Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Watching Lottery drawing

Topic closed. 29 replies. Last post 10 years ago by bobby623.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Do u watch lottery drawing when u play?

yea [ 28 ]  [41.18%]
no [ 8 ]  [11.76%]
sometime [ 21 ]  [30.88%]
never [ 11 ]  [16.18%]
Total Valid Votes [ 68 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
Member #47420
November 4, 2006
3930 Posts
Posted: January 23, 2007, 5:16 pm - IP Logged

Our drawings don't come on till 11pm so I tape the drawings on power ball night and watch it sometimes in the morning..Most of the time I can't wait and stay up and watch.........

Sunny California
    United States
    Member #40295
    May 31, 2006
    7712 Posts
    Posted: January 24, 2007, 1:37 pm - IP Logged

Never watch the drawings. I prefer to check my own tickets under that little blue light that you stick the bar code under at the store where I buy my tickets. I like being surprised and even though "Sorry Not A Winner" usually appears, it makes it double fun when you see "Winner"!

Coastal Georgia
      United States
      Member #2653
      October 30, 2003
      1866 Posts
      Posted: January 24, 2007, 1:40 pm - IP Logged

I never watch the drawings either.
      I check mine on the internet next morning....

DD

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
        A long and winding road
        United States
        Member #17084
        June 10, 2005
        4523 Posts
        Posted: January 24, 2007, 8:24 pm - IP Logged

I chose *sometimes*, only because when I travel or have appointments, they supercede my desire to watch the live drawing. I do prefer to watch the live drawings, because the order of the numbers can be indicators. Plus as another poster stated, there is something wonderful and appealing to seeing your exact picks come up on the tv :) .

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

Thanks be to the giving numbers: 1621,912,119 02014

KyMystikal's avatar - 1457224010054
          Florence, Alabama
          United States
          Member #8658
          November 13, 2004
          1993 Posts
          Posted: January 25, 2007, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

I chose "sometimes", because I watch it when I'm not at work.

A friend of mine from work always wants me to write the results down and show them to him when we are at work and I check them on the pc. For some reason he thinks he has better luck when I write the results down over just telling him them.

I love doubles and remember, it's just a game!!!!!!

Kingston, Ontario
            Canada
            Member #46867
            October 5, 2006
            106 Posts
            Posted: January 26, 2007, 2:05 pm - IP Logged

I guess  I am a real lottery nut...lol  Especially on big jackpot nights !  USING THE BLACK LIGHT HIGH LIGHTER METHOD. 

I have a whole two hours laid out before the draw and another hour after the draw is over.  A night for me starts by getting in those last minute ticket selections.  I get excited knowing the terminal is going to shut down and that feeling of anticipation that everyone across the country is scrambling to get in on that $35 million Super 7.  It's imparitive to be in a shopping mall at a kiosk doing this...because the other half of the excitement is hearing people talk about the numbers, what they would do if they hit ... etc.  After terminal shut down, I always fret about the numbers I haven't picked on the walk home, what did I miss, is the ticket I have going to be a  winner ???? 

At home, I never watch the draw live...I video tape it.  I then arrange a sitting area near the TV, I have a few pillows for comfort and usually a glass of wine for good measure.  I also get out a dark light/black light and  highlighters.  This is so cool you must try it.  I turn out most of the lights, TV on and I rewind the tape and pause it one ball at a time.  After the first number, I highlight--under the black light and set those glowing tickets into one pile.  I pause again, second number...and then move those in the first pile into the another pile for tickets that have two numbers.    I also add tickets to the first pile if they got one number from the second number out.  And so on...I have if I am lucky about four or five piles happening.  There is of course those tickets theat never move from the start---never get out of the gate and get one number.   

By the time the draw is over, it's taken me about an hour to check.  The best night I had doing the Black light/highlighter checking was on Lotto 6-49 in April of 2003.  The first five numbers out were on one of my tickets...I used freeze frame instead of pause to watch the last number come out.  I prayed and nervously hoped that 22 would emerge.  Out slowly, slowly, slowly comes a 43.  Then onto the bonus number.... and again a turtle speed a 17 emerged.  I still won $2559.  However, it was the best fun doing it this way.  Take your time, be creative, and glow with excitement. 

Derek

Wintariofan  

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
              Zeta Reticuli Star System
              United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10345 Posts
              Posted: January 26, 2007, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

" I also get out a dark light/black light and  highlighters."

Usually when I do something ike that there's this smell of burning leaves and Grace Slick is on in the background singing White Rabbit

Wink

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                Wandering Aimlessly
                United States
                Member #25360
                November 5, 2005
                4461 Posts
                Posted: January 27, 2007, 9:01 am - IP Logged

" I also get out a dark light/black light and  highlighters."

Usually when I do something ike that there's this smell of burning leaves and Grace Slick is on in the background singing White Rabbit

Wink

Crown of Creation is usually what goes through my head, Coin Toss.Hippy

I have to give you credit for taking a TV lottery drawing to a whole new level (or should I say dimension?)  Wintariofan.  Crazy  As I said, I don't watch them.  Maybe if they didn't use models with plastic smiles it would be different.  I think they should have a dog run into a large pen filled with balls.  He grabs one ball and runs out for a treat.  That's the first number.  He races back and digs through the pile for another ball and runs out, barks with joy and drops the second number, etc.  Personally, I think it would be a lot more fun. 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19821 Posts
                  Posted: February 3, 2007, 3:28 pm - IP Logged

I suspect the drawings are actually on a time delay to edit out the wasted motion of traveling between drawing machines for each game so that all the actual drawings will fit in the 30-60 seconds time slot allowed.  Some states show drawings for five different games and advertise other games during that time.

If that's true then watching them can't change their results.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
                    Pennsylvania
                    United States
                    Member #1340
                    April 6, 2003
                    2450 Posts
                    Posted: February 3, 2007, 3:39 pm - IP Logged

I don't watch the draws ever. I don't check the ticket until the next day (sunday and thursday since I only play PB).

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

Florence, Alabama
                      United States
                      Member #8658
                      November 13, 2004
                      1993 Posts
                      Posted: February 6, 2007, 2:36 pm - IP Logged

I suspect the drawings are actually on a time delay to edit out the wasted motion of traveling between drawing machines for each game so that all the actual drawings will fit in the 30-60 seconds time slot allowed.  Some states show drawings for five different games and advertise other games during that time.

If that's true then watching them can't change their results.

I used to watch the lottery draws when I had C-Band satellite tv. The drawings are done live. Sometimes they draws several times before the actual draw, I guess to make sure the machines are running okay.  I used to watch the ga, ky, oh, il, and mn draws and I know that those draws weren't tape delayed.

Florence, Alabama
                        United States
                        Member #8658
                        November 13, 2004
                        1993 Posts
                        Posted: February 6, 2007, 2:40 pm - IP Logged

I used to watch the lottery draws when I had C-Band satellite tv. The drawings are done live. Sometimes they draws several times before the actual draw, I guess to make sure the machines are running okay.  I used to watch the ga, ky, oh, il, and mn draws and I know that those draws weren't tape delayed.

That among watching tv shows before they air on regular tv and live unedited commercial free sporting events was one of very few benefits of having a gigantic dish sitting in your backyard

Honduras
                          Member #20982
                          August 29, 2005
                          4715 Posts
                          Posted: February 6, 2007, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

I like to watch it even when i don't play, specially the Illinois lottery...I don't like watching pick3 and pick4 because i don't like the machines...

chasingadream's avatar - Archangel 01.jpg

United States
                            Member #38687
                            May 3, 2006
                            315 Posts
                            Posted: February 15, 2007, 6:55 pm - IP Logged

i don't look for the televised drawing .....but if it happens to come on while I'm watching tv then I'll watch

Oogle  waiting patiently for my jackpot

bobby623's avatar - abstract
                              San Angelo, Texas
                              United States
                              Member #1097
                              January 31, 2003
                              1394 Posts
                              Posted: February 18, 2007, 11:23 pm - IP Logged

Not many TV stations in Texas show the actual drawings,  real-time or delay.

The stations I can view show all of the winning numbers for the games played during a commercial break.

I don't the know the real reasons why but the conspiracy theory is that the stations want to be paid to show the drawings.

Bobby