Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:50 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Important Pick5,6,10, & Jackpots Question for Todd & LP members.

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Kola.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Kola's avatar - image
Blundering Time Traveler

United States
Member #28945
December 25, 2005
1527 Posts
Posted: December 28, 2006, 7:33 pm - IP Logged

In my opinion, I think that figuring out the Pick 5, Pick 6, Pick 10,  PowerBall and Mega-Ball would be greatly aided by looking at the exact order of how the numbers actually fell, as opposed to looking at them in ascending order. 

Ex:

12, 22, 34, 45, 49, 54 - normal view when results are posted

34, 12, 45. 22, 54, 49 - more desirable actual order of results.

As far as I'm aware, nowhere in print or on the Web, are the results listed in the order they dropped. 

I understand that listing the results in ascending order allows for a more fluid ease when reading, which would limit errors when copying. But viewing them this way eliminates a huge swath of potential patterns that do emerge. We don't do it in the Pick 3 and 4, why do it in the bigger games? If one could see how the numbers actually fell, I think we would move a lot closer into making a bigger dent in the Lotto. It would be a boon to do workouts and backtests with this 'new look'.

Would others be interested in seeing this?

Todd, The LP already has the title of being the holder of many "firsts". If its not too much trouble, could we add this as another one-of-a-kind attribute?

Thanks

Legend says that The Craggy One was once asked about the Lottery Circle and the aged Lottery LoreKeeper whispered in his gravelly eloquence,"It is known among our kind that 2 successive draws are in reality the 2 center-points of 2 intersecting circles that share a common radius - a Root Center. This Vesica Piscis is the creative womb for all numbers, the Still Point from which two draws will unite & a new one is born. This "perfect" space is a wormhole through Time(Change). Master its proportions & your numerical predictions will not falter". 

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23260 Posts
    Posted: December 28, 2006, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

I would do it in a heartbeat, but that data is not available anywhere.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Kola's avatar - image
      Blundering Time Traveler

United States
      Member #28945
      December 25, 2005
      1527 Posts
      Posted: December 28, 2006, 7:46 pm - IP Logged

I would do it in a heartbeat, but that data is not available anywhere.

Wow - Interesting...Well, that settles that. Thanks anyway Todd - for eveything. 

Legend says that The Craggy One was once asked about the Lottery Circle and the aged Lottery LoreKeeper whispered in his gravelly eloquence,"It is known among our kind that 2 successive draws are in reality the 2 center-points of 2 intersecting circles that share a common radius - a Root Center. This Vesica Piscis is the creative womb for all numbers, the Still Point from which two draws will unite & a new one is born. This "perfect" space is a wormhole through Time(Change). Master its proportions & your numerical predictions will not falter". 

twisted's avatar - underground
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #2376
        September 25, 2003
        582 Posts
        Posted: December 28, 2006, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

Well this information is readily available for Powerball.  Just go to http://www.powerball.com/powerball/pb_nbr_history.asp  and click on "Click here for information in the Microsoft Word format" or "Click here for the winning numbers in plain-text format." 

But I dont think this information makes much of a difference.  When you're looking at a game with 1 in 146,107,962.00 odds, you need A LOT of drawings to look through to even notice a tiny pattern (if there's even a pattern). 

I was not able to make much of this information but I hope someone else has better luck with it. 

user044's avatar - Lottery-016.jpg
          Upstate New York
          United States
          Member #48358
          December 23, 2006
          152 Posts
          Posted: December 28, 2006, 8:02 pm - IP Logged

This is something that I have been interested in in the past. Some states do offer the results "as they fell" on their web site while others do not. My home state of New York does not, however, the results are listed in the local paper as they are drawn and could possibly be gathered from the papers archives or perhaps the local library on microfiche-something I've put off doing. Might possibly be a good resource to find the results for other states also?  Im new to the board and have not even developed a good strategy for the pick 3 yet let alone pick 5 so I havent really delved into it that deep yet but I do believe "the numbers as they fell would prove a valuable resource.

Great forum guys. I come here almost daily and enjoy the reads from all of ya's. Thanks for the opportunity to be a small part

Jeff

Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23260 Posts
            Posted: December 28, 2006, 8:02 pm - IP Logged

Well this information is readily available for Powerball.  Just go to http://www.powerball.com/powerball/pb_nbr_history.asp  and click on "Click here for information in the Microsoft Word format" or "Click here for the winning numbers in plain-text format." 

But I dont think this information makes much of a difference.  When you're looking at a game with 1 in 146,107,962.00 odds, you need A LOT of drawings to look through to even notice a tiny pattern (if there's even a pattern). 

I was not able to make much of this information but I hope someone else has better luck with it. 

Yes, I do know of a few games here and there with availability of draw-order data.  I am probably aware of more sources of lottery data than most people.  I was talking about enough games being available to make it worthwhile to put the effort into it.

Many people do consider the draw order important, and to the contrary the small odds may increase the need for any advantage possible, including draw-order data. 

Kola's avatar - image
              Blundering Time Traveler

United States
              Member #28945
              December 25, 2005
              1527 Posts
              Posted: December 28, 2006, 8:03 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Twisted. You've made me a happy man . Or rather happier man:-). The difference it can make depends on the method or system you use, so a lot of drawings may not be neccesary. Maybe just the last 2 to produce the next.

Again, Thanks so much.

Kola's avatar - image
                Blundering Time Traveler

United States
                Member #28945
                December 25, 2005
                1527 Posts
                Posted: December 28, 2006, 8:13 pm - IP Logged

This is something that I have been interested in in the past. Some states do offer the results "as they fell" on their web site while others do not. My home state of New York does not, however, the results are listed in the local paper as they are drawn and could possibly be gathered from the papers archives or perhaps the local library on microfiche-something I've put off doing. Might possibly be a good resource to find the results for other states also?  Im new to the board and have not even developed a good strategy for the pick 3 yet let alone pick 5 so I havent really delved into it that deep yet but I do believe "the numbers as they fell would prove a valuable resource.

Great forum guys. I come here almost daily and enjoy the reads from all of ya's. Thanks for the opportunity to be a small part

Jeff

Only been playing Lotto for a year, and I'm conditioned to read results on the Web. I wrongly assumed that the  newspapers mimicked these.

Thanks Jeff.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19817 Posts
                  Posted: December 28, 2006, 8:18 pm - IP Logged

Kola writes:
                  "In my opinion, I think that figuring out the Pick 5, Pick 6, Pick 10,  PowerBall and Mega-Ball would be greatly aided by looking at the exact order of how the numbers actually fell, as opposed to looking at them in ascending order."

I once tried to record that information about the Ohio lotteries but it required me to tape or watch each drawing and after a while I decided it was more work than it was worth.  If you think that information would have some value you might try doing that, it you win big then your efforts will not have been in vein.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Kola's avatar - image
                    Blundering Time Traveler

United States
                    Member #28945
                    December 25, 2005
                    1527 Posts
                    Posted: December 28, 2006, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

I think I would just need maybe 20 - 25 draws to test system.  After that, more draws would be good, but may not be neccessary to find nuances and refine.

Thanks RJOh

Sunny California
                      United States
                      Member #40295
                      May 31, 2006
                      7712 Posts
                      Posted: December 28, 2006, 9:57 pm - IP Logged

Kola,I know that the CA.Fantasy 5 past results that can be downloaded from the official site are not in order. Now I'm not sure if they are in the exact order that they were drawn but I know for a fact they are all jumbled up.

Kola's avatar - image
                        Blundering Time Traveler

United States
                        Member #28945
                        December 25, 2005
                        1527 Posts
                        Posted: December 28, 2006, 11:07 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Lottolaughs! I'll check it out pronto.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                          Zeta Reticuli Star System
                          United States
                          Member #30470
                          January 17, 2006
                          10345 Posts
                          Posted: December 28, 2006, 11:10 pm - IP Logged

Kola

For almost six months, night by night, I tracked the Illinois Little Lotto like that. 

I was hoping to see a pattern show itself so I could maybe figure out something like a base number, then do something like this:

base  +11  - 4   + 12  + 2   - 6

Never got that far, no such pattern ever showed. It's been my experience that 5 and 6 number games are just not that consistent when it comes to showing such a pattern.  

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Chief Bottle Washer
                            New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #1
                            May 31, 2000
                            23260 Posts
                            Posted: December 28, 2006, 11:32 pm - IP Logged

Only been playing Lotto for a year, and I'm conditioned to read results on the Web. I wrongly assumed that the  newspapers mimicked these.

Thanks Jeff.

Unfortunately newspapers publish incorrect results way too many times. They are probably the least reliable way to get the results.

Kola's avatar - image
                              Blundering Time Traveler

United States
                              Member #28945
                              December 25, 2005
                              1527 Posts
                              Posted: December 29, 2006, 12:09 am - IP Logged

Kola

For almost six months, night by night, I tracked the Illinois Little Lotto like that. 

I was hoping to see a pattern show itself so I could maybe figure out something like a base number, then do something like this:

base  +11  - 4   + 12  + 2   - 6

Never got that far, no such pattern ever showed. It's been my experience that 5 and 6 number games are just not that consistent when it comes to showing such a pattern.  

Six months night by night!? Good passion.

Yes it can be challenging to see a pattern, but then again, that depends on what 'eyes' you are using to see the pattern, and by what method/system.

Your base number workout above may yet prove viable if you continue to tweak it. Maybe not.

When I speak of patterns, I'm speaking of putting the various lotto games through a specific system first and when it goes through the system, patterns and specific numbers will emerge over and over and over again.  The numbers are so dynamic that patterns may have no choice but to emerge.  We've already seen how the Pick 3 and Pick 4 follow patterns,  the bigger games are also subject to their own as well. Its just that to see and deal with more numbers are always intimidating. We shouldn't get TOO distracted by it , but we easily and understandably do.  

I hope your STILL chomping at the bit with these bigger games though.