Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 12:47 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Maddogs Powerball Challenge 10/28

Topic closed. 29 replies. Last post 10 years ago by ayenowitall.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Raven62's avatar - binary
New Jersey
United States
Member #17843
June 28, 2005
51178 Posts
Posted: October 29, 2006, 3:35 am - IP Logged

10/28 Results=14-22-30-38-41 PB-12 (Power Play=5)

3 Players Matched 5+0:
- 1 from Kentucky
- 1 from Minnesota
- 1 from South Carolina

5+1 000,000+(000,000 with Power Play)=000,000 $83,000,000
5+0 000,003+(000,000 with Power Play)=000,003 $200,000
4+1 000,037+(000,009 with Power Play)=000,046 $10,000/$50,000
4+0 001,606+(000,320 with Power Play)=001,926 $100/$500
3+1 001,376+(000,290 with Power Play)=001,666 $100/$500
3+0 056,081+(012,467 with Power Play)=068,548 $7/$35
2+1 022,651+(005,036 with Power Play)=027,687 $7/$35
1+1 134,861+(031,096 with Power Play)=165,957 $4/$20
0+1 252,706+(060,404 with Power Play)=313,110 $3/$15
======================================
Tot 469,321+(109,622 with Power Play)=578,943

Jackpot Rolled to $93,000,000 for the 11/01 Drawing!

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
    Beautiful Florida
    United States
    Member #5709
    July 18, 2004
    20246 Posts
    Posted: October 29, 2006, 7:17 am - IP Logged

Powerball results 10/28:    14-22-30-38-41  +  12

Konane                      3+0

Bitrunner                    3+0

Rjoh                          3+0

Raven62                     3+0

Maddog                       1+1

Ayenowitall                  0+1

Congrats to Konane,Bitrunner,Rjoh,Raven62,Maddog and Ayenowitall.

Thanks to all the players and to Raven for the breakdown.

Jackpot is now      $$  93  Million  $$

" You can not control the Wind, but you can direct the Sail "

NY
      United States
      Member #16556
      June 1, 2005
      1053 Posts
      Posted: October 29, 2006, 8:13 am - IP Logged

VERY NICE bunch of hits congrats Party

konane's avatar - wallace
        Atlanta, GA
        United States
        Member #1265
        March 13, 2003
        3351 Posts
        Posted: October 29, 2006, 8:28 am - IP Logged

Congratulations to all the many winners tonight!!  WTG!!!  We did really well and hope anyone who played for $$$$ won lots more back!!  Party

Good luck to everyone!

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
          Member #91
          January 19, 2002
          12013 Posts
          Posted: October 29, 2006, 8:41 am - IP Logged

WTG....Nice picks.....good jober everyone!!!

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

Raven62's avatar - binary
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #17843
            June 28, 2005
            51178 Posts
            Posted: October 29, 2006, 8:48 am - IP Logged

Powerball results 10/28:    14-22-30-38-41  +  12

Konane                      3+0

Bitrunner                    3+0

Rjoh                          3+0

Raven62                     3+0

Maddog                       1+1

Ayenowitall                  0+1

Congrats to Konane,Bitrunner,Rjoh,Raven62,Maddog and Ayenowitall.

Thanks to all the players and to Raven for the breakdown.

Jackpot is now      $$  93  Million  $$

Congrats to All the Winners!

Thank You for All the Congrats!

Thank You to Maddog for Hosting the Jackpot Challenges!

ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
              Member #4416
              April 22, 2004
              1075 Posts
              Posted: October 29, 2006, 9:57 am - IP Logged

I only had the right PowerBall number on one line, so I cashed for $3.00 . I lost money overall though. The 12 ball was my second best selection. Maybe if I had thrown out the 1 as unlikely to repeat, I could have gone with the 12 on all my lines. Of course, hindsight is always 20/20...lol. I'd like to come up with a way to zero in on the one right PowerBall number. I could make quite a bit of money with consistent 2 to 1 wins.

I hope the rest of you made some real money with your number selections.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19901 Posts
                Posted: October 29, 2006, 10:13 am - IP Logged

I didn't actually play the PB, but I posted on the prediction board the combinations I would have played had I made the trip to Indiana to buy tickets.  In the past I've  only made the trip when the jackpot was over $180M and $80M more than the MM jackpot since I can play MM locally.  I got a 1+1 for $4 on the prediction board but I was using 42WB and 10PB.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                  Member #4416
                  April 22, 2004
                  1075 Posts
                  Posted: October 29, 2006, 10:29 am - IP Logged

I didn't actually play the PB, but I posted on the prediction board the combinations I would have played had I made the trip to Indiana to buy tickets.  In the past I've  only made the trip when the jackpot was over $180M and $80M more than the MM jackpot since I can play MM locally.  I got a 1+1 for $4 on the prediction board but I was using 42WB and 10PB.

I should have just played on the prediction board. I'd still have all my money if I'd done that, but I'd be absolutely sick if I ever posted the right numbers and didn't really play them. You're a braver man than I am.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19901 Posts
                    Posted: October 29, 2006, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

I should have just played on the prediction board. I'd still have all my money if I'd done that, but I'd be absolutely sick if I ever posted the right numbers and didn't really play them. You're a braver man than I am.

Friday night I posted my picks for MM and actually played them.  I matched 3+0 for $7 on the board and for real.  If I ever post the winning numbers and didn't play them I would just figure my system is working and if it worked once, it will work again.  Besides, posting the winning numbers on the prediction board would give me some bragging rights.

Evil Looking       

United States
                      Member #4416
                      April 22, 2004
                      1075 Posts
                      Posted: October 29, 2006, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

Friday night I posted my picks for MM and actually played them.  I matched 3+0 for $7 on the board and for real.  If I ever post the winning numbers and didn't play them I would just figure my system is working and if it worked once, it will work again.  Besides, posting the winning numbers on the prediction board would give me some bragging rights.

You've got a lot more faith in systems than I do. I don't think lottery prediction with any system is quite enough of a science to come up with multiple jackpot winning combinations within a reasonable amount of time. The system I'm currently working with has definitely helped me do better with the secondary prizes in Win For Life, and I have realistic hopes that it will get me a top prize win in the not-too-distant future. When that happens, I'll consider myself lucky. And if I can ever even get close again, I'll consider myself to be extremely lucky... and that's just a 6/42 game for the top prize. I haven't come up with anything that bears any degree of consistency for the PowerBall game. Every system I've used seems to break down under the astronomical odds and the dual matrices. I figure coming up with the winning jackpot combination against odds of over 146,000,000 to 1 has got to involve quite a bit of cooperation from Lady Luck, and she just doesn't smile like that very often. I wouldn't count on such an event repeating with any system for playing the giant jackpot games. As I said, you're a braver man than I am. You also must have far better prediction skills than I do. But I'm all about the really when it comes to jackpot play. You can have the bragging rights, and I'll take the cash from winning tickets. Which one do you suppose will buy more?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19901 Posts
                        Posted: October 29, 2006, 5:27 pm - IP Logged

ayenowitall,

Any system if allowed to pick enough combinations will get close to picking the winning combination.  When Ohio had a 6/49 lottery and I allowed my system to pick 50 combinations, it would pick a 5of6 five percent of the time except when I played all 50 combinations.  The one time I actually hit a 5of6 I only played 10 lines.  I would prefer cash if I predicted the winning numbers for a lottery but if I don't play them, bragging rights is all I'll get and I only get that if I predicted them on the board.  I'm not the only LP member that really try to predict winning numbers for lotteries I can't play, I do it to test my system which is a work in progress.  I only predict numbers for lotteries in states I may have a chance to play when I travel.

Evil Looking       

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                          Member #41383
                          June 16, 2006
                          1969 Posts
                          Posted: October 29, 2006, 9:20 pm - IP Logged

I only had the right PowerBall number on one line, so I cashed for $3.00 . I lost money overall though. The 12 ball was my second best selection. Maybe if I had thrown out the 1 as unlikely to repeat, I could have gone with the 12 on all my lines. Of course, hindsight is always 20/20...lol. I'd like to come up with a way to zero in on the one right PowerBall number. I could make quite a bit of money with consistent 2 to 1 wins.

I hope the rest of you made some real money with your number selections.

Yeah, I keep wondering about this trend of PB numbers from 1-24 hitting so much, not a lot hit higher than #24.

Kinda like WB's from the 50's......

geos*5666!'s avatar - Lottery-018.jpg
                            Riverside, Ca.
                            United States
                            Member #18916
                            July 22, 2005
                            1852 Posts
                            Posted: October 29, 2006, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

Congratulations To All The Winners.......WTG!!!

United States
                              Member #4416
                              April 22, 2004
                              1075 Posts
                              Posted: October 31, 2006, 5:44 am - IP Logged

ayenowitall,

Any system if allowed to pick enough combinations will get close to picking the winning combination.  When Ohio had a 6/49 lottery and I allowed my system to pick 50 combinations, it would pick a 5of6 five percent of the time except when I played all 50 combinations.  The one time I actually hit a 5of6 I only played 10 lines.  I would prefer cash if I predicted the winning numbers for a lottery but if I don't play them, bragging rights is all I'll get and I only get that if I predicted them on the board.  I'm not the only LP member that really try to predict winning numbers for lotteries I can't play, I do it to test my system which is a work in progress.  I only predict numbers for lotteries in states I may have a chance to play when I travel.

Actually, I thought we were talking about backing up a winning jackpot combination with a repeat.

In a 6/49 game, the odds of catching 5of6 are something like 1 in 55,000. If you had a system that would hit 5of6 five pecent of the time using fifty combinations per draw, that sounds like you drastically reduced the odds of catching a 5of6 hit to 1 in 1000. (That would be a 5of6 hit every twenty draws or ten weeks if drawn twice weekly.) Including the lower tier secondary prizes along with the 5of6 hits, that would definitely be a money maker. I'd gladly put down $50 per draw if I had such a system. If a player could consistently get that close to a jackpot win, hitting the jackpot itself would be a very realsitic expectation. Even repeating a jackpot win would not be unrealistic with system that would reduce the odds so dramatically.

By the way, I've only hit 5of6 once for $1000 in my lottery playing career. That was with a $5 QP on the old Lotto Kentucky.