Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 9:52 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery superstitions, do you have any?

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10390 Posts
Posted: October 9, 2006, 2:20 pm - IP Logged

Lets' discuss superstitions beyond number selection methods

There's a lot of threads about that, but talk about things like do you always play at the same place, do you have lucky pens or pencils you use just for your tickets, do you fill oit the slip even just to play a quick pick, do you keep your tickets under a green candle or leprechuan or something, those kind of things.

Wink

lotterybraker's avatar - pyramid
    mississippi
    United States
    Member #34478
    March 3, 2006
    5906 Posts
    Posted: October 9, 2006, 3:57 pm - IP Logged

I never write or play the devils number.."xxx" that is the only one I have..

"Attention all Mathematicians: Check your degree at the door because when it comes to whole numbers you are the Amateur"

kayee's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
      missouri
      United States
      Member #34763
      March 7, 2006
      756 Posts
      Posted: October 9, 2006, 4:04 pm - IP Logged

I never write or play the devils number.."xxx" that is the only one I have..

ROFL sorry LB, I couldn't resist.

I have no superstitions.

mississippi
        United States
        Member #34478
        March 3, 2006
        5906 Posts
        Posted: October 9, 2006, 4:05 pm - IP Logged

Kayee..Rub it in why dont you..LOL

"Attention all Mathematicians: Check your degree at the door because when it comes to whole numbers you are the Amateur"

kayee's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
          missouri
          United States
          Member #34763
          March 7, 2006
          756 Posts
          Posted: October 9, 2006, 4:06 pm - IP Logged

Kayee..Rub it in why dont you..LOL

I said I was sorry. hehe

mississippi
            United States
            Member #34478
            March 3, 2006
            5906 Posts
            Posted: October 9, 2006, 4:09 pm - IP Logged

you know I am just messing with you..

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
              Member #41383
              June 16, 2006
              1969 Posts
              Posted: October 9, 2006, 4:20 pm - IP Logged

Don't buy tickets until after 6 pm on draw night.

NC
                United States
                Member #46539
                September 13, 2006
                61 Posts
                Posted: October 9, 2006, 4:41 pm - IP Logged

I used to put my lottery tickets in my Bible.  Didn't work though.

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                  Mcminnville, Oregon
                  United States
                  Member #3013
                  December 13, 2003
                  3090 Posts
                  Posted: October 9, 2006, 5:53 pm - IP Logged

Lottery rules is what I have.  1.You can only buy lottery the day before or the day of the drawing.  2.You can only use black ink to print out your numbers on a playslip.  3.If you are going to get QP's still print out the playslip in case the lottery retailer is an idiot that can't operate a terminal.  4.If you buy lottery you must also purchase something else in the store or your ticket will be deemed unlucky.  5.Only use black ink pens that are lucky to fill out playslips.   6.You must protect your tickets at all times with a plastic protector that the state lotteries give the retailer for players use.  They are free so if you are charged for one complain to the state lottery that the lottery agent is ripping players off.  7.Always were tennis shoes or flip flops to buy lottery.  8.DO NOT LET ANY ONE TOUCH YOUR LOTTERY TICKETS ONCE YOU HAVE RECEIVED THEM FROM THE LOTTERY RETAILER.  They will lose their luckiness and you will be stuck with a loser.  Note-People can jinx your tickets and it does happen so do not fall into this hole.  They are envious of us.  They will stop at nothing to steal your lottery Mojo.  Please protect your Lottery Mojo.  Friends don't steal other Friends Lottery Mojo.  People steal other Peoples Lottery Mojo.  9.As always if you walk to the lottery retailer and you step on cracks in the side walk or walk under a ladder with your tickets or a black cat walks by you once while you have your lottery tickets or he or she does it a second time just as couple of seconds latter it is a glitch in the matrix.  Please consult your nearest Morphius.  10.If you at any time experience the feeling that you are low you should drink vegetable juice of any kind because you could be experiencing a slight reduction of your lottery karma.  Note-as always you are free to do what you want in your lottery life because it is your life and you must play your games in accordance of your own personal decisions at the time of purchase.  If you do not win please feel free to review my rules and remember it is just a game right?-weshar75

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                    Wandering Aimlessly
                    United States
                    Member #25360
                    November 5, 2005
                    4461 Posts
                    Posted: October 9, 2006, 6:04 pm - IP Logged

I'm just neurotic and obsessed, but can't think of anything I'd call a superstition, except the usual stuff like buying a "mistake" that gets printed.  Otherwise I buy tickets when it's convenient, usually at the supermarket or 7-11.  I'm not sure if I would call it a superstition, but if I have an extra dollar and think about getting a quick pick and someone cuts in front of me, I usually don't bother.  Of course I would be happy for anyone who wins a jackpot, but I wouldn't want to open up the paper and see his/her photo!  BTW, I rarely let that happen.  I'm becoming tougher in my old age.

Poke

Nancy /  Lottery line crasher.

My biggest superstition of all (more like a fear) is the one I've mentioned many times. As high as the odds are, I still am afraid to change my numbers after all these years of playing the same sets, even though every jackpot winner in FL wins with a quick pick.  2 quick picks won Saturday's $14M jackpot. Everytime I think about skipping a week and getting quick picks, I remember the look on my face after switching to some tech stocks in 2000. Sort of like this. Scared  Timing is everything, and since the lottery is supposed to be random, I guess my numbers are as good as any.

I also won't tell anyone what my 6 Lotto numbers are, even if they ask, and never show people my tickets.  I guess that's a superstition.  Like Weshar, I keep them in the little plastic lottery wallet and nobody touches them.

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
                      FEMA Region V Camp #21
                      United States
                      Member #520
                      July 27, 2002
                      5699 Posts
                      Posted: October 9, 2006, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

I used to put my lottery tickets in my Bible.  Didn't work though.

I used to put my tickets under my lucky troll doll Troll on the TV set.  Didn't help me either.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
                        FEMA Region V Camp #21
                        United States
                        Member #520
                        July 27, 2002
                        5699 Posts
                        Posted: October 9, 2006, 6:12 pm - IP Logged

HA!  weshar75, now those are some lottery rules to live by!  I've lost my lottery mojo, now I know what I've been doing wrong.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                          Wandering Aimlessly
                          United States
                          Member #25360
                          November 5, 2005
                          4461 Posts
                          Posted: October 9, 2006, 6:18 pm - IP Logged

"7.Always were tennis shoes or flip flops to buy lottery." 

Okay, Weshar75,  I just have to ask about this one!! 

" 3. If you are going to get QP's still print out the playslip in case the lottery retailer is an idiot that can't operate a terminal. " 

Good idea!!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                            Zeta Reticuli Star System
                            United States
                            Member #30470
                            January 17, 2006
                            10390 Posts
                            Posted: October 9, 2006, 7:14 pm - IP Logged

There was an article a few years ago in a tabloid that four jackpot winners in a row had drank orange juice wirhin an hour before playing their tickets.

What about people who go by the lucky colors for their zodiac sign and wear them when they play?

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                              Mcminnville, Oregon
                              United States
                              Member #3013
                              December 13, 2003
                              3090 Posts
                              Posted: October 9, 2006, 7:53 pm - IP Logged

"7.Always were tennis shoes or flip flops to buy lottery." 

Okay, Weshar75,  I just have to ask about this one!! 

" 3. If you are going to get QP's still print out the playslip in case the lottery retailer is an idiot that can't operate a terminal. " 

Good idea!!

If you can tell I was bored today.  It is my attempt at humor.  I only wear flip flops and tennis shoes year round.  Flip flops in good weather and tennis shoes in bad weather.-weshar75