Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 8:34 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

if i won 315 million....the do's and the don'ts

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 10 years ago by ambelamba.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
NY
United States
Member #23835
October 16, 2005
3502 Posts
Posted: January 16, 2007, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

The problem is that winning that much money will make anybody a target, because being a target only requires that somebody take aim at you. People will take aim for two reasons. One is that they think you're an easy target, and the other is that they think you have deep pockets. I'm sure Jack was a target long before he won the money, just because he was an easy target. The money just made him an easy target with very deep pockets.

Money changes people, and you can be sued for anything. I've got no way of knowing if Jack did what he's been accused of, but I don't doubt that there are plenty of  people who would accuse me of things I didn't do, or try to take advantage in some other way in an effort to collect some money. They aren't people I know or spend time with, but if you win a big jackpot your chances of encountering people like that will go up. Jack could have been a choir boy, but simply being seen once in the supermarket could give somebody the chance to claim he had assaulted them. With Jack I'm guessing a jury would find it easier to believe the accuser more readily than they would believe  them if the claim was about  most of the people here, but winning increases your chances that a jury will be deciding who to believe.

concord NH
    United States
    Member #47249
    October 27, 2006
    22 Posts
    Posted: January 18, 2007, 5:29 am - IP Logged

secure the money first and then take off for a month or two...Getting everything in order and putting together a plan...i would purchase my main house a state over from where i live now...Below that house i would have a massive bomb shelter/vault...I would take 10 million of it and purchase gold bars/coins ...That way if an all out nuclear war happens(like i think it will in the next 6 years-thanks to the NWO)All the money in banks will be history...But gold will probably live on forever...I figure if i can live in my shelter/vault for 2 years until the air clears above, i will have plenty of bargaining power with the gold i have...Of course i will have to have plenty of fire power in the shelter also...

concord NH
      United States
      Member #47249
      October 27, 2006
      22 Posts
      Posted: January 18, 2007, 5:33 am - IP Logged

I dont follow trouble and trouble doesn't follow me.. When I hit the jackpot.. Life will not change for me...

After reading about Jack, it is easy to see that Trouble is his middle name.  Look at where he hung out.. 

yes it all about the Law of Attraction...LOA is an exact science...You can't hide from it...Jack got exactly what he was always thinking...If you think negitive, then it will happen...No way around it...

dumars798's avatar - batman17
        Atlanta
        United States
        Member #28656
        December 20, 2005
        5675 Posts
        Posted: January 18, 2007, 9:02 pm - IP Logged

Invest n retire asap!!!!!

Smart bets...... Equal Phat Pocket$!

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
          Tennessee
          United States
          Member #7853
          October 15, 2004
          11338 Posts
          Posted: February 17, 2007, 1:58 am - IP Logged

Invest n retire asap!!!!!

i agree!  and stay out of all the places that can suck you dry or drain you such as strip clubs and bars.no innuendos intendedLOL

Entertaiment Capital
            United States
            Member #37800
            April 19, 2006
            302 Posts
            Posted: February 17, 2007, 3:18 am - IP Logged

after reading about jack the unlucky 315 million dollar jackpot winner and richest ever winner who is now broke i have to say i have seen what a seedy lifestyle will do to those winnings.if i won 315 million i'd buy a house,a few nice cars,save and invest some,give a few family members a one time check,give some money to charity,go on a nice vacation and then finally sit down and figure out what i want to do to with my new job.that new job is managing hundreds of millions of dollars.i won't be an alcoholic,dopehead,hopeless gambler,easy mark for swindlers,shopaholic or sex addict.i'll try to keep any healthy vices to a nice moderation.Lovies

No.

I'd put almost all of the winning into the nestegg. Stocks, mutual funds, bonds, land properties such as preconstruction properties and income properties and so on.

You should give to charities and whatnot from the dividends that your nestegg produce, not from the original winnings. I'd maximize the growth of my assets and that would be the priority.