Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Reverse challenge for PB, Wednesday, 10/11/06

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 10 years ago by guesser.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
Member #41383
June 16, 2006
1969 Posts
Posted: October 6, 2006, 12:36 am - IP Logged

Yes, for Wednesday, 10/11/2006.

I wanted to try and explain what I'm trying to get at here, some folks don't get it at all.

This is NOT a 'contest' perse' to see who can pick the most losers - if it was, EVERYONE would pick ALL of the longshots, or they would pick 5 consecutive numbers in a row, or they would pick all 5 numbers from the prior game.  That's not my intent.

I'm trying to get at how or why folks eliminate some numbers from, say the most recent 10 games or so from their selection, do you use hot/cold theories, star alignment, tarot cards, if you use logic, how is it based, law of averages, etc. ?

I also wanted to post this well in advance of NEXT Wednesday so maybe folks could think about it.  All I am looking for is maybe 5 numbers you would NEVER pick from the prior 10 games or so, any why you discount them.  It would be interesting (to me, anyway) to see if a majority of folks all eliminate some of the same numbers, as to how we all came up with the same ones, and why.

If this goes over OK, we can do more, it's up to you folks, if you want to try it or not.

I will post my exact thoughts probably next Monday night, after I can digest this Saturday's results. 

Bang Head

United States
    Member #16612
    June 2, 2005
    3493 Posts
    Posted: October 6, 2006, 8:36 am - IP Logged

guesser, why did you post this thread for 10/11/06, not 10/7/06 in PB? How many numbers can we pick?

United States
      Member #41383
      June 16, 2006
      1969 Posts
      Posted: October 6, 2006, 1:54 pm - IP Logged

Pick as many or as little as you like, my point was, if we all have our own little 'systems', and independently a majority of us come up with some of the same numbers, maybe that will help us ALL in the future.

What I DON'T want to happen is for someone to list a number, and for the reason they eliminated it to be 'just because', or 'I had a feeling'. 

I didn't do 10/7 because I wanted to give folks more time to digest what I was trying to accomplish here, and once we know where we are all 'coming from', future queries will go much better.  

United States
        Member #16612
        June 2, 2005
        3493 Posts
        Posted: October 8, 2006, 12:24 am - IP Logged

guesser, do we have to pick WBs only or both WBs and PBs?  If we did pick WBs only, I would guess 1-12-25-34-48. If you pick WBs and PBs, then my pick guesses would be 1-11-27-34-48 PB 8 and 1-11-27-34-48 PB 40.

United States
          Member #41383
          June 16, 2006
          1969 Posts
          Posted: October 8, 2006, 1:21 am - IP Logged

We'd run into the same problems picking the PB as we would if everyone picked all WB longshots (of which most of your picks are all longshots, which defeats the purpose of this......).

So dear tell us: why #27 ? 

United States
            Member #41383
            June 16, 2006
            1969 Posts
            Posted: October 8, 2006, 1:25 am - IP Logged

Oh - the following white ball numbers are ineligible:

5-44-36-37-53-11-25-34-1.

Folks, if I didn't do that, EVERYONE would pick most of them, or all of them. 

Please reread my very first posting here to see what I was trying to accomplish, we will either make it work, or it won't work. 

United States
              Member #16612
              June 2, 2005
              3493 Posts
              Posted: October 8, 2006, 3:08 am - IP Logged

guesser, I pick 27 because that is PB's estimated jackpot. guesser, you said that 5-44-36-37-53-11-25-34-1 are ineligible. That would mean, I would pick 27-2-48-9-26 as my 5 WBs.

United States
                Member #41383
                June 16, 2006
                1969 Posts
                Posted: October 9, 2006, 4:49 pm - IP Logged

3 -  two 2-in-rows, possibly a 3-in-a-row ?  Unlikely

8 -  not 3  2-in-a-rows in 31 games.

2 -  numbers that have been hit with both WB and RB in the same game just doesn't hit too frequently after that.

12 -  a WB 'usually' (I said USUALLY) does not hit after the PB of the same number hits.  Yes, I know it just did, it won't happen this time)

17 - doesn't support hits too close together. 

30 - doesn't have the history to support another hit for about another 15 games.

31 - ' (same as 30)                                                                  '. 

54 - hits once every 10 games.

Guess what ?   I may play one of the above numbers.

Why ?

Because numbers hit for no reason at all, that's why. 

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
                  Member #91
                  January 19, 2002
                  11906 Posts
                  Posted: October 9, 2006, 9:01 pm - IP Logged
                  1. 7- showed up once in Feb and repeated itself in March. repeats in Sept shows up  once in Oct. 
                  2. 9- What a disappoinment this guy is,,,8 & 10 are kicking its ass.... 
                  3. 16- Hit 7 times this year...4 in the first column....not its time.
                  4. 21- one of my favorites (probably why its only shown up 4 times this year)
                  5. 27- Not a repeater except for sept...This could be my mistake but it might show in a few draws
                  6. 29- the lost redheaded step child. this number showed up 4 times this year (3 times in the 4th column)
                  7. 46- Like one of the last guys you would pick in a backyard basketball game
                  8. 42- This is a bad pick. but when it comes out its usually in the 5th column (4 of 6 times).  I think there will be a higher last number on Wed.....
                  9. 55- for some reason I just don't like this number.....

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

United States
                    Member #16612
                    June 2, 2005
                    3493 Posts
                    Posted: October 10, 2006, 10:48 pm - IP Logged

guesser, when I predict WBs in this challenge you setup, it's the 15 WBs I predict in MADDOG10's PB challenge minus the number of WBs you say that's inelligible. Good luck to everyone.

United States
                      Member #41383
                      June 16, 2006
                      1969 Posts
                      Posted: October 10, 2006, 11:44 pm - IP Logged

The entire point was to pick a few numbers along with a reason why you picked them.

United States
                        Member #41383
                        June 16, 2006
                        1969 Posts
                        Posted: October 12, 2006, 12:26 am - IP Logged

See - I was wrong.  #12 hit.

United States
                          Member #41383
                          June 16, 2006
                          1969 Posts
                          Posted: October 12, 2006, 11:13 pm - IP Logged

If anyone else would like to start and run a reverse challenge - go for it, I won't be offended.

Griffith, In
                            United States
                            Member #41637
                            June 20, 2006
                            266 Posts
                            Posted: October 12, 2006, 11:40 pm - IP Logged

If anyone else would like to start and run a reverse challenge - go for it, I won't be offended.

Damn Gusser!

Now you have something here..... but now that you have discovered the missing link that we all have been looking for (and you know they say oppisite attracts!), well  I hope that this will open all of our eyes in hopes to figuring out this great puzzle of ours.

You know when they had added those 2 extra numbers to this Powerball Game back then (like we needed them! LOL!) it hasn't gotten any better for any of us. but we are still trying to get it because we all want thee Powerball Grand Prize Payout!

Yes! i too admit it... it is thee financial freedom that I am seeking, just like those 2 million other guyz out there.

My hat goes off to you for this ..... if we or you can prove this missing link to be worth it.

Eddie (Maverick2842)

Thank you and have a prosperous day!

Maverick2842.......out!Party

United States
                              Member #41383
                              June 16, 2006
                              1969 Posts
                              Posted: October 13, 2006, 1:48 am - IP Logged

Those 2 extra numbers ? 

It's simple - don't play 50-51-52-53-54-55 in any games.

In the last 50 games, a number from the 50's has hit in 21 games, which means NO 50's have hit in 29 games. Play the odds.

In the last 50 games, 54 or 55 has hit 9 times.  Which again means neither has hit in 41 games.  Play the odds.

Moreover, in the last 15 games, a number from the 50's has hit 3, yes THREE times.   Which means none has hit in 12 games.   Odds......

Then again, of those 3 hits, 54 and 55 hit once each.   50 hit the other one.