Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Watching Lottery drawing

Topic closed. 29 replies. Last post 10 years ago by bobby623.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Do u watch lottery drawing when u play?

yea [ 28 ]  [41.18%]
no [ 8 ]  [11.76%]
sometime [ 21 ]  [30.88%]
never [ 11 ]  [16.18%]
Total Valid Votes [ 68 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
purplelover04's avatar - news
detroit,mi
United States
Member #42696
July 7, 2006
1171 Posts
Posted: January 21, 2007, 12:12 am - IP Logged

i feel that if i watch the drawing when i play it is bad luck lol. but when i don't play i want to watch it. what do everyone else feel about that

Those who are the hardest to love usually need it the most

Downhere, S.C.
    United States
    Member #35033
    March 11, 2006
    1956 Posts
    Posted: January 21, 2007, 12:30 am - IP Logged

I feel the same way. I'm very hesitant to check my tickets also. I  don't know why, it's crazy. I always wait till the last minute to check them.

US FlagPlease Pray For Our Troops And Their Families.

dumars798's avatar - batman17
      Atlanta
      United States
      Member #28656
      December 20, 2005
      5675 Posts
      Posted: January 21, 2007, 12:53 am - IP Logged

Good question, i feel like that sometimes!

Smart bets...... Equal Phat Pocket$!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10354 Posts
        Posted: January 21, 2007, 1:25 am - IP Logged

Yeah, we watch the evening drawing on WGN-TV (Chicago) most nights...

With a pick 3 or pick 4 as soon as one number is one you don't have it's "Oh well, that's toast".  

with Little Lotto (5/39) it goes like this

C'mon jackpot

C'mon $100 ( 4 out of 5)

C'mon $10 (3 out of 5)

C'mon $1, something (2 out of 5)

Then Bang Head

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

dumars798's avatar - batman17
          Atlanta
          United States
          Member #28656
          December 20, 2005
          5675 Posts
          Posted: January 21, 2007, 3:12 am - IP Logged

With a pick 3 or pick 4 as soon as one number is one you don't have it's "Oh well, that's toast".  

C'mon jackpot

C'mon $100 ( 4 out of 5)

C'mon $10 (3 out of 5)

Then Bang Head

LoL,

u really broke it down

2 the end!

Green laugh

Smart bets...... Equal Phat Pocket$!

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
            Wandering Aimlessly
            United States
            Member #25360
            November 5, 2005
            4461 Posts
            Posted: January 21, 2007, 5:53 am - IP Logged

C'mon jackpot

C'mon $100 ( 4 out of 5)

C'mon $10 (3 out of 5)

Then Bang Head

This is why I don't ever watch a drawing!  I'd rather just look at the results online and be disappointed all at once!! 

Seriously, the reason I chose "never" is only because when I've seen a drawing it's only because I'm already watching that channel.  I've never turned on the TV to watch a drawing.  Sometimes I'm watching the news and the numbers are displayed, but 99.9% of the time I get the results online just before midnight or the next morning.

Bazooka Joe, it's none of my business, but just a suggestion -- don't wait until the last minute to check your numbers. That's sometimes how tickets get lost and we see them as "unclaimed" in the news.  Finding out you lost a day or 2 after the drawing is just as frustrating as finding it out 6 months after the drawing. But what if you actually won? You then lost some valuable time to make plans and collect interest on your money. 

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
              Tennessee
              United States
              Member #7853
              October 15, 2004
              11338 Posts
              Posted: January 21, 2007, 9:02 am - IP Logged

i have never watched a drawing and won.i always check the numbers later.its especially exciting to look and realize you won.i remember coming in one morning from work last april and weshar pm'd me and wrote that one of my numbers hit in oregon where he lives.as soon as i saw this i got excited because i had been betting oregon with betslips.so i checked the e-mail from betslips from the drawing that morning and sure enough i had won a few thousand.

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
                FEMA Region V Camp #21
                United States
                Member #520
                July 27, 2002
                5699 Posts
                Posted: January 21, 2007, 9:55 am - IP Logged

I guess I'm one of the oddballs here.  I watch our midday drawing almost every day.  I feel luckier watching the draw and have won more money watching than not watching.  To support this theory, I rarely watch the evening draw and have won it much less often than the midday.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

four4me's avatar - gate1
                  MD
                  United States
                  Member #1701
                  June 18, 2003
                  8364 Posts
                  Posted: January 21, 2007, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

i watch the drawings every chance i get here. They use different solid colored balls and they rarely have the same colored balls placed in the machines in the exact order as they had in the previous draw. Which is another reason why it's harder to pick a winner. We have no idea if they use the same balls from drawing to drawing either, or if they mix them up or if the put the pick 3 balls they used from the last draw in the pick 4 machines and vice versa.

Also i like watching the drawings to see of they make any mistakes that might cause any discrepencys.

Wandering Aimlessly
                    United States
                    Member #25360
                    November 5, 2005
                    4461 Posts
                    Posted: January 21, 2007, 12:32 pm - IP Logged

I guess I'm one of the oddballs here.  I watch our midday drawing almost every day.  I feel luckier watching the draw and have won more money watching than not watching.  To support this theory, I rarely watch the evening draw and have won it much less often than the midday.

That's because you stare at the tv set, then close your eyes and and whisper softly "Pick me, Linda. Pick me."  Lovies     Must have some kind of positive effect.

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
                      Wisconsin
                      United States
                      Member #1303
                      March 27, 2003
                      1508 Posts
                      Posted: January 21, 2007, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

i feel that if i watch the drawing when i play it is bad luck lol. but when i don't play i want to watch it. what do everyone else feel about that

Here. like more and more states, you have no choice.  Since they went to computer-generated picks to save money, they also don't televise the drawings.  Not that there is anything to televise, since there are no ping pong balls.....

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
                        FEMA Region V Camp #21
                        United States
                        Member #520
                        July 27, 2002
                        5699 Posts
                        Posted: January 21, 2007, 2:37 pm - IP Logged

That's because you stare at the tv set, then close your eyes and and whisper softly "Pick me, Linda. Pick me."  Lovies     Must have some kind of positive effect.

lol, Nancy......no, those whispers come late at night when I'm alone in bed. 

She has some young competition doing the draws now.  Some hussy named Magdalena Martinez.  If Linda doesn't remove the restraining order I might have to turn my affections towards Magdalena.  Hot as a habanero pepper in Hell (but too young for this old pervert).

I think there is some positive effect of watching the drawings live...can't tell you how many times my first two numbers came in and screaming at the TV for the third number has worked. 

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

Wandering Aimlessly
                          United States
                          Member #25360
                          November 5, 2005
                          4461 Posts
                          Posted: January 21, 2007, 2:51 pm - IP Logged

lol, Nancy......no, those whispers come late at night when I'm alone in bed. 

She has some young competition doing the draws now.  Some hussy named Magdalena Martinez.  If Linda doesn't remove the restraining order I might have to turn my affections towards Magdalena.  Hot as a habanero pepper in Hell (but too young for this old pervert).

I think there is some positive effect of watching the drawings live...can't tell you how many times my first two numbers came in and screaming at the TV for the third number has worked. 

I'll keep that in mind, Rick.  I'll look up the Florida schedule and try it this week.  I never noticed the women that much. I wish they'd hire Richard Gere, Brad Pitt, Keanu Reeves or Rob Lowe.  Then at least I could get excited even if my numbers don't hit.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                            Zeta Reticuli Star System
                            United States
                            Member #30470
                            January 17, 2006
                            10354 Posts
                            Posted: January 21, 2007, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

Linda Kollmeyer is known to change hairdos and outfits often. Sometimes she really gets decked out on Saturday nights.

Well, on one such night she had a new 'do and was wearing a leather outfit.

I usually have a pen and a post note nearby to watch the drawing.

But this night I'm just staring at Linda Kollmeyer all decked in black leather, and when the drawing was over, Mrs Coin Toss said, "So what were the numbers, Ace?"

Green laugh

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                              Member #41656
                              June 20, 2006
                              24 Posts
                              Posted: January 23, 2007, 3:56 pm - IP Logged

..........After playing 111 on and off since Jan "02" and missing them consistantly,  it was overwhelmingly, unbelievable, and simply rewarding just watching 111 "POP" up before my eyes on television in early 2006 - I was just glad that I played it for several days that week, since I've always missed 111 whenever it seldomed played!