Welcome Guest
You last visited October 23, 2017, 1:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

what do you plan on having as a new years resolution?

Topic closed. 34 replies. Last post 11 years ago by joelotto.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
Nova Scotia
Canada
Member #9934
December 27, 2004
899 Posts
Posted: November 30, 2006, 8:51 pm - IP Logged

To play the lottery smarter and win the jackpot.!  So that I can travel and do the things I've wanted to do, which takes money. And start my own business eventually and not work for other people which is too hard. These are some of my goals.

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
    Member #5344
    June 30, 2004
    23641 Posts
    Posted: November 30, 2006, 10:08 pm - IP Logged

I agree lotterybraker.if we would stop sticking our nose in all the world businness they wouldn't hate us as much.i guarantee the world hates us a lot more since george bush became president.he has really messed up.can't wait until '08 because he will be gone.the best thing they ever did was limit president to two four year terms because if bush would;ve went too much longer i would've just left this country because i wouldn't want to see him cause any more damage.so in '08 goodbye and good riddance to the dictator....

I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!

Did I Say.. I Agree!

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

Sandy K's avatar - graphic pub.jpg
      Clarkston, Michigan
      United States
      Member #76
      January 6, 2002
      8528 Posts
      Posted: December 1, 2006, 11:09 am - IP Logged

Delores, I have my life back after many years of destroying it.  Yes, I too was a victim of excesses and relationship destruction.  If I have one resolution at New Year's, it is too be the best person I can be..........to love those who stood by me........to REALLY understand the importance of family.

I led a destructive life for many years.  I always did things to excess.......I drank too much, I smoked too much, I partied too much.............I was on a one way street to disaster..............I left my husband of 30 years..........and guess what happened?  Yup, life caught up with me.  In my early 50's, I became very ill......very ill....I was in the hospital for 7 months.  Can you imagine being in the hospital that long?  After surgery and months of rehab when I got home again, I went on the road to recovery. I have never worked so hard in my life at something....I couldn't walk and limited use of my arms.  Rehab was over a year.....but I have returned to normal....no disability.  I had plenty of time to think.  I remarried my husband.  I found GOD again and started repairing what I had damaged.  My children gradually came to respect and love me again and thank God my husband never stopped loving me.

Point of me telling this to everyone....................we all have paths that we must cross....that is what makes us who we are............some of us make so many mistakes that we don't think it can ever be repaired............but with GOD in your life and faith in him and strength in yourself, anything can be corrected.  I was truly blessed to get a second chance in life.  I am not expected to live a long life.....I now try and make every day count.  My family, my Saviour, and my friends are so important now................my priorities have been put in order.

Sandy

stavros's avatar - avatar 6898.gif
        Florida
        United States
        Member #6147
        August 8, 2004
        1396 Posts
        Posted: December 1, 2006, 11:19 am - IP Logged

Sandy...congratulations on your physical, spiritual and life-affirming recoveries, and for sharing it with us.  WIshing you continued success in life!

Good Luck!

Stavros

stavros's avatar - avatar 6898.gif
          Florida
          United States
          Member #6147
          August 8, 2004
          1396 Posts
          Posted: December 1, 2006, 11:21 am - IP Logged

Delores....sounds like you are on the right path.  Stick with it.  Wishing you much happiness and success in the future.

Good Luck!

Stavros

delores247's avatar - Lottery-048.jpg

United States
            Member #19043
            July 24, 2005
            7378 Posts
            Posted: December 1, 2006, 6:24 pm - IP Logged

Delores, I have my life back after many years of destroying it.  Yes, I too was a victim of excesses and relationship destruction.  If I have one resolution at New Year's, it is too be the best person I can be..........to love those who stood by me........to REALLY understand the importance of family.

I led a destructive life for many years.  I always did things to excess.......I drank too much, I smoked too much, I partied too much.............I was on a one way street to disaster..............I left my husband of 30 years..........and guess what happened?  Yup, life caught up with me.  In my early 50's, I became very ill......very ill....I was in the hospital for 7 months.  Can you imagine being in the hospital that long?  After surgery and months of rehab when I got home again, I went on the road to recovery. I have never worked so hard in my life at something....I couldn't walk and limited use of my arms.  Rehab was over a year.....but I have returned to normal....no disability.  I had plenty of time to think.  I remarried my husband.  I found GOD again and started repairing what I had damaged.  My children gradually came to respect and love me again and thank God my husband never stopped loving me.

Point of me telling this to everyone....................we all have paths that we must cross....that is what makes us who we are............some of us make so many mistakes that we don't think it can ever be repaired............but with GOD in your life and faith in him and strength in yourself, anything can be corrected.  I was truly blessed to get a second chance in life.  I am not expected to live a long life.....I now try and make every day count.  My family, my Saviour, and my friends are so important now................my priorities have been put in order.

Damn,Sandy i am in Tears,Honey I love the LOrd and Now that i have past out several times my kids love me too! Hopefully with all these Beautiful People on Lottery Post Their Kindness and compassion they have shown me durning my illness i can fight this,YOU Too Todd,Without Todd this would not be possible,Thanks Sandy for giving me more Hope to Win the Good fight and get my Life Back,You Will always be a special Friend,Ha d my eyes dilated today,Excuse the writing,I will always remember your story,This is for you Todd,You are a Gem,You can't begin to imagine what Encouragement i have received,I love you so much for your part in Saving my Life,I will never forget it.        Love  to All    Delores247

delores247's avatar - Lottery-048.jpg

United States
              Member #19043
              July 24, 2005
              7378 Posts
              Posted: December 1, 2006, 7:03 pm - IP Logged

Delores....sounds like you are on the right path.  Stick with it.  Wishing you much happiness and success in the future.

Thank you Stavros That means a lot to me,Goodluck to you,,,,Love you Delores247

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                23962 Posts
                Posted: December 1, 2006, 10:57 pm - IP Logged

Damn,Sandy i am in Tears,Honey I love the LOrd and Now that i have past out several times my kids love me too! Hopefully with all these Beautiful People on Lottery Post Their Kindness and compassion they have shown me durning my illness i can fight this,YOU Too Todd,Without Todd this would not be possible,Thanks Sandy for giving me more Hope to Win the Good fight and get my Life Back,You Will always be a special Friend,Ha d my eyes dilated today,Excuse the writing,I will always remember your story,This is for you Todd,You are a Gem,You can't begin to imagine what Encouragement i have received,I love you so much for your part in Saving my Life,I will never forget it.        Love  to All    Delores247

Wow, Delores, that is very unexpected, and I'm honored by your note.  Any encouragment I may have sent your way is just what friends are for in my view, and I know you would return that encouragement if I were to need it.  The definition of a true friend!

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
                  Charlotte NC
                  United States
                  Member #17406
                  June 18, 2005
                  4066 Posts
                  Posted: December 1, 2006, 11:17 pm - IP Logged

Blue Angel! And I complain about little things.  Sandy and Delores my heart goes out to you.  You both are very strong women.  I've been overly concerned over small, insiginificant nothings, spoiled, and you guys had real problems and triumphed.  It's amazing what we make large.

Sometimes it takes looking at the trials and tribulations of others to see how ridiculous ours are and to count our blessing.  God bless both of you.

takeemtothebank

Sunny California
                    United States
                    Member #40295
                    May 31, 2006
                    8344 Posts
                    Posted: December 1, 2006, 11:42 pm - IP Logged

Some very moving stories here, wow! Thanks everyone for sharing!

I don't make resolutions anymore because by the second day I'm always back to my old tricks. Comes a time when you just have to admit that you smoke too much, eat too much, Lottery Post too much or watch too much tv. Can you see my arm? It's raised! Yes, this is me!

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                      Member #14
                      November 9, 2001
                      31615 Posts
                      Posted: December 1, 2006, 11:47 pm - IP Logged

chew, spit and enjoy life.

and from bill  maher - Never order a hamburger that's bigger than your ass.

ROFL

love to nibble those micey feet.

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
                        Charlotte NC
                        United States
                        Member #17406
                        June 18, 2005
                        4066 Posts
                        Posted: December 1, 2006, 11:56 pm - IP Logged

chew, spit and enjoy life.

and from bill  maher - Never order a hamburger that's bigger than your ass.

ROFL

He did an HBO special on the election.  Darn I meant to catch it.

takeemtothebank

GIDDYUP's avatar - cls want_to_buy.jpg
                          Dunn / Kinston North Carolina
                          United States
                          Member #46604
                          September 17, 2006
                          98 Posts
                          Posted: December 2, 2006, 12:27 am - IP Logged

I'm quitting my career as a c-srore manager and then I'm going to get my CDL so I can make a decent living and play the lottery in every state I go through using wpb's pics !!!                            US FlagBanana

Can't lose for winning Banana

Tennessee
                            United States
                            Member #7853
                            October 15, 2004
                            11350 Posts
                            Posted: December 29, 2006, 5:49 am - IP Logged

well i also need to cut down on my french fry consumption.darn those french fried potaters taste so good.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                              Zeta Reticuli Star System
                              United States
                              Member #30470
                              January 17, 2006
                              10537 Posts
                              Posted: December 30, 2006, 1:00 am - IP Logged

I just checked the Vegas Line and the sports books are saying that all the resoultions being made here will be broken by Jan 10th

Broken by the 10th   -  1.76

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.