Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 6:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you have a system ?

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 10 years ago by guesser.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Have you run across a way to always get ONE of the PB numbers every drawing, guaranteed ?

Yes, 100% of the time [ 7 ]  [15.91%]
Yes, about 75% of the time [ 4 ]  [9.09%]
Yes, about 50% of the time [ 7 ]  [15.91%]
No [ 14 ]  [31.82%]
No, are you crazy ? [ 12 ]  [27.27%]
Total Valid Votes [ 44 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  
Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
Indiana
United States
Member #48725
January 7, 2007
1958 Posts
Posted: January 18, 2007, 6:49 pm - IP Logged

I don't think that "close" in the lottery means anything. You're either gonna hit what you got, or you don't.Cool

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
    Member #41383
    June 16, 2006
    1969 Posts
    Posted: January 19, 2007, 1:04 am - IP Logged

I don't think that "close" in the lottery means anything. You're either gonna hit what you got, or you don't.Cool

Man, I gotta explain everything...

I mean 'close' to a sure thing, ie; a single number you would pick over all other numbers for a calculated reason, etc.

We ALL have a given pool of numbers we each 'like', but is there one particular number you feel is a lock or near-lock ?

You are correct - you are either gonna hit it  -  or not, 'close' does not count. 

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
      Indiana
      United States
      Member #48725
      January 7, 2007
      1958 Posts
      Posted: January 19, 2007, 1:39 pm - IP Logged

That's not what I meant. What I meant was:  The PowerBall numbers on Wednesday were:

16 35 49 50 52 + 31

Lets say that someone got:

16 33 49 50 52 + 32

For that person to say "I was close" would have no credibility to me.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23351 Posts
        Posted: January 19, 2007, 2:07 pm - IP Logged

I answered "Yes". For both Powerball and Mega Millions I used a wheel that covers all the possible numbers, and guarantees at least one 0+1 hit, and always matches at least 2 white numbers in at least one ticket.

The wheel uses every Powerball (Mega Ball), which is why there is always a 0+1 hit.

Most times when I play that wheel I get a bigger prize than 0+1. I have gotten 3+1 hits, and a couple of 4+0 hits. (They were posted on Lottery Post, including ticket scans of the winners.)

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
          Member #41383
          June 16, 2006
          1969 Posts
          Posted: January 19, 2007, 2:43 pm - IP Logged

That's not what I meant. What I meant was:  The PowerBall numbers on Wednesday were:

16 35 49 50 52 + 31

Lets say that someone got:

16 33 49 50 52 + 32

For that person to say "I was close" would have no credibility to me.

They would have credibility to me, but, you missed my point also.

I'm pretty close to giving up, so far nobody gets what I asked, everyone responds with basically a pool of numbers or a set of numbers to wheel, I'm not asking about a pool or a wheel set....

sfilippo's avatar - skull
            Oklahoma
            United States
            Member #33770
            February 24, 2006
            3146 Posts
            Posted: January 23, 2007, 3:35 am - IP Logged

I know what you're talking about, guesser.

Do you want to know what the workout looks like for correctly selecting one white ball number?

And I'm guessing you want to know if it actually works over half the time as well.

I don't have a workout like that, but I understand what you're asking.

Smiley Steve

Shawnintennesse's avatar - British Pint_414_.jpg
              Springfield,Ohio
              United States
              Member #14006
              April 19, 2005
              3972 Posts
              Posted: January 23, 2007, 12:42 pm - IP Logged

The Powerball is computerized.

So no there is no true way.

You just play and hope for the best..:) 

If it weren't for Vtracs and STXS where would we be?

United States
                Member #41383
                June 16, 2006
                1969 Posts
                Posted: January 24, 2007, 1:14 am - IP Logged

1) Enlighten us - how is it computerized ?

2) You mean YOU don't have a way of picking a certain number with a better-than-50% chance of hitting.  That's OK, most folks don't, I don't, but I had a way to pick one number with 90% accuracy - up until about a month ago.  That just proves that trends come and go all the time. 

United States
                  Member #41383
                  June 16, 2006
                  1969 Posts
                  Posted: January 24, 2007, 1:15 am - IP Logged

I know what you're talking about, guesser.

Do you want to know what the workout looks like for correctly selecting one white ball number?

And I'm guessing you want to know if it actually works over half the time as well.

I don't have a workout like that, but I understand what you're asking.

Nah, I don't want to see anyone's workout or theories, I was just curious if anyone HAD a workout or theory that was accurate, that's all.

LottoL's avatar - techno eye.jpg
                    Texas
                    United States
                    Member #33719
                    February 24, 2006
                    705 Posts
                    Posted: January 24, 2007, 2:53 am - IP Logged

1) Enlighten us - how is it computerized ?

2) You mean YOU don't have a way of picking a certain number with a better-than-50% chance of hitting.  That's OK, most folks don't, I don't, but I had a way to pick one number with 90% accuracy - up until about a month ago.  That just proves that trends come and go all the time. 

Based on my analysis, generally speaking, since most numbers recycle over a similar period
                    of time, I would suggest that there is a way of predicting two numbers with a relative degree
                    of accuracy that you mention.  The problem most people have is a timing issue--you know
                    certain numbers are coming, you just don't know when; consequently, in my opinion, the 10%
                    error factor that you mention seems to be in play every draw.......and this can be a costly error factor - especially if your wheeling numbers.

Don't give up . . . some one once told me that persistence always pays off!!
                    WHEN . . . I don't know! 

Best Of Luck,

LottoL

United States
                      Member #41383
                      June 16, 2006
                      1969 Posts
                      Posted: January 24, 2007, 2:55 pm - IP Logged

Based on my analysis, generally speaking, since most numbers recycle over a similar period
                      of time, I would suggest that there is a way of predicting two numbers with a relative degree
                      of accuracy that you mention.  The problem most people have is a timing issue--you know
                      certain numbers are coming, you just don't know when; consequently, in my opinion, the 10%
                      error factor that you mention seems to be in play every draw.......and this can be a costly error factor - especially if your wheeling numbers.

Don't give up . . . some one once told me that persistence always pays off!!
                      WHEN . . . I don't know! 

Best Of Luck,

LottoL

Yes, on that theory, we could have played WB #25 since it became 'due', and just play it forever, it didn't hit until it was 72 games old.

So when is 'due' ?

Some say anything over 20 games is 'due', some say 30 games, some say 35 games..... #25 hits at 72, so there is at least 37 games where you don't hit it....... but also keep in mind they draw 5 WB's per game, so in theory #25 did not hit in 360 draws.  Wow.

Right now, #47 has not hit in 38 games, #20 - 39 games, #37 - 57 games, chances are #47 or #20 will also fall to 60th or so, so is there something in play that makes you want to pick one of those to hit over the other one ?

And also, both WB #3 and #4 have not hit in 31 games. It is VERY RARE that TWO numbers from the same position sink past about 25, yet here we have 2 of them, is one of them 'due' ?   I would think so, but........ when ?