Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

POLL: Jinxes

Topic closed. 29 replies. Last post 10 years ago by guesser.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Do you believe some people are ust jinxed

Definitely [ 20 ]  [42.55%]
I feel that I am [ 5 ]  [10.64%]
I've known at least one [ 5 ]  [10.64%]
No [ 14 ]  [29.79%]
Other- explain if you will [ 3 ]  [6.38%]
Total Valid Votes [ 47 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
LottoChica23's avatar - Aquarius
Fughedaboutit (NY)
United States
Member #8160
October 26, 2004
6777 Posts
Posted: January 12, 2007, 6:47 pm - IP Logged

I voted "other" because I think we bring jinxes upon ourselves just as we bring good fortune.  Once you give credit to a jinx, you're jinxed.

ITA, If you speak a thing into exixtence, then it will be.

I am LUCKY, I AM LUCKY, I AM LUCKY... Yes Nod

Matrix Chart Instructions--> http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/191818 

check out mysticwomyn Announcers --> http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/140695/673306

You can judge the integrity of a man by the way he treats those that can do nothing for him...Thumbs Up

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
    Wandering Aimlessly
    United States
    Member #25360
    November 5, 2005
    4461 Posts
    Posted: January 12, 2007, 6:54 pm - IP Logged

"There is an incredibly easy solution for this: take Lenny with you, whatever he plays/picks, pick the opposite."

Sounds like my former days with the stock market.  Maybe we're related!

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
      FEMA Region V Camp #21
      United States
      Member #520
      July 27, 2002
      5699 Posts
      Posted: January 12, 2007, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

OK, re: jinxes, what about things like The Cover of Sports Illustrated jinx? (A tram that appers on the cover just prior to a championship, playoff, or Super Bowl, loses)

Or how many times have you heard an announcer say something like this - " Game tied, 4th quarter, 15 seconds left. Baltimore has never beaten the Pats when the game was tied in the 4th quart....it's up! It's good! The Ravens win!"

Or, the classic one about the announcer saying a picher has a no-hitter going and the very next pitch is a hit to break up the no-hitter!

Scared

And of coure, (Where's Rick G.?), the team with the most ex-Cubs on it loses the World Series!

Coin Toss, 

This is so true....how many times have we heard an announcer put the jinx on an athlete? 

"Here we are...she's trying for a triple sow-cow with a camel toe...she's had problems all week with it in practice...Ohhh, she slipped...this will cost her points."

The Cubs are a whole different story.  They need to make amends with a goat and a Greek Guy.  Their progeny is apparently cursed.  But the sports announcers never fail to bring that curse to the attention of the hopeful fans when the Cubs are in a position to win something.  "No soup for you!!!  Gyros with extra cucumber sauce...NEXT!!!"

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
        Member #47420
        November 4, 2006
        3930 Posts
        Posted: January 12, 2007, 7:25 pm - IP Logged

My best friend died a few years ago and he was a big loser..He blamed losing on jinxes..His so called lucky numbers were 358..On the first friday the 13th after he died I play 358 st box and it hit for 350.00..Thanks Larry you jinx..:).........

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
          Wisconsin
          United States
          Member #1303
          March 27, 2003
          1508 Posts
          Posted: January 12, 2007, 7:43 pm - IP Logged

I don't know that I believe in jinxes, but whenever I buy a ticket at the store, I really hope that the clerk doesn't say "Good luck ", because I swear, every time they do the ticket is a loser....and if they don't, it's a winner. Now if I could just put tape over their mouths before I buy the darn ticket !

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

CCHS13's avatar - chi jpeg.jpg
            Illinois
            United States
            Member #46704
            September 23, 2006
            3692 Posts
            Posted: January 12, 2007, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

OK, re: jinxes, what about things like The Cover of Sports Illustrated jinx? (A tram that appers on the cover just prior to a championship, playoff, or Super Bowl, loses)

Or how many times have you heard an announcer say something like this - " Game tied, 4th quarter, 15 seconds left. Baltimore has never beaten the Pats when the game was tied in the 4th quart....it's up! It's good! The Ravens win!"

Or, the classic one about the announcer saying a picher has a no-hitter going and the very next pitch is a hit to break up the no-hitter!

Scared

And of coure, (Where's Rick G.?), the team with the most ex-Cubs on it loses the World Series!

Or the one when a player is at the free throw line and the announcer

just praised how many free throws he has hit in a row and then  No No

Men Lie Women Lie Numbers Dont

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
              A long and winding road
              United States
              Member #17084
              June 10, 2005
              4523 Posts
              Posted: January 12, 2007, 10:01 pm - IP Logged

One of my co-workers is a Mr. Magoo type driver. Has NO awareness of other drivers, just goes along and probably pi**'s alot of other drivers off. YET, not ever has he been in an accident. Most would say he is dern lucky given his attitude of non chalent when on the road. I personally think if you are a driver on the road he is on, you are UNLUCKY. You;ll have the accident due to his carelessness in watching other drivers. Drifts into turning lanes...doesnt signal...

Your unluckiness has NOTHING to do with your attitude but everything to do with Mr Magoos attitude of indifference to other drivers. Sometimes your the windshield..sometimes your the bug....

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

Thanks be to the giving numbers: 1621,912,119 02014

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10347 Posts
                Posted: January 13, 2007, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

Rick G

"Here we are...she's trying for a triple sow-cow with a camel toe...she's had problems all week with it in practice...Ohhh, she slipped...this will cost her points."

You're killing me. You know somebody is going to come up with a camel toe system now.

Scared

Cubs, a black cat and Shea stadium come to mind.

Bang Head

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

LAVERNE MALONEY's avatar - smallgirl

United States
                  Member #1987
                  August 5, 2003
                  8968 Posts
                  Posted: January 14, 2007, 2:00 pm - IP Logged

Yes, there are definitely people who are jinxed.

Stay away from people who are deceptive, people who are always looking for or to create tension, friction & stress. Especially drama kings & queens.

When I uncover the above statements in someone or a group of people in general I get out from among them quickly & I don't look back.

Green laugh

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                    Wandering Aimlessly
                    United States
                    Member #25360
                    November 5, 2005
                    4461 Posts
                    Posted: January 14, 2007, 7:28 pm - IP Logged

I don't know why, but when I read this, I suddenly got an urge for a milk shake.  A triple sow-cow sounds like something you'd buy at Dairy Queen.

Shame on you guys!  Camel toe?  This is a family site!!

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                      Member #4877
                      May 30, 2004
                      5118 Posts
                      Posted: January 16, 2007, 4:11 am - IP Logged

OK, people who bet on numbers tend to believe in luck, gambling and sports are rampant with luck and superstitions, so for this poll let's just consider that a given.

But do you believe in jinxes, that some people are just flat unlucky or jinxed? 

JINKED.........................or...............otherwise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PSYKOMO.....................I$$$$$$$$$$$&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

0!0!0!0!0!0!0!0!0!0!0!0!(ooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!000000000!!!!!!!!!!!!)

GO........FISH!!!!

LOL

PSYKOMO 

United States
                        Member #41656
                        June 20, 2006
                        24 Posts
                        Posted: January 20, 2007, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

I voted "other" because I think we bring jinxes upon ourselves just as we bring good fortune.  Once you give credit to a jinx, you're jinxed.

..................ABSOLUTELY!!!

United States
                          Member #41656
                          June 20, 2006
                          24 Posts
                          Posted: January 23, 2007, 4:01 pm - IP Logged

Yes, there are definitely people who are jinxed.

Stay away from people who are deceptive, people who are always looking for or to create tension, friction & stress. Especially drama kings & queens.

When I uncover the above statements in someone or a group of people in general I get out from among them quickly & I don't look back.

Green laugh

...................ABSOLUTELY!!! AGAIN!!!

chasingadream's avatar - Archangel 01.jpg

United States
                            Member #38687
                            May 3, 2006
                            315 Posts
                            Posted: February 15, 2007, 6:57 pm - IP Logged

i don't believe ppl are jinxed ..... they just make alot of bad choices

Oogle  waiting patiently for my jackpot

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                              Member #41383
                              June 16, 2006
                              1969 Posts
                              Posted: February 16, 2007, 2:37 am - IP Logged

i don't believe ppl are jinxed ..... they just make alot of bad choices

and bad choices are caused by........... jinxes.