Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 9:19 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Can Anyone Rig the Lottery?

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 10 years ago by guesser.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #24439
October 22, 2005
638 Posts
Posted: January 20, 2007, 8:49 pm - IP Logged

I have been working on a new system that seem to have the best potential so far. 

I was just wondering if the lottery operators can rig their own lottery and how could it be done.

Lottery is a business and would like to make money therefore losing is good for business.

Can someone match all numbers and they redo the drawing for a different set of numbers.

Morrison, IL
    United States
    Member #4657
    May 13, 2004
    1884 Posts
    Posted: January 20, 2007, 8:58 pm - IP Logged

It could be possible to rig the lottery if they didn't have their own safeguards, but then nobody would play if it could be rigged that easily. Also, the big games such as Powerball or Mega Millions don't have to rig the lottery to have "good business" because they already stacked the odds high enough in their favor for there to be plenty of losers.

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
      Indiana
      United States
      Member #48725
      January 7, 2007
      1953 Posts
      Posted: January 20, 2007, 9:08 pm - IP Logged

Well it is "possible", but over the years I think it has become less and less frequent since the security of the lottery has been tightened a bit. PowerBall does have unofficial drawings prior to the official drawing to make sure the machine is working and what not, but once they have done the official drawing they CANNOT do another drawing. Of course if you're one of those loony conspiracy type of people, I guess you could argue that the double digit balls weight more than the single digit balls because the paint itself does have weight.Green laugh

United States
        Member #29417
        January 1, 2006
        355 Posts
        Posted: January 20, 2007, 9:25 pm - IP Logged

PokeDo you honestly believe that anyone here will have that answer for you? especially in an open public forum like this one at the LP? Why do you ask? are you going to rig the lottery...?Don' ask that !If someone here new how to rig then they would not even be here; they would be somewhere else trying to enjoy the time the of their lives before the FBI CATCHES....him or her! Don't ruin the Post with Idiotic Q's like that...If you are working on something then keep your crime to your self Now! if you care to post some Numbers for us here then {PLEASE DO SO} As a member here at the lp i would hate it if someone like you TARNISHES IT. DO Not Darken This Room..ITS a very happy One. Go Away Wit Dat %#$@&^

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
          Member #41383
          June 16, 2006
          1969 Posts
          Posted: January 20, 2007, 11:42 pm - IP Logged

Well it is "possible", but over the years I think it has become less and less frequent since the security of the lottery has been tightened a bit. PowerBall does have unofficial drawings prior to the official drawing to make sure the machine is working and what not, but once they have done the official drawing they CANNOT do another drawing. Of course if you're one of those loony conspiracy type of people, I guess you could argue that the double digit balls weight more than the single digit balls because the paint itself does have weight.Green laugh

Single digit numbers (1-9) DO hit less than about any other group of 9 numbers, but even at that it's pretty close, and BESIDES that, you still have to know WHEN to pick them and WHICH NUMBERS to pick, and what OTHER numbers to pick.

four4me's avatar - gate1
            MD
            United States
            Member #1701
            June 18, 2003
            8361 Posts
            Posted: January 21, 2007, 12:08 am - IP Logged

all the balls used in lottery machines are weighed to within a few tenths of a gram.

no balls in the machines are significantly lighter or heaver than any other ball.

aliens can however come down from their invisible space ships hypnotize everyone in the lottery department rig the game via electro magnetically developed lottery ball software then rig the drawing every once in a while to get additional funds to party in Vegas while disguised as humans.

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
              Indiana
              United States
              Member #48725
              January 7, 2007
              1953 Posts
              Posted: January 21, 2007, 12:11 am - IP Logged

Single digit numbers (1-9) DO hit less than about any other group of 9 numbers, but even at that it's pretty close, and BESIDES that, you still have to know WHEN to pick them and WHICH NUMBERS to pick, and what OTHER numbers to pick.

I was by no means supporting it. It would be funny if someone tried to use that as an excuse though.LOL

four4me's avatar - gate1
                MD
                United States
                Member #1701
                June 18, 2003
                8361 Posts
                Posted: January 21, 2007, 1:21 am - IP Logged

United States
                  Member #24439
                  October 22, 2005
                  638 Posts
                  Posted: January 21, 2007, 7:23 am - IP Logged

First off, I am not trying to rig the lottery, winner06.

You know how you think you have the winning ticket and they draw something completely different. And you are like, these are the numbers that were suppose to come up why did it change.

All I am trying to do is know if I can rely on my new system.

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
                    A long and winding road
                    United States
                    Member #17084
                    June 10, 2005
                    4526 Posts
                    Posted: January 21, 2007, 7:43 am - IP Logged

Editgap, I personally think your question was valid. Winner06 somehow totally missed your inquiry and went off on a tangent that was less then respectful. I do hope an apology is forthcoming.

Most have answered your question with "probably "or "possibly" because like a drawing...you have a probablity of winning or losing.

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

Thanks be to the giving numbers: 1621,912,119 02014

four4me's avatar - gate1
                      MD
                      United States
                      Member #1701
                      June 18, 2003
                      8361 Posts
                      Posted: January 21, 2007, 11:52 am - IP Logged

First off, I am not trying to rig the lottery, winner06.

You know how you think you have the winning ticket and they draw something completely different. And you are like, these are the numbers that were suppose to come up why did it change.

All I am trying to do is know if I can rely on my new system.

yesterday for our evening draw i did a few workout and everything pointed to 714 coming out in my state. there were also 2 other possible number that might have come out so i played all three picks and they drew something completely different.

no system will with certainty pick the number that will be drawn. there are too many factors involved. A random event isn't predictable. 1-1000 odds in pick 3 and 1 in 10,000 odds in pick 4. every once in a while you might get lucky and pick the right numbers. If you did that you beat great odds. but to expect to win every day or every other day playing the numbers in one state on a regular basis isn't realistic.

when you play pick 3 your dealing with three machines with 10 balls each in them so in essence you trying to pick 3 balls to be drawn from a total of 30 balls. If we were dealing with one machine and only ten balls and they drew 3 balls from that machine it might be a lot easier.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                        Wandering Aimlessly
                        United States
                        Member #25360
                        November 5, 2005
                        4461 Posts
                        Posted: January 21, 2007, 12:23 pm - IP Logged

First of all, the reason it is impossible to "match all numbers" ahead of time us because the drawing hasn't taken place. If it's truly random (which is what you are asking I suppose) then only the winning numbers are known at the time of the drawing. Since there are several pre-draws, your numbers might come up during one of them and you'd never know it, unless that particular state publishes the pre-draws.  I try not to think about this subject!  I honestly don't like them, although they're conducted to assure fairness to make sure no one number keeps popping up. IMHO, if the balls are measured and weighed and the drawing is supervised and televised, I don't see the necessity for these tests before the actual drawing.

I have to admit that you asked a question I've often asked myself.  In other words, are you asking "If I pick 6 numbers, can the lottery be preset so they don't come up?"  I've wondered this because of all the rollovers. Rollovers are good for business.  However, the reason the jackpot grows is because the odds are so high, not because it's fixed not to hit. I realize that if one or several people hit a jackpot frequently, that game wouldn't attract those players who only buy tickets when the jackpot is very high.  On the other hand, I think if anyone ever discovered fraudulent activity, a lottery would shut down so fast that fooling the people just wouldn't be worth the consequences.

So in conclusion, my answer is ...  I think it's possible, but highly unlikely. 

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                          Member #13130
                          March 30, 2005
                          2171 Posts
                          Posted: January 21, 2007, 12:52 pm - IP Logged

Would your gov't cheat or lie to you?

Most of the "rigging" is done before the first ever drawing.

1) It is in the odds and the payout.

2) It is in computerized drawings. (where applicable)

2.5) For machine draws, IMO, predraws ARE re-dos. Just factor it into your system.

3) It is in the fact that any gambling not sanctioned by the state is *gasp* "illegal". (no competition allowed)

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                          Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

United States
                            Member #24439
                            October 22, 2005
                            638 Posts
                            Posted: January 21, 2007, 8:35 pm - IP Logged

I've heard what you all are saying. It is actually good news for me because I can rely on my system instead of going with a totally random number.

My other theory is that you cannot increase you odds - consistently i guess. If you try to shut the window the door opens. If you try to close the door the window opens. It will be interesting to see how my new system impact winning.

Take for example, I am consciously expecting a repeat or adjacent number from powerball and all of a sudden it chose now to hit its driest spell.

Amarillo/Austin
                              United States
                              Member #1424
                              April 25, 2003
                              696 Posts
                              Posted: January 21, 2007, 8:58 pm - IP Logged

The question to ask is not how, but why.  Who would benefit?  Making sure no one wins benefits the state.  The higher the jackpot, the more the interest.  Would the state rig the drawing?  While they want high jackpots, the risk of being discovered is not worth the effort.  To sully their repution would do them more harm than good.  Nuff said! 

Orangeman

BS