Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 9:11 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If you won the $50 million jackpot today.

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 10 years ago by mr twentyone.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Who would you tell first?

Tell no one. [ 23 ]  [41.82%]
Spouse [ 21 ]  [38.18%]
Family [ 9 ]  [16.36%]
Friends [ 1 ]  [1.82%]
Coworkers [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Church [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
ex [ 1 ]  [1.82%]
Total Valid Votes [ 55 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
Member #47420
November 4, 2006
3930 Posts
Posted: November 6, 2006, 6:11 pm - IP Logged

I would tell my wife then move and buy some new friends.Naughty

Entertaiment Capital
    United States
    Member #37800
    April 19, 2006
    302 Posts
    Posted: November 6, 2006, 11:06 pm - IP Logged

I will tell absolutely no one until I hand over my winning ticket to the lottery official. 

Then the lottery office clerk will check my background info and everything. 

California Lottery Commission doesn't do electronic fund transfer, so I'll have to pick up the check myself. 

concord NH
      United States
      Member #47249
      October 27, 2006
      22 Posts
      Posted: November 7, 2006, 6:11 am - IP Logged

first thing i would do

1. call the state to verify the ticket...

2. photo copy the ticket about 10 times and then put ticket in safety deposit box and then call my father..

3. From there i would set up appointments with a tax attorney, financial advisor, civil lawyer ect..

4. I wouldn't tell anyone else until i went to the lottery office which would be within a week of winning....waiting to long can tie up the money from jackasses claiming they won the ticket but lost it ect...

5. After i get my picture taken with the oversized cardboard check, i would tell my girlfriend...

From their i would tell any friends that my dad was the one that won the lotto but he had me claim it for tax reasons...And that im not entitled to it...That should get most of them to leave you alone about borrowing money...

freeport bahamas
        Bahamas
        Member #46427
        September 10, 2006
        63 Posts
        Posted: November 22, 2006, 11:08 pm - IP Logged

i would tell my mom  only, everyone else who is already tight with me they know that i normanlly spend on them any way, so they wouldnt be a problem, and i would hook them up with some surprise gifts ,( cash ) and since i work for a a courier company they would only know that some distant family member died and sent them some money from his last will and testament, and all at diffirent times so as not to have them wanting to do a search for this dead family member, and i would live happly ever after, because the more people know, the more chances you give yourself to be jacked" or hassled ....or something done to some family member of yours until you free up the cash, BananaBedDanceCool