Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 8:10 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Tip For Any System Used

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 10 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Fibonacci's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
New York, NY
United States
Member #39471
May 16, 2006
2696 Posts
Posted: October 25, 2006, 8:36 am - IP Logged

Call it the Fibonacci Rule if you want: 

Any system* used will sooner or later produce winning hits. Therefore the key is make your system churn out as few possible hits as possible per draw and then be consistent and stick with the system.

You must stay ahead of the game. 

$$$

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
    Member #41383
    June 16, 2006
    1969 Posts
    Posted: October 25, 2006, 11:46 am - IP Logged

Rule #2:

If you have a 'system' you like, resist all temptation to deviate from it.  As soon as you change, your 'former system' will hit. 

floridian's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing

United States
      Member #45802
      August 28, 2006
      335 Posts
      Posted: October 25, 2006, 1:22 pm - IP Logged

Rule #2:

If you have a 'system' you like, resist all temptation to deviate from it.  As soon as you change, your 'former system' will hit. 

Systemantics:  A Closer Look

The Fundamental Theorem:

New systems generate new problems 

The Corollary:

Systems should not be unnecessarily multiplied

The operational fallacy:

The system itself does not do what it says it is doing.

15th Law of Systemantics:

A complex system that works is invariably found to have evolved from a simple system that works even better.

Now the 16th Law

A complex system designed from scratch never works and cannot be patched up to make it work.  You have to start over, beginning with a working simple system.

My friends Law:

Complex systems tend to oppose their own proper function.

Some other Laws of Merit about systems:

The one who least wants to use the system will unvariably be the big winner.

All things being equal, you lose.

All things being in your favor, you still lose.

Win or lose, you lose.

All probabilities are 50%.  Either they will happen or they won't.

It is a simple task to make a system complex, but a complex task to make a system simple.

Honorary mention about systems:

Hindsight is an exact science.

A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.

When in trouble, obfuscate.

An expert on the system is anyone out of town.

Finally, Floridian's thoughts on  systems and the Lottery:

After you have picked number after number and your luck goes from bad to worse, do not despair, the cycle will repeat itself.

Nature always sides with the hidden flaw in systems.

In addition, the hidden flaw never remains hidden.

When the going gets tough, everyone leaves.

Complex systems gone wrong always have easy-to-understand wrong answers.

Opportunity to pick a winner always knocks at the least opportune moment.

When you knock on wood for luck is when you discover that the world is made of plastic, mdf and aluminum.

Things equal to nothing else are equal to each other.

Final thought :

Everything depends, nothing is always and everything is sometimes.

Good luck

Floridian

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19830 Posts
        Posted: October 25, 2006, 1:28 pm - IP Logged

Call it the Fibonacci Rule if you want: 

Any system* used will sooner or later produce winning hits. Therefore the key is make your system churn out as few possible hits as possible per draw and then be consistent and stick with the system.

You must stay ahead of the game. 

I agree I Agree! and proof is the QuickPick system* which is totally random but picks 70% of the jackpot winners.  The question is "How many combinations must a system* pick before it's likely to pick a winner?".  From what I've read the QP system* usually pick a winner when it has picked about 50% or more of the possible combinations and for the lower tier prizes it matches the odds.  Once in a while someone using that system hits the jackpot when less than 50% of the possible combinations have been sold.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
          Member #45802
          August 28, 2006
          335 Posts
          Posted: October 25, 2006, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

I agree I Agree! and proof is the QuickPick system* which is totally random but picks 70% of the jackpot winners.  The question is "How many combinations must a system* pick before it's likely to pick a winner?".  From what I've read the QP system* usually pick a winner when it has picked about 50% or more of the possible combinations and for the lower tier prizes it matches the odds.  Once in a while someone using that system hits the jackpot when less than 50% of the possible combinations have been sold.

Well lets see:

The Florida Lottery is about 24 million to one.  So If I buy about 16.8 million tickets as quick picks,  I should on a good day, maybe hit.  However, each quick pick is still 24 million to one.

I have now gained a great deal of confidence, now all I have to do is come up with $16.8 million.

Floridian 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19830 Posts
            Posted: October 25, 2006, 1:42 pm - IP Logged

Well lets see:

The Florida Lottery is about 24 million to one.  So If I buy about 16.8 million tickets as quick picks,  I should on a good day, maybe hit.  However, each quick pick is still 24 million to one.

I have now gained a great deal of confidence, now all I have to do is come up with $16.8 million.

Floridian 

No, 12 million tickets should do it if you're lucky, but make sure you don't buy the same combination twice and the cash value of the jackpot is enough to cover the price of the tickets.

Evil Looking       

United States
              Member #45802
              August 28, 2006
              335 Posts
              Posted: October 25, 2006, 1:46 pm - IP Logged

No, 12 million tickets should do it if you're lucky, but make sure you don't buy the same combination twice and the cash value of the jackpot is enough to cover the price of the tickets.

Man!

You are good.  You saved me $4.8 million dollars by just posting.  What a guy.  And all I have to do is check just 12 million tickets for dupes.  Alllll right!!

Floridian

Snakeyes's avatar - 8579390479 65f71643cf_m.jpg
                Cleveland, Ohio
                United States
                Member #11445
                February 13, 2005
                1303 Posts
                Posted: October 25, 2006, 2:03 pm - IP Logged

"15th Law of Systemantics:

A complex system that works is invariably found to have evolved from a simple system that works even better."

Is that not the truth!

Spend all day churning out numbers......grandma's observation of a license plate will win.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19830 Posts
                  Posted: October 25, 2006, 2:08 pm - IP Logged

floridian, 

You are welcome, I do what I can to help.  Money saved is almost like money earned, don't spend it foolishly.

RJOh

New York, NY
                    United States
                    Member #39471
                    May 16, 2006
                    2696 Posts
                    Posted: October 25, 2006, 2:56 pm - IP Logged

Rule #2:

This is so true. I have a simple 11 number per draw system for the P3--it 100% of the times gives at least 1 straight per month...enough to earn a small profit every month. Whenever I find the lag goinbg for too long and stop playing the system for a few days..the day I check is the day it hits...

Hey this thread is getting to be better than I expected what with all these great rules and theorems...

$$$

New York, NY
                      United States
                      Member #39471
                      May 16, 2006
                      2696 Posts
                      Posted: October 25, 2006, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

Well lets see:

Floridian 

The Quick Pick Law of Diminishing Luck 

The more QP you buy the more your chances of duplicating numbers and reducing yr chances of hitting...

The Lucky QP is the sole QP you buy. 

Stop

$$$

NY
                        United States
                        Member #23835
                        October 16, 2005
                        3474 Posts
                        Posted: October 27, 2006, 11:35 am - IP Logged

I think you've failed to account for the QP's that are sold for drawings that don't produce a winner. QPs don't typically produce a winner when half of the combinations have been played. QP's produce a winner when enough have been sold to cover the odds. For PB there's about 1 winning QP  for every 145 million, and for MM there's about 1 winning QP  for every 176 million. Typically, a lot of those QP's are sold in the drawings that produce no winners.

California
                          United States
                          Member #46824
                          October 1, 2006
                          270 Posts
                          Posted: October 27, 2006, 12:06 pm - IP Logged

RJOH...tell me where you read that the QP system usually picks a winner when it has picked about 50% of the possible combinations.  If that were the case a MM draw would have had to sell an astronomical amount of tickets.

Let's review the last MM winner (October 17th for $55m) which was won by a quick pick.  There were $18,325,611 tickets sold for that draw.  If 70% were quick picks (a good number) that means there were 12.8 million or so quick picks for this draw.  Based upon odds of 1:175M, there was less then a 10% chance of hitting, but it hit.

Let's review a big MM jackpot won by a quick pick (September 15th for $168m).  Tickets sold for that draw were 48,490,359.  Quick picks at 70% would have been almost 34 million tickets.  That is less then 20% of the total numbers possible and it hit.

It is truly random!!

NY
                            United States
                            Member #23835
                            October 16, 2005
                            3474 Posts
                            Posted: October 28, 2006, 12:58 am - IP Logged

RJOH...tell me where you read that the QP system usually picks a winner when it has picked about 50% of the possible combinations.  If that were the case a MM draw would have had to sell an astronomical amount of tickets.

Let's review the last MM winner (October 17th for $55m) which was won by a quick pick.  There were $18,325,611 tickets sold for that draw.  If 70% were quick picks (a good number) that means there were 12.8 million or so quick picks for this draw.  Based upon odds of 1:175M, there was less then a 10% chance of hitting, but it hit.

Let's review a big MM jackpot won by a quick pick (September 15th for $168m).  Tickets sold for that draw were 48,490,359.  Quick picks at 70% would have been almost 34 million tickets.  That is less then 20% of the total numbers possible and it hit.

It is truly random!!

The previous drawings that didn't produce any winners also have to be counted when figuring out how many tickets are sold to produce a winner. The 10/17 winner was the result of sales of about  107 million tickets, give or take. If the annuity prize was 55 million the cash prize was about 32 million. At 30 cents from each ticket that would take sales of about 107 million tickets.

For the 9/15 drawing there would have been total ticket sales of about  315 million tickets, or enough to cover nearly 180% of the possible combinations.

Which numbers win is random. The number of tickets that are sold to produce a winner is only random for the individual drawings.  Over the long term it predictably follows the laws of probability.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19830 Posts
                              Posted: October 28, 2006, 11:33 am - IP Logged

CA LotteryGuy writes:

Sorry I don't remember where I read that but if you compare overall ticket sales with the total numbers of QP winners the numbers would be even higher.  I don't depute that the winning numbers are random but I was talking about systems used by players trying to predict the winning combinations.  Obviously a player using a system doesn't expect to play every possible combinations to win, if he did he would just buy a few QPs and be done with it.

Evil Looking