Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The worst kind of lottery just over the horizon!!

Topic closed. 35 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
floridian's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing

United States
Member #45802
August 28, 2006
335 Posts
Posted: November 20, 2006, 11:58 am - IP Logged

Well, here we go!! Charlie Wrangle, Democrat from New York, will introduce legislation in the next few days to reinstate the draft.  All you folks so excited about a change in politics, you ought to really like this one.  Now we can have a half-as#$d military.  Now young kids can be dragged in to serve who do not want to and that is what the results will be a do not want to military.

This is how the new order wants to protect us.  Here we got people all over the earth wanting to killl us all and this is the best thinking that can come of of Washington.  God! help us all.  Apparently, this is what we have to look forward to.

Wrangle says if the draft had been in place prior to the war in Iraq the American people would not have stood for the war.  His party almost totally supported the effort, remember.  Politicans are so good at manipulating history.  It is just like I said about the morons in Washington in an earlier post, there has not been an original idea from either party in 60 years.

So now is the time for the Republicans to come up with a bone head play of their own to top this one.  Lets bring out the clowns.

F

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23273 Posts
    Posted: November 20, 2006, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

Well, here we go!! Charlie Wrangle, Democrat from New York, will introduce legislation in the next few days to reinstate the draft.  All you folks so excited about a change in politics, you ought to really like this one.  Now we can have a half-as#$d military.  Now young kids can be dragged in to serve who do not want to and that is what the results will be a do not want to military.

This is how the new order wants to protect us.  Here we got people all over the earth wanting to killl us all and this is the best thinking that can come of of Washington.  God! help us all.  Apparently, this is what we have to look forward to.

Wrangle says if the draft had been in place prior to the war in Iraq the American people would not have stood for the war.  His party almost totally supported the effort, remember.  Politicans are so good at manipulating history.  It is just like I said about the morons in Washington in an earlier post, there has not been an original idea from either party in 60 years.

So now is the time for the Republicans to come up with a bone head play of their own to top this one.  Lets bring out the clowns.

F

All true!

I especially love the twisted logic Charlie Rangle uses when he says that people who support the war and oppose the draft are hypocrites. 

I think Charlie Rangle, who is against the war, but trying to force 18 year olds to go to war, is a bit more of of a hypocrite.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
      Member #4877
      May 30, 2004
      5122 Posts
      Posted: November 20, 2006, 3:50 pm - IP Logged

GO>>>>>>>GETTUM......................Tenaj!!!!!!!!!!

Let's have a "Dempocrit".......

PARTY...PartyBatParty BatLet It All Out& JOIN du

NATIONAL

GUARD

US FlagUS FlagUS FlagUS FlagUS Flag

United States
        Member #45802
        August 28, 2006
        335 Posts
        Posted: November 20, 2006, 3:59 pm - IP Logged

GO>>>>>>>GETTUM......................Tenaj!!!!!!!!!!

Let's have a "Dempocrit".......

PARTY...PartyBatParty BatLet It All Out& JOIN du

NATIONAL

GUARD

US FlagUS FlagUS FlagUS FlagUS Flag

I am not sure if this means horray for the National Guard or what.  The National Guard are brave soles because they had to go off to this war with limited training.

Where I live is a huge military training area, I know several guys that are trainers and they say the National Guard was unequipped to handle what they were thrust into.  They said it was not their fault but they were expected to do things that are difficult for the every day soldier.

I think everyone is making my point, no new ideas coming out of Washington, has not been for 60 years.  The same old s$%t re-packaged.  How in the world can we every celebrate any progress in this country if we take a giant step forward and two backward.

Like I said bring out the clowns.

F

United States
          Member #986
          January 5, 2003
          280 Posts
          Posted: November 20, 2006, 4:11 pm - IP Logged

I see nothing wrong with the draft.  It gives the youngins nowadays to see how life is in other countries.  When they come back to the country they live in (USA) it's much more appreciated.  Of course noone wants a draft when a war or conflict is going on they're scared they may have to go there.  I had to go to Viet Nam, was I scared, dang right I was, am I mad at my country with all it's faults, no.  Better war and conflicts over seas then here at home.  My Mom, god rest her soul wasn't killed and thrown on the side of some road by some terrorists or whatever because she had a man in her life who was in EVERY war including the civil war so she could be buried in her own country.  Believe me politicians I don't like, but my flag I love.

I don't say alot here, but this one really hit a nerve.

United States
            Member #4877
            May 30, 2004
            5122 Posts
            Posted: November 20, 2006, 4:38 pm - IP Logged

I see nothing wrong with the draft.  It gives the youngins nowadays to see how life is in other countries.  When they come back to the country they live in (USA) it's much more appreciated.  Of course noone wants a draft when a war or conflict is going on they're scared they may have to go there.  I had to go to Viet Nam, was I scared, dang right I was, am I mad at my country with all it's faults, no.  Better war and conflicts over seas then here at home.  My Mom, god rest her soul wasn't killed and thrown on the side of some road by some terrorists or whatever because she had a man in her life who was in EVERY war including the civil war so she could be buried in her own country.  Believe me politicians I don't like, but my flag I love.

OK........ok..........OKaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHHHH.....Maryland:

PSYKOMO...........give$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

UP......................give$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

UP......................Tell "CHUCK" to stick DRAFT up HIS "BUTTTTT"

LETT's be a GOOD.............................FELLOW......AMERICAN'S

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

BEEEEEEEEEEEEE..............................GOOD Dempoctits!!!!!!!!!!

bring back...............BatLet It All Out"LOTTERY"

Pick3forSC's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
              North Carolina (West of Charlotte)
              United States
              Member #1436
              April 28, 2003
              628 Posts
              Posted: November 20, 2006, 4:51 pm - IP Logged

I dont believe his legislation will pass, but I had to register when I turned 18 in 1984. Never got the call but had to sign up.

United States
                Member #45802
                August 28, 2006
                335 Posts
                Posted: November 20, 2006, 4:53 pm - IP Logged

I am glad you responded.  What has been going on over the past 20 years has hit so many nerves in me that it makes my eyes bleed.  I like you am a Viet Nam Vet but what I am saying is, if the same logic is used to protect us as was used in Nam and Iraq, for that matter in our dad's war Korea, well I am just tired of seeing body bags.  My God man! Bush is in North Viet Nam this week playing footsy with those little bas$%^&s.  So what did all that do for us.  Heck why not drum up so more opportunities to fight.  Wrangle is making a political statement and using young men as the scapegoats.

Heck! it all about power.  Just follow the money and the power base, it has nothing to do with what you or I feel or think or weather we are Dems or R's or any other affiliation.

Do you think I liked it when a friend of mine stepped on a claymore and had his leg blown off, spent years in vet hospitals which the government was reluctant to provide, then died 30 years before his time in pain?  For what man!  I mean the government can not even come clean with the American people about how many have died in Iraq.  Secretly some guys have been keeping count at the national morgue in Dover, they say conservative estimates are at least 12,000 dead and 25 to 30,000 plus wounded.  I knew body bags were coming in by the droves but I had no idea until lately.

Do you remember how they used to count bodies in Nam, the enemy and us, guess what, the same math is at work now.  If you were not dead on the battle field and sent back to a field hospital or flown to a major surgery center and died later you were not considered many times as a combat death.

Like I keep saying,  the same thing is done over and over again.  They still will not let the soldiers fight to win.  They will not listen to the generals they pretend they do.  They just want the soldier to shut up and fight with all kinds of strings attached.

I just believe that dog won't hunt any more and I for one have had enough.

I love this country more than I can ever relay here and I cherish my military comrades but I am tired of people dying for someone's power play of the day and their need to be viewed by the general public as some sort of a savior.  I love the flag too, it is just that I am tired of it being draped over coffins.

F

United States
                  Member #986
                  January 5, 2003
                  280 Posts
                  Posted: November 20, 2006, 5:19 pm - IP Logged

I appreciate your honest reply and applaud you for not bashing.  Your a man or woman of ethics and morals.  My daughter sitting here would like to thank you for the life she now has.  I hope the big lottery finds your way. Patriot

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                    Member #41383
                    June 16, 2006
                    1969 Posts
                    Posted: November 20, 2006, 6:03 pm - IP Logged

I have mixed emotions on this: I mean, I view the 'National GUARD' as just that - guys and gals that are HERE to protect us HERE, and not to go be policemen around the world - that's for the Army, Navy, Marines and Air Force.

I view the 'Coast GUARD' the same way - folks HERE to protect our shores HERE. 

I also have a huge ton of respect for how Israel does it - mandatory two years in their service - no matter what - no exceptions.

If you are a super-model or a 'brain' going to MIT - it gets put on hold - you serve in the military. Every single Israeli I have met

understood it, did it, and would do it again.

Here ?  We hire a lawyer, doctor or politician to get out of it..... 

'They say' Dubya was in the ANG, they even have a pic of him somehow climbing up a ladder to get into an aircraft, but NOBODY

remembers him being in a unit. There is documentation that says he was - but NOBODY - not a single soul - remembers him.  How do you forget the son of a famous father being in your unit ?

'War' today isn't what it used to be - and will never be ever again, this is why folks wouldn't want to get into the service - because

our 'friends' sitting next to us are our enemies. We can't tell them apart.  They don't wear black hats, swastikas or rising suns anymore, they dress just like us and talk just like us, and would slice your throat if given a chance.

And yes, if they came calling for me (to join), I would, just as my dad and all of my Uncles did. 

United States
                      Member #4877
                      May 30, 2004
                      5122 Posts
                      Posted: November 20, 2006, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

I appreciate your honest reply and applaud you for not bashing.  Your a man or woman of ethics and morals.  My daughter sitting here would like to thank you for the life she now has.  I hope the big lottery finds your way. Patriot

THANK$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Maryland::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

When.....PSYKO.............gettsssssssss..........MARrieDDDeeeeDIddd

I will puttttttttt-----------IT-IN the PRE-NET.....(NET) AGREEMENT.....

said, wife must fight ALL the WAR's & defend PSYKOMO to the ......

BEST of HER .................ABILITY or DISABILITY & SUPPORY PSYKO

in HER "BEST of ABILTITY" >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

INSIST..........................PSYKO not join NATIONAL GUARD!!!!!!!!!!

PUT-IN..........................Plain ENGLISH.........................................

she will SUPPOT her PSYKO in the manner.........expected by

PSYKOMO.....................PartyParty

United States
                        Member #45802
                        August 28, 2006
                        335 Posts
                        Posted: November 20, 2006, 6:28 pm - IP Logged

If you are referring to me, I appreciate the kind words.  My life experience has to come into play in all of this.  If you learn nothing over your life then it has really counted for nothing at all.  But my heart is broken for all the young men and women who have died for causes that were appropriate at the time and soon lose their luster but yet we are committed to go through the motions of "finishing the job".  This country is no different than most others we all kill off our young.  Just think what could have been with the brain trust we have thrown away to support arrogance and power grabbing.

I do not know if you are aware but Kissinger has come out in the last few days and said the war in Iraq is unwinnable under the present plan.  If he thinks its bad after all the correct calls he has made over the years, then its bad.  You may not like Henry Kissinger but just about everything he has predicted has come to pass.  I have often thought he would have been a terrific lottery player because of his incredible insight.

There is an old saying that goes "If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart.  If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain."  This was attributed to Winston Churchill, frankly, I do not think he said it but it is something to ponder.

Good luck to you, sir.

F

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                          Zeta Reticuli Star System
                          United States
                          Member #30470
                          January 17, 2006
                          10353 Posts
                          Posted: November 20, 2006, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

Interesting thread. (I'm a Viet Nam vet also, Airborne Infantry).

Something is terribly wrong when Regular Army,, Guards, and Reservists  are doing multiple tours in a combat zone while most of the population does not serve at all.

As has been said in this thread, if the draft comes back, follow the Israeli (or Swiss, or former West German model) -

"Happy 18th birthday and we'll see you in two years".  

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
                            Wisconsin
                            United States
                            Member #1303
                            March 27, 2003
                            1508 Posts
                            Posted: November 20, 2006, 8:14 pm - IP Logged

All true!

I especially love the twisted logic Charlie Rangle uses when he says that people who support the war and oppose the draft are hypocrites. 

I think Charlie Rangle, who is against the war, but trying to force 18 year olds to go to war, is a bit more of of a hypocrite.

His legislation will never pass for the very reason of part of his rationale for introducing it.

He has said that if there is a draft it will "Prevent wars from occuring like this one." Because, he said, those in power like the Congress, will have their sons and daughters being forced to go into the military, where now they get instead to go to high-priced fancy universities.

The thing is, this didn't work during Nam. Those with "connections" either didn't have to go into service and avoided the draft, or got assured of soft duty posts. Those without connections and little money to grease palms, simply got drafted and sent off.

I tend to lean more Libertarian than anything (though I am registered Independent), and have little use for either major party....but I do find it interesting that when Bush was running last time, the Dems were trying to make the voters fearful that if he was re-elected, he would reinstitute the draft.

So now, who is it that is trying to reinstitute the draft? The Democratic Party !

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                              Chief Bottle Washer
                              New Jersey
                              United States
                              Member #1
                              May 31, 2000
                              23273 Posts
                              Posted: November 20, 2006, 8:18 pm - IP Logged

His legislation will never pass for the very reason of part of his rationale for introducing it.

He has said that if there is a draft it will "Prevent wars from occuring like this one." Because, he said, those in power like the Congress, will have their sons and daughters being forced to go into the military, where now they get instead to go to high-priced fancy universities.

The thing is, this didn't work during Nam. Those with "connections" either didn't have to go into service and avoided the draft, or got assured of soft duty posts. Those without connections and little money to grease palms, simply got drafted and sent off.

I tend to lean more Libertarian than anything (though I am registered Independent), and have little use for either major party....but I do find it interesting that when Bush was running last time, the Dems were trying to make the voters fearful that if he was re-elected, he would reinstitute the draft.

So now, who is it that is trying to reinstitute the draft? The Democratic Party !

Wow, I had totally forgotten about that.  Thanks for reminding me.  I suspect the mainstream media has also forgotten.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                              What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                              Help eliminate computerized drawings!