Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Heart Skipped A Beat

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 10 years ago by charh20.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
justxploring's avatar - villiarna
Wandering Aimlessly
United States
Member #25360
November 5, 2005
4461 Posts
Posted: November 1, 2006, 12:31 am - IP Logged

Everything is falling apart - literally!  Car engine died.  Tooth is throbbing.  Medical bills are piling.  Rent is going up.  A million $$$ would really come in handy (even a few thousand.)

Tonight I checked the 2 QPs I bought for FL MegaMoney and saw that one person won $2M. I glanced quickly and saw some of my numbers. My heart started to race.  I grabbed my 2 tickets and sat back down at my computer. I only had 2 numbers (won $4.50)  So at least I got my money back and a loaf of bread.

There was one very brief moment when I thought "OMG, this is it!!"  Has that ever happened to you?

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
    Member #14
    November 9, 2001
    31347 Posts
    Posted: November 1, 2006, 12:36 am - IP Logged

Everything is falling apart - literally!  Car engine died.  Tooth is throbbing.  Medical bills are piling.  Rent is going up.  A million $$$ would really come in handy (even a few thousand.)

Tonight I checked the 2 QPs I bought for FL MegaMoney and saw that one person won $2M. I glanced quickly and saw some of my numbers. My heart started to race.  I grabbed my 2 tickets and sat back down at my computer. I only had 2 numbers (won $4.50)  So at least I got my money back and a loaf of bread.

There was one very brief moment when I thought "OMG, this is it!!"  Has that ever happened to you?

yep!  happened to me on ga. fantasy five - first 4 numbers and then it died.

love to nibble those micey feet.

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
      Mcminnville, Oregon
      United States
      Member #3013
      December 13, 2003
      3047 Posts
      Posted: November 1, 2006, 12:39 am - IP Logged

I usually get excited when I see the Oregon Megabucks has a winner and I have a ticket to that drawing.  But then I get knocked down when I have matched 3 numbers or less.  It sure is fun though to think what if before you get brought back to reality by those dam tickets.-weshar75

Wandering Aimlessly
        United States
        Member #25360
        November 5, 2005
        4461 Posts
        Posted: November 1, 2006, 12:40 am - IP Logged

yep!  happened to me on ga. fantasy five - first 4 numbers and then it died.

What does 4 out of 5 pay?  In FL it averages around $100-$150.

United States
          Member #14
          November 9, 2001
          31347 Posts
          Posted: November 1, 2006, 12:43 am - IP Logged

What does 4 out of 5 pay?  In FL it averages around $100-$150.

same here - depends on sales.

charh20's avatar - ICONATOR be3777802402ed40fe6d8770cf33207f.gif
            Winchester, Kentucky
            United States
            Member #42711
            July 7, 2006
            1201 Posts
            Posted: November 1, 2006, 12:47 am - IP Logged

Yeap.....lol......one Saturday morning my husband went to the little store to get him a cup of coffee and a 2.00 scratch off.  All of a sudden in the living room you could hear him yelling and going nuts,,,,,,,going from room to room waking up everyon and telling us that he had won $100,000.....

Got the kids out of bed,,,,,Now this is an event  because I have teenagers and to get them out of the bed on a Saturday morning is really something else to see,,,,,

Anyway,,,,,,My son was already planning his portion of his winnings on his first truck and was trying to look at the ticket when my husband sat down in his chair and looked like someone shot him......he had read the ticket wrong.  Something about the ticket he had that said "winning pair" "and beat the dealer"......It was a moment....

Everyone just turned around and went back to bed,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,and left him sitting there,,,,,,,lol

Sooooooo dont feel so bad justxploring...things WILL get better...They really will....Things tend to go in cycles,,,,and you will come out of this soon....If you only knew my life....lol

Hang in there...

Charh20

Wandering Aimlessly
              United States
              Member #25360
              November 5, 2005
              4461 Posts
              Posted: November 1, 2006, 1:03 am - IP Logged

Thanks, Charh20.  I am picturing the whole scene at your house with the teenagers.

I'm usually not the type to feel sorry for myself (well, maybe just a little) but everything is happening at once. The serious life-threatening problems I can deal with, it's the crap that I can't tolerate. For example, my car really did "die" again after getting service last week and I was towed (the AAA driver must think I have the hots for him) but this time I was told the engine needs to be replaced for over $3,500.  The dealer is really trying to help, but the factory won't honor the 100K warranty and is using every excuse to get out of it. I just started a new project for work and am missing too much time running around town, so I think that's what the factories hope will happen - we'll just give up trying.  So if you see a 55 year old blond lady on the news with picket signs and the headline "Naples, FL - Woman chains herself to dealership fence." That'll be yours truly.  Wonder if they have good toilet paper in the Collier Country jail?

charh20's avatar - ICONATOR be3777802402ed40fe6d8770cf33207f.gif
                Winchester, Kentucky
                United States
                Member #42711
                July 7, 2006
                1201 Posts
                Posted: November 1, 2006, 1:08 am - IP Logged

LOL.....

Make them fix your car,,,,,,,,the ass #%&*@,,,,,,

stay on them....LOL

Bryan's avatar - Lottery-002.jpg
                  Mid-Missouri
                  United States
                  Member #644
                  August 31, 2002
                  4271 Posts
                  Posted: November 1, 2006, 2:09 am - IP Logged

I started to get the shakes the first time I got 4 out of 5 on Showme5. It was very exciting, I thought I had the whole thing and I almost did. The number I missed was off by one digit.

But what you got me thinking about was when I went to a riverboat and just sit down at the very first slot machine I could find open. It was a busy night and a little boat. I knew nothing about the machine. I put in some money and spun the wheel for the very first time and the first dial said "Jackpot" the second dial said "Jackpot" and the 3rd and final dial said "Jackpot". I started getting all excited sliding my arm back and forth by my side in a, "I got this motion" and saying yeah, yeah!!!! The woman beside me was staring at me intently trying to see what I hit and then stared blankly at me when the counter counted 10 credits to my favor. Wondering what happened I look up at the front panel of the machine to see that the game it's self was called "Jackpot". All the figures on the wheel said Jackpot. You had to line them up a certain way to get the real Jackpot. I was so embarrassed! I turned around to see the woman still staring at me. I finally turned to her and said, Wow!, What an exciting game! She finally turned back around, got all of her stuff and left. She probably thought if I got that excited about 10 points, I would most certainly go into some kind of seizure and flop around on the floor if I hit the real Jackpot and she didn't want any part of that. Big Grin

It was so embarrassing then, but it is funny now. Green laugh

Wandering Aimlessly
                    United States
                    Member #25360
                    November 5, 2005
                    4461 Posts
                    Posted: November 1, 2006, 2:12 am - IP Logged

Don't feel embarrassed, Bryan.  Sometimes I root for the money as it comes out of the ATM!

United States
                      Member #14
                      November 9, 2001
                      31347 Posts
                      Posted: November 1, 2006, 2:25 am - IP Logged

you guys are cracking me up.  this time change has messed with my sleep rhythm -  rather blame it on the time change than old age.

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
                        Member #2338
                        September 17, 2003
                        2063 Posts
                        Posted: November 1, 2006, 2:54 am - IP Logged

Clearly I'm much better at loosing then most here. I have never mistaken my tickets for winners. But I also don't come close either.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                          Zeta Reticuli Star System
                          United States
                          Member #30470
                          January 17, 2006
                          10350 Posts
                          Posted: November 1, 2006, 10:55 am - IP Logged

I've had two of these close ones, had 5 of 6 in the California Lottery, and had 4 of 6 in an $111,000,000 Powerball drawing. 

These were both before the internet and I was checking the numbers the next morning in the Suday paper.

United States
                            Member #26330
                            November 16, 2005
                            330 Posts
                            Posted: November 1, 2006, 2:41 pm - IP Logged

Don't let the little things get you down justxploring.  I know it's the "little" day to day problems that add up and can be a pain.  But think of the wonderfull story you will have to tell the lottery people when your standing in front of the camera's with a big check in your hands!!   If you need to vent you can PM me and I will be glad to listen.

Yes I have had that "heart skipped a beat" moment.  I bought some MegaMillions tickets while traveling thru Georgia and when I checked on the interent the winning ticket was sold in GA.  Unfortunatly it was further down state but man what a RUSH! I can't imagine what it will be like when I REALLY win the big one. At least that's the dream I have to get me thru the day to day drudgery.

Snakeyes's avatar - 8579390479 65f71643cf_m.jpg
                              Cleveland, Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #11445
                              February 13, 2005
                              1303 Posts
                              Posted: November 1, 2006, 3:01 pm - IP Logged

Thanks, Charh20.  I am picturing the whole scene at your house with the teenagers.

I'm usually not the type to feel sorry for myself (well, maybe just a little) but everything is happening at once. The serious life-threatening problems I can deal with, it's the crap that I can't tolerate. For example, my car really did "die" again after getting service last week and I was towed (the AAA driver must think I have the hots for him) but this time I was told the engine needs to be replaced for over $3,500.  The dealer is really trying to help, but the factory won't honor the 100K warranty and is using every excuse to get out of it. I just started a new project for work and am missing too much time running around town, so I think that's what the factories hope will happen - we'll just give up trying.  So if you see a 55 year old blond lady on the news with picket signs and the headline "Naples, FL - Woman chains herself to dealership fence." That'll be yours truly.  Wonder if they have good toilet paper in the Collier Country jail?

justxploring,

I really am sorry to hear of your misfortunes and hope things start to get better soon; karma will make sure of it.

As for your car troubles, try this:

Forget about working the issue with the dealer. Take this to the top of the organization. Call or write a letter to the CEO demanding his or her involvement. They do not want bad publicity and if you eloquantly suggest bad publicity in your letter / conversation, they will step in to solve the issue. I did it with a plasma t.v. I bought from Circuit City and it worked out great.

The only way they can NOT honor the drivetrain warranty is if they can prove you did not perform scheduled maintainence Ie: oil changes, coolant flush, spark plugs, etc.  

If you get nowhere with this, the headline should read "Naples FL- Woman chains herself to desk of automakers CEO. Stated he had two choices; fix her car or become her chauffer." New licence plate on CEO car reads JsXplorinG.

Tryin' to make you smile,

Snakeyes