Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 2:39 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Dowsing for winning Scratch Tickets

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 10 years ago by ScratcherBoy.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
NJ
United States
Member #48001
December 5, 2006
2 Posts
Posted: December 6, 2006, 12:47 am - IP Logged

I'm new to this forum and would like to pass on to those reading this a personal technique I have been using in selecting "Winning" scratch tickets. Would you believe I actually dowse for winning scratch tickets? My approach allows me to use a personal reaction to what scratch tickets are available where I purchase them. I've done much better (dollar wise in net winnings) using a personal dowsing technique than just walking up, pointing to a ticket or two and purchasing them with the hope that a winner will be among them.

I do not use a pendulum! I developed another dowsing method that allows me to apply a technique while in a public place without drawing attention to how I make a selection, which also gives me the comfort of being relaxed and poised at the same time. When I do win...that's when I get to let the emotions flow and maybe a jump or two when a winner is selected.

The technique takes some practice...and training to get use to. One needs to rely on a signal to which a confirmation is given when looking directly at a particular scratch ticket to purchase. It really becomes quite natural and easy to do once the technique becomes a part of a selection method in determining what ticket feels right at the time to purchase.

Here's how I trained myself to use a personal dowsing method in selecting winning scratch tickets:

1) Relax! Whatever way you can, learn to relax yourself, even for a few moments. I use a backward counting method of counting (mentally to myself) from 10 to 1. In the beginning of this counting method I told myself that when I reached the number one I would feel loose and limp, warm and relaxed throughout my entire body. I practiced it several times of the day; at work on a break, walking around in my neighborhood and while at home or even when going to bed. The key is 'repetition! Get you body to calm down as a conditioned response to counting backwards from 10 to i...in any situation. It takes about 21 days for a new habit to take hold, so keep with it and eventually you will notice that you do relax quite well using this simple technique. You can then relax even more deeply (if needed) by telling yourself that you will be more relaxed than before with a second countdown. It really works!

2) When you feel that you are getting relaxed using your countdown method, you then add another suggestion after you are relaxed. The suggestion is to allow your eyelids to feel an 'upward' pressure in your eyes and eyelids as you are looking directly at a particular lottery scratch ticket displayed on a rack in a store. Right now...close your eyes for a second or two...allow the penetration of outside stimuli cease and enjoy the calmness around your eyes. Then make believe you are looking upwards at something nearby...and sense what your eyes feel like with the slight upward pressure you are exerting on them. While sensing this 'pressure' in your eyes (and not too much is needed to be aware of it) tell yourself that this is the 'response' you feel immediately when you are looking directly at a particular scratch ticket. Important: Use the present tense structure by enforcing that you are looking at a winning scratch ticket. Do not use something like..."I will feel a sense of pressure in my eyes." That phrase alone sets up a future event that you will never, ever experience! Just be simple in your phrasing such that you "ARE" looking at a winning scratch ticket.

Your body/mind will take care of the rest and give you what you are seeking. Also, you do not have to be looking at a scratch ticket to associate the eyes generating a little pressure when looking directly at a winning scratch ticket...use your imagination, it works just fine. You do not need to affirm that you will feel something else in your eyes when you are looking directly at a losing scratch ticket. Just affirm the positive. Keep it simple and you will be amazed at the results!

3) Go slow. Spend little at first...but do experiment. Practice makes for perfection and increasing the odds in your favor.

Well, that's my technique and I am happy with the rewards I have had so far. Please note that I do not always purchase a scratch ticket. There are many times that I will pass on making a purchase of a scratch ticket. But (!) I 'must' have that certain pressure in my eyes (the eyelids will start fluttering when using this method) before making a purchase. You can even try making your own tests at home using a deck of cards and 'program' yourself to have a different response when selecting, say, the aces in a deck. Keep the response of your eyelids fluttering with some pressure as the sole response for selecting winning scratch tickets.

Keep it simple...keep it sweet...keep winning!

Bloom where you are plantedSun Smiley

joplin
    United States
    Member #45299
    August 17, 2006
    151 Posts
    Posted: December 18, 2006, 2:41 pm - IP Logged

Dowsing is a great idea.  I had thought about using something

like that several months ago, did some reading on it.  I just

never tried it. 

Raven62's avatar - binary
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #17843
      June 28, 2005
      49642 Posts
      Posted: December 18, 2006, 4:53 pm - IP Logged

Dowsing is as strictly defined the claimed ability to discover underground sources of water or metals by means of a "dowsing rod". Another term used is "divining". However, this terminology and its scope have been expanded and is now used with a far greater range of meanings. Dowsing now includes the claimed ability to discover almost anything, from water and minerals to missing children and archaeological sites. Each dowser will have his or her specialty. The device any dowser will use ranges from the traditional forked stick to just the bare hand. Pendulums, bent wires, wands of various sorts, and swiveled rods and housings are commonly encountered. In every case, the device used is a system in a state of unstable equilibrium, something that cannot easily be kept in a steady condition, and which is subject to very slight tremors, twitches, or changes of inclination. We've seen an astonishing variety of metal springs, coils, wires, balls, threads and bobbing elastic devices, all trembling and vibrating freely, used as dowsing machinery.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

charh20's avatar - ICONATOR be3777802402ed40fe6d8770cf33207f.gif
        Winchester, Kentucky
        United States
        Member #42711
        July 7, 2006
        1201 Posts
        Posted: December 18, 2006, 5:09 pm - IP Logged

Scared

New Jersey
          United States
          Member #17843
          June 28, 2005
          49642 Posts
          Posted: December 18, 2006, 6:22 pm - IP Logged

Scared

Winchester, Kentucky
            United States
            Member #42711
            July 7, 2006
            1201 Posts
            Posted: December 18, 2006, 7:09 pm - IP Logged

Item:   "MISSING PERSON ETC",,,,,,,,lol

Downhere, S.C.
              United States
              Member #35033
              March 11, 2006
              1956 Posts
              Posted: December 18, 2006, 7:40 pm - IP Logged

Hey, I tried your Dowsing, The store owner threw me out, he thought i was on drugs or something. I told him i was just dowsing his tickets, he told me he was gonna dowsh me with buckshot if i didn't leave. Maybe i better practice at home a little bit.

Winchester, Kentucky
                United States
                Member #42711
                July 7, 2006
                1201 Posts
                Posted: December 18, 2006, 7:44 pm - IP Logged

Hey, I tried your Dowsing, The store owner threw me out, he thought i was on drugs or something. I told him i was just dowsing his tickets, he told me he was gonna dowsh me with buckshot if i didn't leave. Maybe i better practice at home a little bit.

ROTFL   ROTFL    ROTFL

dumars798's avatar - batman17
                  Atlanta
                  United States
                  Member #28656
                  December 20, 2005
                  5675 Posts
                  Posted: December 19, 2006, 1:31 am - IP Logged

ROTFL   ROTFL    ROTFL

Laughing Too Hard To Type !!!

Smart bets...... Equal Phat Pocket$!

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                    Wandering Aimlessly
                    United States
                    Member #25360
                    November 5, 2005
                    4461 Posts
                    Posted: December 19, 2006, 3:31 am - IP Logged

I'm new to this forum and would like to pass on to those reading this a personal technique I have been using in selecting "Winning" scratch tickets. Would you believe I actually dowse for winning scratch tickets?

Yes.  I've seen stranger posts on the mystical forum. Do whatever works for you.  Although this has nothing to do with the lottery, a long time ago (far, far away on a different gallaxy. lol) I lived in a place called New Hampshire. It was a very cold night in the White Mountains after a day of skiing and it began to snow. I got off the beaten track and my gas gauge was pointing at empty. My traveling companion told me to pull over in the dark on a back road. She began to chant, "Nam-myoho-renge-kyo" and suddenly 2 men appeared. One of them owned a gas station up the road. Ya never know!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                      Zeta Reticuli Star System
                      United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      10344 Posts
                      Posted: December 19, 2006, 10:00 am - IP Logged

jusme
                      Not nay-saying the dowsing or such things, but since all you can see is the top ticket available in a counter or vending machine, I find this to be a bit of a reach, unless you  mean the type of ticket and not a specific individual ticket. 

Since tickets are often sold in convenience marts it would be no surprise if a store manager saw someone just hanging around the ticket display and figured they were up to no good, as Bazooka Joe mentioned.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #17843
                        June 28, 2005
                        49642 Posts
                        Posted: December 19, 2006, 12:08 pm - IP Logged

It seems to be a popular thing to do: Poke fun a things you don't understand!

Do some research on dowsing: You'll find that it's just as successful at selecting Winning Lottery Numbers/Tickets as any other Method you or anyone else might come up with.

Next time you may have to educate the store owner to the ways of dowsing before attempting to select you Lottery Tickets with dowsing.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                          Zeta Reticuli Star System
                          United States
                          Member #30470
                          January 17, 2006
                          10344 Posts
                          Posted: December 19, 2006, 1:22 pm - IP Logged

Raven62

I don't think it's so much poing fun at dowsing as the method described.  Educating the store owner or not, someone doing this is going to show up on the surveillance cameras constantly and be consiered a suspicious character.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #17843
                            June 28, 2005
                            49642 Posts
                            Posted: December 19, 2006, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

Raven62

I don't think it's so much poing fun at dowsing as the method described.  Educating the store owner or not, someone doing this is going to show up on the surveillance cameras constantly and be consiered a suspicious character.

Some folks just appears suspicious, even under the most innocent of circumstances! Wink
                            (Like: Selecting Lottery Tickets to Buy)

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                              Wandering Aimlessly
                              United States
                              Member #25360
                              November 5, 2005
                              4461 Posts
                              Posted: December 19, 2006, 4:05 pm - IP Logged

I guess that's an advantage I have.  I'm already very weird.  Plus I look harmless and non-threatening and the people at the supermarket see me everyday when I pickup some groceries or fill my water bottles (can't drink the water here.) 

However, a clerk needs to attend to customers. So someone who takes a lot of time in front of a ticket counter or hanging around a store might not be welcome.  I've worked in stores and a customer can't just say "I want to stand here and dowse."  You've got to keep your eye on the people in the store. You can't simply assume someone is just doing his "thing." I sold furniture, so obviously somebody couldn't walk out with a bedroom set or a desk under his coat (what's a coat? It's 85 degrees today)  but people moved toss pillows around, tried to change price tags, would walk in with food or beverages or their kids would jump up and down on the furniture. People also mess with things they're not supposed to...like walking behing the sales counter to get a pen or calculator instead of asking. Thank goodness for the Dollar Store up the road. One month I purchased over a dozen measuring tapes!  

I know this isn't the same as a convenient store or a supermarket, but I assume the rules are similar regarding loitering and/or strange behavior.