Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Million Dollar Raffle Cool Marketing

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 10 years ago by justxploring.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #1826
July 11, 2003
2645 Posts
Posted: November 22, 2006, 11:55 pm - IP Logged

And the bottom line is : Someone is going to win and it won't be me if I don't have a ticket.

Well, that's certainly true. I just know if buy a ticket, I won't win because I can't beat those kind of odds.

Hopefully you'll have more luck than I do. 

(insert signature here)

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
    Wandering Aimlessly
    United States
    Member #25360
    November 5, 2005
    4461 Posts
    Posted: November 24, 2006, 3:33 am - IP Logged

I agree with you JimmySand9.  Every lottery game is dressed up to look better than it is, because of the marketing.  I had planned to buy a few tickets on Monday and then got so busy at work, I forgot. I'm also waiting on a paycheck that's "in the mail."  Of course I have $20 - just don't want to get into the habit of buying $20 lottery tickets. I'm already blowing enough on the lottery each week. I wonder if there is any method to buying them - like 2 at one store and 2 at another or 5 at one store. It's supposed to be random like all the other games. I agree this is a great marketing idea and they'll definitely sell out soon, but the chart showing how quickly they are selling almost reminds me of one of those Telethons for charity. I thought of this since yesterday I walked over to the counter and then felt too guilty to buy a $20 lottery ticket after passing a collection truck on the way in that was asking for bags of food for the needy for Thanksgiving.