Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:14 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ohio Rolling Cash 5: $616,000

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Stack47.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19818 Posts
Posted: January 2, 2007, 7:28 pm - IP Logged

Last night I also noticed that all 5 winning numbers hit in the previous eleven drawings only once.  All the winning numbers hitting only once in the previous drawings before all five have hit has only happened 27 times since this lottery started.  Usually only three of the winning numbers have that profile 48% of the time.  I set my RNG to pick such combinations but it was so slow I abandoned the idea and just stucked with #1 and #2.

Stack, keying on three numbers is too limiting for me, I would never key on more than two numbers if that many.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19818 Posts
    Posted: January 3, 2007, 1:10 pm - IP Logged

Last night I also noticed that all 5 winning numbers hit in the previous eleven drawings only once.  All the winning numbers hitting only once in the previous drawings before all five have hit has only happened 27 times since this lottery started.  Usually only three of the winning numbers have that profile 48% of the time.  I set my RNG to pick such combinations but it was so slow I abandoned the idea and just stucked with #1 and #2.

Stack, keying on three numbers is too limiting for me, I would never key on more than two numbers if that many.

Stack,

While I don't key on three numbers statically, I have keyed on three numbers dynamically.  In my RNG, I can divided the pool of numbers into two groups and color code the key group red and make sure some of them are in every combination. For example Rolling Cash have 39 numbers and I might want to have at least three of the numbers from a group of 10 in every combination so I can set my RNG to pick at least three from the red group in every combinations or I can view the combinations as they come up and if I don't see enough red I can reject them.

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      7297 Posts
      Posted: January 4, 2007, 5:02 pm - IP Logged

RJ,

It depends on how many combinations you need to play to consistently catch 5 and how much it cost to play. Even an 18 number wheel with a win guarantee of catch 5, hit 3, has about 30 combinations so you could catch all 5 numbers and only get back $12. A full 18 number wheel has 8568 combinations but a good filtering method can greatly reduce the cost providing of course the filters fall within the parameters of the numbers drawn. If they don’t, you could still find yourself in the red after correctly picking 5 out of 18 numbers. 

The one thing I did notice about keying on 3 numbers and playing them at the reduced 18 combinations, catching all 3 numbers would guarantee $760 and at the least $36 if 2 of the numbers hit. And this would give about 7 weeks worth of play to stay in the black. 

By the way, did you see where Ohio’s new 6/49 Lotto game will be drawn 3 days a week? Bet they put the Kicker on it.

United States
        Member #48083
        December 9, 2006
        6 Posts
        Posted: January 5, 2007, 1:33 am - IP Logged

Somehow, I doubt they will add the Kicker to Classic Lotto. Even though it's the same matrix as the Super Lotto Plus was, the Lottery seems to be be promoting it as less of the big jackpot game that the old Super Lotto was, since most of that game's jackpot-seeking base seems to have shifted to the Mega Millions, which seems to go well with the Kicker. I think they're going to let Classic Lotto stand as its own game, but I think it will do very well, compared to how Lot o' Play's been going... eugh.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19818 Posts
          Posted: January 5, 2007, 2:34 am - IP Logged

I could see them adding the KICKER to Classic Lotto and keeping it with MegaMillions too.

I think it's a no brainer that Classic Lotto will do better than Lot,O Play, it's a better game for the regular lottery player who likes to pick his own numbers.

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7297 Posts
            Posted: January 10, 2007, 2:33 pm - IP Logged

I could see them adding the KICKER to Classic Lotto and keeping it with MegaMillions too.

I think it's a no brainer that Classic Lotto will do better than Lot,O Play, it's a better game for the regular lottery player who likes to pick his own numbers.

Match *Expected Winners*Estimated
            Prize
            Current Prize
            Match 4 0f 538$8,770$1,000
            Match 3 of 53,547$90$10
            Match 2 of 590,447$4$2

*Final low-tier prize payouts will be determined by dividing the number of winning tickets at each prize level into 33.3% of the cash-value payout.

Lot O' Play's last draw should get record play because of the "must win", rolling the probable $4 million into the secondary prizes if nobody has the 5 correct numbers. It would be a nice time to hit 4 out of 5 or even 3.