Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 11:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

A Tutorial in Progressive Wagering

Topic closed. 42 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
cps10's avatar - Lottery-004.jpg
The Carolinas - Charlotte
United States
Member #21627
September 12, 2005
4138 Posts
Posted: November 12, 2006, 9:23 pm - IP Logged

Good evening fellow Members!

As promised, tonight begins a series of lessons regarding progressions and progressive wagering strategy.

Many of you might know that finding which numbers to play is half the battle. You need to have a solid bankroll management strategy just like with any form of gambling. You might not find that this type of strategy is not for you, and that's fine. I just want to present you with the facts, and you can decide for yourself.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I do ask that if you can keep the PM's down to a minimum with questions about this, so that other members can benefit from answers, as they may have the same question but are afraid to ask it.

Sit back enjoy, and let's win some money!!

The North Carolina Education Lottery - so much a joke that here are their mascots:

Stooges

United States
    Member #21627
    September 12, 2005
    4138 Posts
    Posted: November 12, 2006, 10:31 pm - IP Logged

Everyone knows what Flat Betting is: it is playing a set amount on each number every single time. You might play $1 at the grocery store, or you might play $0.25 at the online stores. Either way, you play that amount every time on your numbers. Your bet size never changes. Your amount of numbers played may change, but your bet remains the same.

Progressive Betting is the art of wagering different amounts of money on your numbers, depending on how much you have lost. No matter when you finally get a win, you will ALWAYS have made a profit. I will give you examples of how these differ later.

The North Carolina Education Lottery - so much a joke that here are their mascots:

Stooges

United States
      Member #21627
      September 12, 2005
      4138 Posts
      Posted: November 12, 2006, 10:33 pm - IP Logged

There are two types of progressions, the Positive Progression, whereby you increase your bets with each WIN you get, hoping to capitalize on a hot streak, or the Negative Progression, whereby you increase your bets with each LOSS you incur. This allows you to ride out a cold streak and once you win, you are in the money.

The way that I play in lotteries, or even in blackjack, roulette or other games of chance is using a Negative Progression.

Stooges

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
        Member #5344
        June 30, 2004
        23641 Posts
        Posted: November 12, 2006, 10:34 pm - IP Logged

I am ready to learn this.. I can pick the numbers... Got that under my belt..Now for making the bigger bucks..Thanks for your time.

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

United States
          Member #21627
          September 12, 2005
          4138 Posts
          Posted: November 12, 2006, 10:36 pm - IP Logged

I am ready to learn this.. I can pick the numbers... Got that under my belt..Now for making the bigger bucks..Thanks for your time.

tntea

You are very welcome! I can do the wagering, just can't pick the numbers! LOL I will get that part solved soon! Thanks for taking part!

Stooges

United States
            Member #21627
            September 12, 2005
            4138 Posts
            Posted: November 12, 2006, 10:39 pm - IP Logged

Everyone has a different way of selecting their numbers. For me, I look for ice-cold trends that are ready to heat up. In other words, if I see a set of numbers that have been out 3-8 times their average skip rate, then I am ready to hammer them, and apply a progression, instead of flat betting. I use a Negative Progression as well. To use a progression, you have to be reasonably sure that your numbers are going to come in within the time limits/bankroll limits you have set. Then you can assure yourself a profit every time.

My comfort zone is playing cold combos. You may like playing a different way. Either way is fine to use a progression.

Stooges

United States
              Member #21627
              September 12, 2005
              4138 Posts
              Posted: November 12, 2006, 10:44 pm - IP Logged

Let's start with a basic example. Suppose you have 30 single (or 6-way) numbers that you want to play (and for simplicity purposes, I am using $1 as a standard unit, and I am using ONLINE PAYOUTS) and you are sure that you are going to hit them soon. A Flat Betting scheme would look like this:

DrawBetUnitsIf LossIf Win
              1$30 1($30)$120
              2$30 1($60)$90
              3$30 1($90)$60
              4$30 1($120)$30
              5$30 1($150)$0
              6$30 1($180)($30)
              7$30 1($210)($60)
              8$30 1($240)($90)
              9$30 1($270)($120)
              10$30 1($300)($150)

Let's say your calculations were wrong, and you didn't get a win for 10 draws, yet you did not increase your bet during the run (hence the units staying at 1, or $1 per number). So, in the end, you lost $150. That's a shame. All of that hard work to get a win and STILL BE LOSING!

Stooges

United States
                Member #21627
                September 12, 2005
                4138 Posts
                Posted: November 12, 2006, 10:48 pm - IP Logged

Heck, even in the example above would have you just breaking even if you won after the 5th draw. What's the point in playing, if you are playing to just break even or just "lose as little as possible"??

If you aren't playing to win, then why play at all? That's when the fun begins!

You can apply a Negative Betting Progression below and you will win in the 10th draw, or the 3rd, or the 9th or whenever!! Anytime you get a hit, you will get a profit!!!

Check this table. Now remember, each unit represents $1, so when you see 2 units on a draw, that means you bet $2 on each of your 30 numbers on that draw:

DrawBetUnitsIf LossIf Win
                1$30 1($30)$120
                2$30 1($60)$90
                3$30 1($90)$60
                4$30 1($120)$30
                5$60 2($180)$120
                6$60 2($240)$60
                7$90 3($330)$120
                8$90 3($420)$30
                9$120 4($540)$60
                10$150 5($690)$60

Look there...Draw #10 was a loser for $150 in the flat betting scheme, but in this one, you would have profited $60!

Draw #5 would net you $120 profit, where above it was a break-even situation!

Stooges

United States
                  Member #21627
                  September 12, 2005
                  4138 Posts
                  Posted: November 12, 2006, 10:52 pm - IP Logged

One thing you will notice between these two tables is the If Loss column. After 10 draws in a Flat Betting scheme, you see ($300), meaning if you didn't win after the 10th draw, you would be out $300. So that would be the minimum bankroll needed to sustain 10 draws at 30 numbers at $1 apiece. I recommend using five times your minimum bankroll to be safe.

In the Progression, you would need $690 for this kind of betting, which is over twice the Flat Bet. But look at it this way:

If you play five times under the Flat Bet and it hits on the 10th draw every time, then you will lose $150 after the first hit, requiring your bankroll to be $450 the next time around, including your previous losses. Then after the 2nd hit, you are at a required $600 bankroll ($300 + $300 in losses); after the third hit, you need $750 ($300 + $450 in losses); after the 4th hit, you need $900 ($300 + $600 in losses) and after the fifth hit, you would need $1,050 ($300 + a whopping $750 in losses)!

Stooges

United States
                    Member #21627
                    September 12, 2005
                    4138 Posts
                    Posted: November 12, 2006, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

Now, under a Progression like noted above, you would only need the $690 in bank the entire time, and you would have a $300 profit after 5 hits to boot!

So it makes sense to use progressive betting if you can afford the extra "comfort" money in your bankroll.

Stooges

United States
                      Member #21627
                      September 12, 2005
                      4138 Posts
                      Posted: November 12, 2006, 11:09 pm - IP Logged

This will conclude the lesson for tonight. I will continue more either later tonight or tomorrow. I hope you have enjoyed thus far.

In summary, I discussed the differences in Flat Betting and Progressive Betting, as well as the difference between a Positive Progression and a Negative Progression. I also gave an example of a win with a Flat Bet and a win with a Progression. I also pointed out Bankroll differences with Flat Betting vs. Progression Betting.

When I post on here again, I will show you how to utilize singles (6-way boxes) and doubles (3-way boxes).

After that, I will discuss utilizing singles, doubles, and triples in Pick 3.

Next, incorporating straight bets with boxes. In fact, a quick hint about straights is that if you are just a straight player, you use the same basic principles as the lesson tonight - you just increase your payouts from $150 for a box to $900 for a straight.

I will then offer a tool that allows you to input the number of numbers you are playing in specific denominations (single, double, triple) and adjust your own custom progression for those of you that play different quantities of numbers every day! For instance, you might play 12 singles and 9 doubles one day, then the next day you are playing 10 singles and 21 doubles. If you aren't hitting, you can make up the losses easily with a progression!

After that, we can move onto Pick 4 if you like.

As always, any questions I will be glad to field. I want to have you understand how to wager progressively and make the most of your number selection abilities, of which many of you are blessed! This is actually a lot easier than many of you think.

I also am available to form progressions for you if you give me your criteria.

Good night and best of luck!!

Stooges

sfilippo's avatar - skull
                        Oklahoma
                        United States
                        Member #33770
                        February 24, 2006
                        3146 Posts
                        Posted: November 13, 2006, 9:26 am - IP Logged

Great info, mazk!

you know me.... i'm a pick 4 kinda guy.

i like those online pick 4 box bet payouts of $93.75, $187.50, $375.00, and $562.50

great return for just a $0.25 bet, so i'll be focusing on your pick 4 progression lesson.

Smiley Steve

United States
                          Member #21627
                          September 12, 2005
                          4138 Posts
                          Posted: November 13, 2006, 10:23 am - IP Logged

Thanks Steve! I hope you get a lot out of it!

Stooges

lucky146's avatar - animal monkey.jpg
                            ny
                            United States
                            Member #40152
                            May 28, 2006
                            77 Posts
                            Posted: November 13, 2006, 10:27 am - IP Logged

Thanks for posting cps10....interesting stuff.

United States
                              Member #21627
                              September 12, 2005
                              4138 Posts
                              Posted: November 13, 2006, 10:41 am - IP Logged

You are very welcome lucky146!

Stooges