Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 12:02 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Local lottery chats

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 10 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Do you have local lottery chats

yes [ 6 ]  [12.77%]
no [ 26 ]  [55.32%]
would like too [ 15 ]  [31.91%]
Total Valid Votes [ 47 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
JAP69's avatar - alas
South Carolina
United States
Member #6
November 4, 2001
8797 Posts
Posted: October 15, 2006, 1:45 pm - IP Logged

Do you get together with your local lottery buddies and chat about numbers and systems?

Oo'Ka

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10392 Posts
    Posted: October 15, 2006, 1:54 pm - IP Logged

I'd rather do that here....I don't know anybody that hits anything worth mentioning. Being in the southern part of the Midwest even if I wanted to I'd have to put up with at least an hour of  bar-b-que place comparisons and recipes and stories about Mildred down the street, you know her, right? before the talk ever got to the lottery, if ever. 

Bang Head

Here at LP we can just log on and see lottolaughs latest pick 3 workout, what's up with systems, etc...

Wink

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
      Wandering Aimlessly
      United States
      Member #25360
      November 5, 2005
      4461 Posts
      Posted: October 15, 2006, 2:02 pm - IP Logged

I would like to be part of a pool. However, I know there can be trouble (been a subject here many times) I still would want my personal numbers to be kept out of the pool since I've been playing them for so long. (Selfish? maybe.) There are more chances of winning with 10 other people than alone.  Something is better than nothing.

Otherwise, I can't see why there would be a local chat.  I've struck up a conversation at the store when I've bought some tickets, but it usually is just to say "good luck" or "how have you done with those scratch-offs?"  Most people aren't really into all the things we discuss here...at least that's the impression I get. I hear "quickpick" a lot more than see someone playing a card.

So I guess my answer is "no!"  LOL  (but I would like to join a group)

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
        Charlotte NC
        United States
        Member #17406
        June 18, 2005
        4054 Posts
        Posted: October 15, 2006, 2:10 pm - IP Logged

My best lottery conversation is with a friend who went through the process of keeping records as long as I have and who knows the followers, patterns, trends, etc., can read the board and who use the same main system as I do. 

I go into the chat rooms to be in good company.  It's a fun social thing to me.  I like Yahoo Voice Chat because you can call each other computers and talk just like you'll on the phone for free or you can talk as a group.

takeemtothebank

Sunny California
          United States
          Member #40295
          May 31, 2006
          7713 Posts
          Posted: October 15, 2006, 4:03 pm - IP Logged

Wish I knew some locals who were interested in lottery but no such luck. Even my own family is bored by my lottery chatter. That's why I have all you folks here and am enjoying every minute!

Bryan's avatar - Lottery-002.jpg
            Mid-Missouri
            United States
            Member #644
            August 31, 2002
            4271 Posts
            Posted: October 15, 2006, 4:12 pm - IP Logged

I'm really kind of shocked that I am the only person I know (locally) that tries to beat the lottery by keeping data and such. Out of the 200 co-workers I work with there are about 5 hardcore lottery players. And by that I mean people that play more than once a week. But I have never personally met anyone that gets into the stats of the game. That is why I enjoy coming here. I just wish I could find some players locally that are like us. Someone to bounce new ideas off of and vice-versa. One of the terminal operators tried to hook me up with another local player who won a couple of nice pots to exchange ideas with only to find the other players method was picking one combo and playing it straight until it hit no matter how long that took. That's not exactly my cup of tea. I don't see the fun in that....

Maybe someday,

Bryan  :)

Canada
              Member #46720
              September 24, 2006
              59 Posts
              Posted: October 15, 2006, 6:55 pm - IP Logged

I on another Lottery Board Forum and we do talk also on MSN on times...

We do win, small wins but we win...And we share alot of info as well ...

L$M

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19903 Posts
                Posted: October 15, 2006, 10:39 pm - IP Logged

No, when it comes to playing the lottery, I don't have any buddies.  I've heard of two many court cases that involved a lottery winner and his so called lottery buddies.  Too many lottery buddies assume a winner of a large prize should share whether they shared the cost of his tickets or not.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                  Member #14
                  November 9, 2001
                  31553 Posts
                  Posted: October 15, 2006, 11:21 pm - IP Logged

I'd rather do that here....I don't know anybody that hits anything worth mentioning. Being in the southern part of the Midwest even if I wanted to I'd have to put up with at least an hour of  bar-b-que place comparisons and recipes and stories about Mildred down the street, you know her, right? before the talk ever got to the lottery, if ever. 

Bang Head

Here at LP we can just log on and see lottolaughs latest pick 3 workout, what's up with systems, etc...

Wink

too funny!  how IS Mildred?    Easter Bonnet

love to nibble those micey feet.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                    Member #41383
                    June 16, 2006
                    1969 Posts
                    Posted: October 16, 2006, 1:28 am - IP Logged

The only lottery club I will ever get into is one where there is a maximum of 3 other people, and all contribute between $10 and $20 per drawing.  Any more people than that and it's not worth it to me, any less dollars than that, same thing.

And I'd also have a written contract for all of us.   And I call all of the shots. 

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                      Zeta Reticuli Star System
                      United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      10392 Posts
                      Posted: October 17, 2006, 10:36 am - IP Logged

emily g

Mildred is just fine, never did get to talking lotto though.

Green laugh

guesser

From a lot of news items and "lottery horror stories" even a written contract doesn't always do the trick.  this kind of thing comes up"

"Well we'd all been playing every Wednesday and Saturday for a year and  I called in sick that day and darn it, they knew I would have kicked in the $ _ _ if they'd have asked....I want my share of the winnings!".

I know that's exactly the type thing the contract is intended to cover, but it seems they still get challenged. 

NASHVILLE, TENN
                        United States
                        Member #33372
                        February 20, 2006
                        1044 Posts
                        Posted: October 17, 2006, 9:27 pm - IP Logged

I tried that once, talking to others about the lottory.  I go to Waffle House every night.  After Tennessee got their lottory and I had been recording stats for a few months, I made the mistake of showing my work to a few.

That was two years ago and they are still laughing. 

So I went surfing the net and found LP.  Thank G-d for Todd and you all here. 

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                          Member #41383
                          June 16, 2006
                          1969 Posts
                          Posted: October 17, 2006, 9:30 pm - IP Logged

I tried that once, talking to others about the lottory.  I go to Waffle House every night.  After Tennessee got their lottory and I had been recording stats for a few months, I made the mistake of showing my work to a few.

That was two years ago and they are still laughing. 

So I went surfing the net and found LP.  Thank G-d for Todd and you all here. 

Those folks laugh because they think WE think we can pick winning numbers with stats, but what they don't know is the reason we keep stats is to just point us in one direction, or away from another.  We have enough common sense to realize what we are up against, the randomness of it all....

IMO, of course. 

JAP69's avatar - alas
                            South Carolina
                            United States
                            Member #6
                            November 4, 2001
                            8797 Posts
                            Posted: October 17, 2006, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

Those folks laugh because they think WE think we can pick winning numbers with stats, but what they don't know is the reason we keep stats is to just point us in one direction, or away from another.  We have enough common sense to realize what we are up against, the randomness of it all....

IMO, of course. 

And the LAUGHERS are probably the ones out there buying lottery manuals when they come out.
                            Horoscope books, Uncle Joes picks, The weekly pick mag etc.

I might just as well find out the info for weekly publications and publish a weekly pamphlet for S.C.

cost $2.99 a week.

Run them out to the stores once a week and set home the other 6 days. I would make sure they are behind the counter as I have seen lottery players thumbing thru lottery mags at the counters looking for the info and then set the mag back on the rack.

Oo'Ka

JackpotWanna's avatar - squiz

United States
                              Member #4121
                              March 23, 2004
                              817 Posts
                              Posted: November 15, 2006, 9:06 am - IP Logged

I think local lottery chats are very risky.  If you win big someday, you have no way to hide.  Everybody knows your workplace and where you live.