Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:22 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ohio Rolling Cash 5: $616,000

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Stack47.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
ohiopick3's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
Ohio
United States
Member #3023
December 14, 2003
4166 Posts
Posted: December 29, 2006, 8:34 pm - IP Logged

Sort of makes you wonder now? $616,000 Jackpot for a 5 of 39 draw!

You would think there could be multiple winners for Saturday's Drawing?

But, I'm sure that many players thought that tonight with a $507,000 Jackpot?

I did, and played "lightly". It will rise again, so don't bet the "ranch" tomorrow. 

Good Fortune to "All" that Play for Saturday's nice year ending Jackpot amount! 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19826 Posts
    Posted: December 29, 2006, 9:17 pm - IP Logged

I've been chasing this jackpot since it went above $250,000 and doing worst every drawing.  Before tonight I played the 25 lines I posted on the prediction board and the best I could do was match two three times for $3.  Tonight I did even worst when I played the 18 lines I posted and matched 2 once for $1.

You don't see many lotteries that have a prize that pays more than it would cost to buy every possible combinations these days.  I may skip MegaMillions tonight and put it all on RC5 tomorrow.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
      Member #4877
      May 30, 2004
      5120 Posts
      Posted: December 29, 2006, 11:47 pm - IP Logged

It's not fixed???

RJoh.....................HA$$$$$$$$$$$NAILEDDDDDDDthis WON!!!!!

Thank$...Rjoh!!

for your work$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ in PICK-5.........in 2006!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somewhat LIKE YOU & MANY of U$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

We search for ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,SOFTWARE & SYSTEM$$$$$$$$

to PULL us THRUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu??????????????

Sorry too say "YOU" rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr vageeeeeeeee

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&UNDERCOVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!wishUbest2007

PSYKOMO 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19826 Posts
        Posted: December 30, 2006, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

I predict RC5 will be won tonight and not by me, I hope I'm only half right.

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7310 Posts
          Posted: December 30, 2006, 1:46 pm - IP Logged

Sort of makes you wonder now? $616,000 Jackpot for a 5 of 39 draw!

You would think there could be multiple winners for Saturday's Drawing?

But, I'm sure that many players thought that tonight with a $507,000 Jackpot?

I did, and played "lightly". It will rise again, so don't bet the "ranch" tomorrow. 

Good Fortune to "All" that Play for Saturday's nice year ending Jackpot amount! 

If you compare the RC5 to a dollar scratch off, you get more for your buck so people are buying 5 auto picks.

"Sort of makes you wonder now?"

The jackpot was $619,000 on September 2, 2006 and probably for the same reason; no randomly generated auto picks matched the drawn numbers. Either somebody will get lucky and buy the right auto pick tonight or the jackpot will be over 700 grand on Monday.

There are 575,757 possible combinations so it depends on how many auto picks are bought.

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7310 Posts
            Posted: December 30, 2006, 2:15 pm - IP Logged

RJOh,

I've read where you have a system that costs about $20 to play and I have something that you might consider. Have you ever thought about keying on only 3 numbers and playing those 3 numbers with the other 36 numbers at a cost of $18?

You can get something back even if none of your 3 numbers are drawn, you still can win a buck. If only 1 number is drawn, you are guaranteed at least 2 bucks with a possibility of $10.

Having 2 of your numbers drawn is when it starts getting interesting. The worst you can do is getting 2 $10 winners and 16 $1 winners or you could have 1 $300 winner and 17 $1 winners. Hit all three of you numbers and you are guaranteed 2 $300 winners with 16 $10 winners or get lucky and catch all 5.

Not a bad play especially when the jackpot is over $250,000.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19826 Posts
              Posted: December 30, 2006, 4:39 pm - IP Logged

Stack,

I usually spend $10-$20 but I would spend more if I had more to lose.  My system is limited by what I can afford to lose.  Using the prediction board I have tested many scenarios and haven't found one that works consistently better than any other, I'm beginning to think winning anything more than $1 or $2 is a matter of luck if you only spend $10-$20. 

Good luck if you pick your numbers that way.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19826 Posts
                Posted: December 30, 2006, 9:43 pm - IP Logged

I predict RC5 will be won tonight and not by me, I hope I'm only half right.

My prediction was half right, I didn't win RC5 and neither did anyone else.  It rolled to over $700K, so I'll give it another try next year. 

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19826 Posts
                  Posted: December 30, 2006, 9:52 pm - IP Logged

RJOh,

I've read where you have a system that costs about $20 to play and I have something that you might consider. Have you ever thought about keying on only 3 numbers and playing those 3 numbers with the other 36 numbers at a cost of $18?

You can get something back even if none of your 3 numbers are drawn, you still can win a buck. If only 1 number is drawn, you are guaranteed at least 2 bucks with a possibility of $10.

Having 2 of your numbers drawn is when it starts getting interesting. The worst you can do is getting 2 $10 winners and 16 $1 winners or you could have 1 $300 winner and 17 $1 winners. Hit all three of you numbers and you are guaranteed 2 $300 winners with 16 $10 winners or get lucky and catch all 5.

Not a bad play especially when the jackpot is over $250,000.

Ohio RC5 is a 5/39 game.  Using three of the numbers as key numbers leave 36 numbers for 630 combinations of twos.  If one of the key numbers is not one of the winning numbers then your chances of matching 2 are 10/630. If one of them is then your chances of matching 2 are 1/18 and matching 3 are 6/630.  Your chances of matching 2 are 1/10 normally without a strategy.

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #32652
                    February 14, 2006
                    7310 Posts
                    Posted: December 31, 2006, 12:52 am - IP Logged

Ohio RC5 is a 5/39 game.  Using three of the numbers as key numbers leave 36 numbers for 630 combinations of twos.  If one of the key numbers is not one of the winning numbers then your chances of matching 2 are 10/630. If one of them is then your chances of matching 2 are 1/18 and matching 3 are 6/630.  Your chances of matching 2 are 1/10 normally without a strategy.

For $630 you would win the jackpot IF all 3 of your key numbers hit, but I was talking about only using each of the other 36 number once with 3 key numbers for a total of $18. The idea here is to hit the 3 key numbers with a small chance (3%) of hitting the jackpot for an amount of money that is reasonable. I'm not saying this is the best play on an $18 budget.

I talked to a guy tonight that played 20 auto picks and only got a buck back.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19826 Posts
                      Posted: December 31, 2006, 11:42 am - IP Logged

For $630 you would win the jackpot IF all 3 of your key numbers hit, but I was talking about only using each of the other 36 number once with 3 key numbers for a total of $18. The idea here is to hit the 3 key numbers with a small chance (3%) of hitting the jackpot for an amount of money that is reasonable. I'm not saying this is the best play on an $18 budget.

I talked to a guy tonight that played 20 auto picks and only got a buck back.

IF is the key word and random element in all the different strategies used to play lotteries.  Ohio Rolling Cash5 has had 700 drawings since it started 10/04/2004.  In the last 500 drawings the following happened:

1. Eight of those drawings didn't have a number from the previous seven drawings.
                      2. In seven of those drawing all 5 winning numbers were from the previous four drawings.
                      3. Ten of those drawings had three numbers from the previous drawing.
                      4. Eight of those drawings had all even numbers.
                      5. Twelve of those drawings had all odd numbers.

IF #1. was true next time then I could pick the winning numbers from a group of 17 numbers.

IF #2. was true next time then I could pick the winning numbers from a group of 16 numbers.

IF #3. was true next time then I could win $10 by buying a $1 ticket with the most recent combination of 09 23 30 31 36 or a $1000 by buying 100 of these tickets.  Or I could use all 10 combinations of threes as key numbers and play all 630 combinations for each set and win the $700K+ jackpot plus numerous smaller prizes totaling close to $1M.

IF #4. was true next time then I could pick the winning numbers from a group of 19 numbers.

IF #5. was true next time then I could pick the winning numbers from a group of 20 numbers.

I have a lot of facts and figures but I don't know IF any of them will be true for the next drawing so the odds are I would probably do just as well or bad playing 10 QPs, but I'm a system player and don't think that way.

Evil Looking       

Bradly_60's avatar - disney37
                        Atlantic Mine, Michigan
                        United States
                        Member #416
                        June 23, 2002
                        1614 Posts
                        Posted: January 2, 2007, 3:56 pm - IP Logged

Interesting......

With the jackpot of almost $850,000 and odds of getting it 1 in 575757 now would definetly be a good time to play!

Brad

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19826 Posts
                          Posted: January 2, 2007, 4:30 pm - IP Logged

I played the 20 lines I posted on the prediction board yesterday and got back 11 of the $20 I spent so I will probably play again today.  I'll probably pick some combinations using some of those observations I mentioned in my earlier post.  Good luck if you play too.

Evil Looking       

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
                            Beautiful Florida
                            United States
                            Member #5709
                            July 18, 2004
                            20115 Posts
                            Posted: January 2, 2007, 5:19 pm - IP Logged

IF is the key word and random element in all the different strategies used to play lotteries.  Ohio Rolling Cash5 has had 700 drawings since it started 10/04/2004.  In the last 500 drawings the following happened:

1. Eight of those drawings didn't have a number from the previous seven drawings.
                            2. In seven of those drawing all 5 winning numbers were from the previous four drawings.

IF #1. was true next time then I could pick the winning numbers from a group of 17 numbers.

IF #2. was true next time then I could pick the winning numbers from a group of 16 numbers.

IF #3. was true next time then I could win $10 by buying a $1 ticket with the most recent combination of 09 23 30 31 36 or a $1000 by buying 100 of these tickets.  Or I could use all 10 combinations of threes as key numbers and play all 630 combinations for each set and win the $700K+ jackpot plus numerous smaller prizes totaling close to $1M.

IF #4. was true next time then I could pick the winning numbers from a group of 19 numbers.

IF #5. was true next time then I could pick the winning numbers from a group of 20 numbers.

I have a lot of facts and figures but I don't know IF any of them will be true for the next drawing so the odds are I would probably do just as well or bad playing 10 QPs, but I'm a system player and don't think that way.

I think I'd go with #2 and go after the jackpot from these numbers..

Either way RJOH, good luck tonight...!

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

Kentucky
                              United States
                              Member #32652
                              February 14, 2006
                              7310 Posts
                              Posted: January 2, 2007, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

RJ,

I have some comments I wanted to make yesterday but decided to wait until this huge Jackpot is hit because I didn't want to vibrate any bad karma. I'd like to hear your opinions on keying on 3 numbers and playing the 18 combinations with them.