Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 5:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Overseas gambling

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 10 years ago by four4me.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: October 6, 2006, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

i'm sorry todd.you know that i don't want this to end and i certainly hope it doesn't.i may have given others the wrong impression and i'm sorry.you know that i have probably won more online than others here and i definitely like the thought of things continuing as they are.being that i have a pretty huge stake in this i'll be among the first to be exploring other options if it ever comes to that.my gloom and doom was me being depressed about the whole thing ending which may have sent others the wrong impression.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
    Dump Water Florida
    United States
    Member #380
    June 5, 2002
    3106 Posts
    Posted: October 7, 2006, 2:16 am - IP Logged

First of all, nothing is going to happen for 270 days. The Secretary and the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System have 270 days (after the bill is signed by the president) to come up with enforcement policies and procedures. Those
    procedures are directed to the behavior of banks and credit card companies not players.  It looks like only credit cards will be involved.  When it comes to online gaming one should always keep their funds at an amount they can afford to lose.

BobP

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8364 Posts
      Posted: October 7, 2006, 3:40 am - IP Logged

i'm sorry todd.you know that i don't want this to end and i certainly hope it doesn't.i may have given others the wrong impression and i'm sorry.you know that i have probably won more online than others here and i definitely like the thought of things continuing as they are.being that i have a pretty huge stake in this i'll be among the first to be exploring other options if it ever comes to that.my gloom and doom was me being depressed about the whole thing ending which may have sent others the wrong impression.

Mike I'd say you were fixated on it. constantly worrying about what might happen when it'll happen and if in it will affect you. Instead of trying to figure out another way to fund your account. Like can you send a money order.

of course you do know the whole reasoning behind this is so uncle can get his piece of the pie once that happens and the government regulates which sites we americans can play at. Most of this bill is not so much about lottery as it is other forms of gambling. Wether or not some of those other sites are laundering money. Or making money to fund war crimes etc.

It goes way beyond the lay persons commonality uncle cant stand us spending money overseas or on any venture they don't have a hand in. And during an election year every tom dick harry and sally want to do something to make them look good even if it's some ridiculous adventure like going after the citizens who spend on online betting.

Trust in the fact that the big banks will do everything they can to put a stop to uncle passing this bill. because they will lose money if their cardholders cant fund accounts. Were talking billions of dollars they will lose monthly if not more.

One other thing is uncle has looked at the revenue going out of this country as a loss to its coffers cause they aren't making any additional money off the money citizens are spending gambling on the internet.