Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 4:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Heart Skipped A Beat

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 10 years ago by charh20.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23274 Posts
Posted: November 1, 2006, 3:15 pm - IP Logged

Want to know the last time my heart skipped a beat playing the lottery?  April 22, 2005.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/111624

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Snakeyes's avatar - 8579390479 65f71643cf_m.jpg
    Cleveland, Ohio
    United States
    Member #11445
    February 13, 2005
    1303 Posts
    Posted: November 1, 2006, 3:26 pm - IP Logged

Want to know the last time my heart skipped a beat playing the lottery?  April 22, 2005.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/111624

Ouch. My heart would have stopped beating if that was my ticket.

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
      PA
      United States
      Member #22983
      October 6, 2005
      2226 Posts
      Posted: November 1, 2006, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

Yes, When I matched 3+1 on the powerball, and got 4 of 6 on LFL 6 times so far. Last time was when I finally hit the Big 4 straight and boxed. I finally got to see what it was like to keep checking the ticket over 100 times, and date of the draw thinking there "had to be some mistake." Can't wait for that feeling for the big jackpot.

duckman's avatar - ducklogodrake64x64
        Jacksonville Florida
        United States
        Member #23018
        October 6, 2005
        918 Posts
        Posted: November 1, 2006, 7:22 pm - IP Logged

Regarding your car warranty problem:

Was your warranty with the car manufacturer (Ford, Dodge, etc) or was it with a third party warranty company? Was it the original factory warranty?

What was the reason given as to why they will not honor the warranty?

Toney725's avatar - speedykat
          Stone Mountain, GA
          United States
          Member #3189
          January 1, 2004
          28260 Posts
          Posted: November 2, 2006, 2:15 pm - IP Logged

Thanks, Charh20.  I am picturing the whole scene at your house with the teenagers.

I'm usually not the type to feel sorry for myself (well, maybe just a little) but everything is happening at once. The serious life-threatening problems I can deal with, it's the crap that I can't tolerate. For example, my car really did "die" again after getting service last week and I was towed (the AAA driver must think I have the hots for him) but this time I was told the engine needs to be replaced for over $3,500.  The dealer is really trying to help, but the factory won't honor the 100K warranty and is using every excuse to get out of it. I just started a new project for work and am missing too much time running around town, so I think that's what the factories hope will happen - we'll just give up trying.  So if you see a 55 year old blond lady on the news with picket signs and the headline "Naples, FL - Woman chains herself to dealership fence." That'll be yours truly.  Wonder if they have good toilet paper in the Collier Country jail?

Justxporing;

When I had trouble with my Eclipse and the dealer said that the company weren't going to honor the warranty without proof that I had kept the maintenance up on the car, I told him that I would be right back.  I went home (5 miles from the dealership), brought back my folder where I had every oil change receipt, maintenance receipt, new tires receipt and told them to fax it all to the warranty office.  By the time they got page 25, they called the dealer to tell them to quit and to fix my car. 

If you have most, if not all of your paperwork, fax it to them to show proof of maintenance. 

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
            Member #14
            November 9, 2001
            31361 Posts
            Posted: November 4, 2006, 10:51 pm - IP Logged

Thanks, Charh20.  I am picturing the whole scene at your house with the teenagers.

I'm usually not the type to feel sorry for myself (well, maybe just a little) but everything is happening at once. The serious life-threatening problems I can deal with, it's the crap that I can't tolerate. For example, my car really did "die" again after getting service last week and I was towed (the AAA driver must think I have the hots for him) but this time I was told the engine needs to be replaced for over $3,500.  The dealer is really trying to help, but the factory won't honor the 100K warranty and is using every excuse to get out of it. I just started a new project for work and am missing too much time running around town, so I think that's what the factories hope will happen - we'll just give up trying.  So if you see a 55 year old blond lady on the news with picket signs and the headline "Naples, FL - Woman chains herself to dealership fence." That'll be yours truly.  Wonder if they have good toilet paper in the Collier Country jail?

Everybody -  Justexploring has a car!!!!  A Camry

Congrats 

love to nibble those micey feet.

charh20's avatar - ICONATOR be3777802402ed40fe6d8770cf33207f.gif
              Winchester, Kentucky
              United States
              Member #42711
              July 7, 2006
              1201 Posts
              Posted: November 5, 2006, 12:38 am - IP Logged

Autobahn There she goessssssss!!!!!!!!!!  lol

Im glad for her....

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                Wandering Aimlessly
                United States
                Member #25360
                November 5, 2005
                4461 Posts
                Posted: November 5, 2006, 1:07 am - IP Logged

Autobahn There she goessssssss!!!!!!!!!!  lol

Im glad for her....

How do you do that?  Really cool.

tungsten chef's avatar - nw dwarf5.jpg
                  Winnipeg
                  Canada
                  Member #14974
                  May 7, 2005
                  3647 Posts
                  Posted: November 5, 2006, 1:27 am - IP Logged

Everything is falling apart - literally!  Car engine died.  Tooth is throbbing.  Medical bills are piling.  Rent is going up.  A million $$$ would really come in handy (even a few thousand.)

Tonight I checked the 2 QPs I bought for FL MegaMoney and saw that one person won $2M. I glanced quickly and saw some of my numbers. My heart started to race.  I grabbed my 2 tickets and sat back down at my computer. I only had 2 numbers (won $4.50)  So at least I got my money back and a loaf of bread.

There was one very brief moment when I thought "OMG, this is it!!"  Has that ever happened to you?

while you're mentioning tooth is there really any pain worse than a toothache? i doubt it, even a broken limb isn't as painful as a tooth. funny cause a co-worker had a toothache last weds. he left in the afternoon. i guess friday he went to the dentist( it was payday). 90$ for an extraction and 2 and 1/2 days lost pay later.  

numbergirly's avatar - 0002009C
                    Dover, Delaware
                    United States
                    Member #26979
                    November 25, 2005
                    178 Posts
                    Posted: November 5, 2006, 2:26 am - IP Logged

Yes justxploring...I won (4) numbers on the powerball and (5) numbers on the lotto one year and if I had one more. Not only did my heart skip a beat..I fell out of my chair. I sure would like to know what it feels like to win the big one, by the way I live in Delaware the hardest state to hit. I also dream numbers and the last number I dreamed was 6699 and there's something magical about the number 1161. You heard it first and GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

numbergirly

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS   Ice Water 

charh20's avatar - ICONATOR be3777802402ed40fe6d8770cf33207f.gif
                      Winchester, Kentucky
                      United States
                      Member #42711
                      July 7, 2006
                      1201 Posts
                      Posted: November 5, 2006, 1:04 pm - IP Logged

How do you do that?  Really cool.

hi justxploring!!!!! I downloaded www.smileycentral.com ....

if you want to look up a subject like cars, birthday, congratulations, ect....all you have to do is type it at the bottom of the page that it gives you and click on the smiley that you want and it goes directly to your message....it is fun...

Glad that things are working out for you,,,,,,and good luck today...