be felt for years to come, and not in a good way. 

Chief Bottle Washer
                          New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #1
                          May 31, 2000
                          23260 Posts
                          Posted: September 30, 2006, 10:46 pm - IP Logged

Leaving Well, I guess that's one way to look at things.

Help eliminate computerized drawings!

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                            Member #5344
                            June 30, 2004
                            23641 Posts
                            Posted: September 30, 2006, 11:10 pm - IP Logged

Maybe it just goes to show that Bush and his staff are smarter than the people who wrote the bills.  Would you disagree with that?

I haven't seen anything yet to indicate that he has any smarts at all.  I am not trying to be mean.  I believe in God.  I pray that he does something to improve matters before he leaves office.  So all the suffering doesn't go in vain. 

If he and his staff are smarter than the bill writers, it would look like he would make a stand and veto the bill.  Instead he signs the bill and modifies it to his liking.

His attitude has gotten to the point where "he" rules.  We are all under his thumb until the end of his term.  Prayers are what this country needs until we are rid of this burden.

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

Chief Bottle Washer
                              New Jersey
                              United States
                              Member #1
                              May 31, 2000
                              23260 Posts
                              Posted: September 30, 2006, 11:37 pm - IP Logged

Whatever you say.