Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:25 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What software do you use and why..

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 10 years ago by RJOh.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
Dump Water Florida
United States
Member #380
June 5, 2002
3102 Posts
Posted: January 25, 2007, 2:53 am - IP Logged

I suspect most retail lottery software has two sources.  A commercial attempt to make a profit off lottery players by selling them software.  Or a computer programmer who decided to put skills to use in winning the lottery and when that failed, selling the resulting software.

To program software to correctly predict winning lottery numbers you first have to know how to predict them yourself.

It figures anyone who invented a winning system or software owns their own island by now and isn't selling it for $9.95 on ebay.

This leaves things that might work some of the time when your fairy godmother is on the job. 

We have to accept a winning lottery system will fail the scientific method as the results won't be reproducable in the lab.  There would have to be hundreds of possible generated suggested paths one or more of which might work each draw. 

For example, such a program might look at the last 100 draws, the last 10 draws and try to extrapolate the next logical step in 12, 18 or 24  numbers to wheel, perhaps in a front loaded  Wheel where the first 12 numbers are 5if6, with the 18 number 4if6 built around it and a 24 number 3if5of6 built arould that.

The odds of having all 6 winning numbers among any 24 of 49 is roughly 1 in 100 tries so successful prediction would have to improve on that.

BobP

United States
    Member #2460
    October 7, 2003
    766 Posts
    Posted: January 25, 2007, 4:35 am - IP Logged

Bob

I can't say that I know much at all about jackpot games prediction at this time yet, but pick 3 prediction

appears to be easier for me to study and do.

If I had only been a computer programmer myself.....

You do appear to be right.

Good luck.

Fernando. 

EXCALIBUR is no more that "Handle" is dead, gone.
    Maybe sometime in the future I might come back as LANTERN again, but maybe not, if I don't come back as LANTERN in the future then I won't come back at all, but as I said there is no more EXCALIBUR.

Fibonacci's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
      New York, NY
      United States
      Member #39471
      May 16, 2006
      2696 Posts
      Posted: January 25, 2007, 7:05 am - IP Logged

I agree with Todd that Excel is a great tool, not to mention that it's simple and widely available.

However (and mayube strictly speaking computer purists mayargue over it) but at the end of the day Lottery Post is the greatest "software" out there. I say this in all seriousness.

LP, in conjunction with paurth's P3 and P4 tool  can work magic. Then there is ProFilter--a great prog qwritten by a former LP-er.

For the software packages out there I find  Lotto Buster is useful. 

I wouldn't encourage anyone to buy any software package out there. Honestly if you cannot get results with LP tools nothing out there will do better.

So the ranking is:

1. Lottery Post (Todd') Tools. Absolutely essential.

2. Paurth's P3 and P4 ranking tools. Don't underestimate them. (Yes, they're limited but still very useful)

2A. Pro-Filter. Great for Pairs analysis/filtering 

3. Lottery Buster. If you need to try something out there.  

$$$

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7298 Posts
        Posted: January 25, 2007, 2:34 pm - IP Logged

IMO, there are too many intangibles for a computer system of any kind.  It CAN be done, but the number of tables needed if you were to do it in,say, MS Access, would be in the high-hundreds.   But that's just my opinion.

That said, 70% of all jackpot winners are quick-picks, largely because 70% of all ticket sales are - quick-picks. 

When the lottos first started they always interviewed the jackpot winners and asked how they picked the numbers. Today the only information you get is where the ticket was sold. I've always thought "70% of all ticket sales are - quick-picks" is low especially when the jackpots are high.

United States
          Member #35937
          March 25, 2006
          3 Posts
          Posted: February 21, 2007, 1:58 am - IP Logged

Microsoft Excel, a yellow legal pad, and a calculator.

My most important computer program is my yellow legal pad, I couldn't play without it. 

great thought on this ...never thought of programming in excel and could you relate on how to go about writing one.I'm not too computer savy but I'm familiar with built in functions as if logical statemnets and so forth.if you would give me a rundown on how to get stated sort of a walk through so to speak.........thanks curious one

cybercity's avatar - Yavill
            Japan
            Japan
            Member #50298
            March 3, 2007
            9 Posts
            Posted: March 3, 2007, 12:14 pm - IP Logged

Hello ...everybody...I'm new here.

Anyway...I've been using Prof Jones software in conjunction with my own system for pick 3/4 lottery . It is productive. Sorry...but for some obvious reason I refuse to say which state I'm playing. I 've also met some professional  pick 3/4 players but obviously they refuse to share their prediction techniques nor the software they use.

Pick 3/4 can be predicted as long as you keep an open mind. Nothing is impossible...it is all in your mind.

Good Day... 

bigdaddy's avatar - aviator2 1.jpg
              BETWEEN OAKRIDGE AND WRIGHT-PATTERSON AFB
              United States
              Member #1647
              June 10, 2003
              2211 Posts
              Posted: March 3, 2007, 8:30 pm - IP Logged

a scientific calculator pen and paper and a carefully researched pi formula...

Relax,Bigdaddy has your number!!!!!

Pi is the way...

turning $30 or less into thousands everyday!!

here we go steelers ..here we go---------stairway to seven 

TIME FOR THE LOMBARDI TROPHY TO  COME  HOME..

MegaWinner's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #50273
                March 3, 2007
                348 Posts
                Posted: March 8, 2007, 4:29 pm - IP Logged

I am trying some bare bones methods.  I guess I should try some of the software mentioned in this thread.

tycho's avatar - balar crowned.png
                  Seattle, Wa
                  United States
                  Member #51070
                  March 26, 2007
                  1 Posts
                  Posted: March 26, 2007, 10:08 pm - IP Logged

I suspect most retail lottery software has two sources.  A commercial attempt to make a profit off lottery players by selling them software.  Or a computer programmer who decided to put skills to use in winning the lottery and when that failed, selling the resulting software.

To program software to correctly predict winning lottery numbers you first have to know how to predict them yourself.

It figures anyone who invented a winning system or software owns their own island by now and isn't selling it for $9.95 on ebay.

This leaves things that might work some of the time when your fairy godmother is on the job. 

We have to accept a winning lottery system will fail the scientific method as the results won't be reproducable in the lab.  There would have to be hundreds of possible generated suggested paths one or more of which might work each draw. 

For example, such a program might look at the last 100 draws, the last 10 draws and try to extrapolate the next logical step in 12, 18 or 24  numbers to wheel, perhaps in a front loaded  Wheel where the first 12 numbers are 5if6, with the 18 number 4if6 built around it and a 24 number 3if5of6 built arould that.

The odds of having all 6 winning numbers among any 24 of 49 is roughly 1 in 100 tries so successful prediction would have to improve on that.

BobP

Why not start up an open source lotto system project with an interdisciplinary group to oversee the features and updates to the program. This would eliminate the greedy software sales approach, and insure that the system ends up as top quality program period.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19823 Posts
                    Posted: March 26, 2007, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

Why not start up an open source lotto system project with an interdisciplinary group to oversee the features and updates to the program. This would eliminate the greedy software sales approach, and insure that the system ends up as top quality program period.

Sounds like a fine idea, all you need now to eliminate the greedy software sales approach is a bunch of skilled programmers willing to follow your instructions and work for nothing.  Good luck.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking