Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:44 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Blog poll

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 10 years ago by JAP69.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Would you like the ability to delete from your blog?

yes [ 19 ]  [55.88%]
no [ 10 ]  [29.41%]
yes after a few months [ 5 ]  [14.71%]
Total Valid Votes [ 34 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 6 ]  
guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
Member #41383
June 16, 2006
1969 Posts
Posted: November 14, 2006, 12:23 am - IP Logged

I voted 'after a few months'.

I want to see folks' predictions, if they posted a prediction, then the game played, then they altered or deleted their prediction an hour later, that's not right.  I post thoughts and predictions on my blog here, but if you read it, that may be changing soon.

Some websites just have all blogs auto-delete after 60-90 days to save space and work, that I'd go for.

Some websites allow paying members postings to stay up as long as they pay the miniscule annual fee to be a member, and standard (freebie) members have stuff drop off after 60 days. Maybe that should be considered.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
    Member #41383
    June 16, 2006
    1969 Posts
    Posted: November 14, 2006, 12:33 am - IP Logged

I don't understand this poll.  I've written lots of things in my many years online that I would like to disappear forever and wish I could undo and clean up my past as well.  For example, I would like to go back and buy tech stocks in 1987 and sell them in March 2000. The past is the past.  Unless someone is under Federal Investigation, I don't know why he or she would be so concerned about cleaning up a blog history. In that case, I would change my identity and move to Cartagena.

Don't get me started on the Berkshire Hathaway stock I bought in 1982 and sold in 198N or I will shoot myself.

The upside is all the Oil stocks I bought in 1998 and made a killing on, but not as much as that damned BRK would have made me. 

And my best friend bought 1,000 shares of MSFT at the IPO in 1987 and sold it a year later to buy a damned set of home speakers for his stereo....... true story. 

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
      Member #5344
      June 30, 2004
      23641 Posts
      Posted: November 14, 2006, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

There are very few "Delete" buttons on Lottery Post by design.  There may well be people who rely on information you may consider unimportant, or perhaps people who may find it useful in the future.

In the rare case that someone posted something harmful or hurtful, I have always helped people out and manually deleted those things when they requested it.  But that's a lot different from what you're talking about, which is a delete function for whatever reason, including general cleanup, changing methods, "oops", or whatever.  For all that stuff, one man's trash in another man's treasure.

Do I understand this right.. if I go back to standard member, the blog will be cleaned up after a year? As long as I don't go Gold or Platiunum again, my blog will be cleaned up anything from a year back?

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
        Wandering Aimlessly
        United States
        Member #25360
        November 5, 2005
        4461 Posts
        Posted: November 19, 2006, 2:06 pm - IP Logged

Validity of polls might be a separate topic on a forum.  The reason I mention it is only because the poll results often don't match the comments.  Look at how many people chose "yes" and yet the majority of posters said they didn't want Todd to bother with the extra work, including me.  So my point is, to those members who cast a vote in a poll, please spend 30 seconds showing your "face" or making a short comment so we can get a fair & impartial result.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
          Tennessee
          United States
          Member #7853
          October 15, 2004
          11338 Posts
          Posted: November 25, 2006, 6:50 am - IP Logged

i think its kind of cool to be able to go back and see what was going on at a certain point in time.sure there are some gee why did i say or do that moments.like at the start of my blog it kind of reminds me of a small child just learning to walk but doesn't yet have his footing.then as the blog goes on the little child in me begins to discover the hang of things and then the training wheels come off and i'm finally able to do it.i know when this is read i'm going to look like a dumbass,lolROFL

JAP69's avatar - alas
            South Carolina
            United States
            Member #6
            November 4, 2001
            8790 Posts
            Posted: November 27, 2006, 7:29 pm - IP Logged

Do I understand this right.. if I go back to standard member, the blog will be cleaned up after a year? As long as I don't go Gold or Platiunum again, my blog will be cleaned up anything from a year back?

Todd made a posting on or about Oct 13 th stating that a change was made to the amount of blog views available to members.

As I understand it all blog views are viewable no matter what  the members membership level is.

WHATT