Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 7:07 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Internet Gambling Is Dead

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 10 years ago by SirMetro.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
unseen's avatar - 4eyes
louisville, Ky
United States
Member #4928
June 3, 2004
142 Posts
Posted: October 2, 2006, 8:37 pm - IP Logged

From PokerStars.com regarding the issue

1. Your money is completely safe at PokerStars. It's kept in a segregated account at one of the largest banks in Europe.

2. You do, and will, have 24/7 access to your account funds. You will always be able to get to your money.

3. We have not made a decision one way or another as regards closing our American accounts.

The other thing that I can promise is that we'll keep the lines of communication open to forums such as these. Stay tuned.

Best regards,
Lee Jones

PokerStars Poker Room Manager

PartyPoker, PokerStars to pull out of US market

Gambling911.com has learned that PartyPoker and PokerStars will likely be following 888.com suit and be pulling out of the US market.

Sources close to both poker rooms have informed Gambling911 that statements should be issued some time Monday from the two firms.

PartyGaming, fearful of its share price tumbling, is expected to announce that it will focus exclusively on the European and Asian markets as well as Canada.

The poker sites are going to take the biggest hits as they rake in billions from the US alone I think. 

cps10's avatar - Lottery-004.jpg
    The Carolinas - Charlotte
    United States
    Member #21627
    September 12, 2005
    4138 Posts
    Posted: October 3, 2006, 9:19 am - IP Logged

From PokerStars.com regarding the issue

1. Your money is completely safe at PokerStars. It's kept in a segregated account at one of the largest banks in Europe.

2. You do, and will, have 24/7 access to your account funds. You will always be able to get to your money.

3. We have not made a decision one way or another as regards closing our American accounts.

The other thing that I can promise is that we'll keep the lines of communication open to forums such as these. Stay tuned.

Best regards,
    Lee Jones

PokerStars Poker Room Manager

PartyPoker, PokerStars to pull out of US market

Gambling911.com has learned that PartyPoker and PokerStars will likely be following 888.com suit and be pulling out of the US market.

Sources close to both poker rooms have informed Gambling911 that statements should be issued some time Monday from the two firms.

PartyGaming, fearful of its share price tumbling, is expected to announce that it will focus exclusively on the European and Asian markets as well as Canada.

The poker sites are going to take the biggest hits as they rake in billions from the US alone I think. 

I agree, however, I still don't see how they will be able to enforce a complete ban on there. I guess the larger ones have most risk, because they are easily accessible, but the smaller ones should be in good shape I would think.

The North Carolina Education Lottery - so much a joke that here are their mascots:

Stooges

SirMetro's avatar - center
      East of Atlanta
      United States
      Member #6191
      August 11, 2004
      1389 Posts
      Posted: October 4, 2006, 1:39 pm - IP Logged

Below is an online petition that is circulating various areas in regards to online gambling.

http://www.petitiononline.com/LOGNOW/petition.html