Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 7:50 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I went to PA to celebrate the end of Lucky for Life

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 10 years ago by rdc137.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #379
June 5, 2002
11296 Posts
Posted: January 22, 2007, 4:54 pm - IP Logged

Today was a very interesting day.

First I stopped at the A&P where I work. A woman bought a NY Raffle to Riches ticket. All such tickets are printed with "CASH VALUE", which isn't necessary. Then I drove to the Port Jervis area. In New Jersey I played $5 of Pick-6 Lotto. In recent years, Pick-6 players didn't have to choose cash or annuity unless they won, but, apparently, New Jersey has gone back to requiring Pick-6 players to choose when playing. Next I went into Pennsylvania. After I got into the store, I covered up the Lucky for Life slips with Powerball cards. Then I bought a $2 Match 6 ticket, myself picking the six basic numbers. One of them was repeated on BOTH automatic quick-picks.

Finally I went to Monticello, NY, and lost $45 on video poker.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
    Wandering Aimlessly
    United States
    Member #25360
    November 5, 2005
    4461 Posts
    Posted: January 22, 2007, 5:15 pm - IP Logged

Have you ever been diagnosed with OCD? 

By the way, I didn't realize A&P was still in business.  We had them in Boston where I grew up. (The Great Atlantic and Pacific Tea Company)  I thought they merged with Stop & Shop and the new name is Stop and P.  Maybe that was only in Flushing.

United States
      Member #1826
      July 11, 2003
      2645 Posts
      Posted: January 22, 2007, 5:23 pm - IP Logged

First I stopped at the A&P where I work. A woman bought a NY Raffle to Riches ticket. All such tickets are printed with "CASH VALUE", which isn't necessary. Then I drove to the Port Jervis area. In New Jersey I played $5 of Pick-6 Lotto. In recent years, Pick-6 players didn't have to choose cash or annuity unless they won, but, apparently, New Jersey has gone back to requiring Pick-6 players to choose when playing. Next I went into Pennsylvania. After I got into the store, I covered up the Lucky for Life slips with Powerball cards. Then I bought a $2 Match 6 ticket, myself picking the six basic numbers. One of them was repeated on BOTH automatic quick-picks.

Sweet deal.

New Jersey has always required the choice when you play (at least since I've been here), but you are allowed to change your mind. Georgia has a similar set-up. 

(insert signature here)

United States
        Member #379
        June 5, 2002
        11296 Posts
        Posted: January 22, 2007, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

I just went back to www.palottery.com. In the upper right corner, it says that Lucky for Life will be drawn Thursday, January 25. I don't think so.

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
          Member #14
          November 9, 2001
          31526 Posts
          Posted: January 22, 2007, 7:43 pm - IP Logged

I just went back to www.palottery.com. In the upper right corner, it says that Lucky for Life will be drawn Thursday, January 25. I don't think so.

i have an offer for you - if i get u a platinum membership - will u stop posting this old crap???

love to nibble those micey feet.

United States
            Member #379
            June 5, 2002
            11296 Posts
            Posted: January 22, 2007, 7:48 pm - IP Logged

i have an offer for you - if i get u a platinum membership - will u stop posting this old crap???

Thanx, but no thanx. Take that money and spend it on Mega Millions tickets (or South Carolina/Tennessee Powerball tix, as it's $240 million tomorrow night) instead of LOSE for Life.

You should be happy that just in the last hour, Pennsylvania Lucky for "Life" has died.

Pa
              United States
              Member #2485
              October 9, 2003
              319 Posts
              Posted: January 22, 2007, 8:02 pm - IP Logged

A&P is Super Fresh also.

Mix and Match is the new game which should be interesting.

Match 6 is my favorite because you have more chances to win. 

Good luck with all your visits to the different states.

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                PA
                United States
                Member #22983
                October 6, 2005
                2226 Posts
                Posted: January 22, 2007, 8:05 pm - IP Logged

I am just upset I did not win the last drawer. So yeah, in that case good riddance lfl. I like the odds and style of this new game overall, let's just see how much money it costs me first before I decide. Matching any 5 out of position for $2,000 is a pretty good payout. So I will most likely play the game for the smaller tier prizes, and only more serious if the jackpot rolls past a million.

United States
                  Member #119
                  February 19, 2002
                  527 Posts
                  Posted: January 22, 2007, 10:35 pm - IP Logged

Emily, you are quite generous!

But the TRUTH is that Cash has NOTHING of value or interest to offer us here, witness his refusal to respond substantively to my posts the last two weeks.

Cash is an Infiltrator, one of "them", not one of us.  His mission is to DISTRACT us from the 6 disturbing lottery "trends". 

One example of many: he cares not that players in PA have to wait zillions of drawings to win millions with the "Botched 6" game, unlike NJ's Pick 6 that increases in value each drawing by about $2,000,000.

None of Cash's posts will stand the test of time, just that of hot air floating hopelessly nowhere.

"Always tell the truth.  That will astonish some and gratify the rest." -Harry S. Truman, Democrat

Delaware
                    United States
                    Member #30273
                    January 14, 2006
                    494 Posts
                    Posted: January 25, 2007, 1:54 am - IP Logged

"After I got into the store, I covered up the Lucky for Life slips with Powerball cards."

You really don't have a life, do you?

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                      PA
                      United States
                      Member #22983
                      October 6, 2005
                      2226 Posts
                      Posted: January 25, 2007, 2:05 am - IP Logged

Maybe he has an unlucky life. Besides, how can the store get rid of the bet slips if you hide them? Let others make their own decisions on what they want to play, stop forcing your own biased opinion on them.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                        Tennessee
                        United States
                        Member #7853
                        October 15, 2004
                        11338 Posts
                        Posted: January 25, 2007, 2:35 am - IP Logged

LOL

do you realize he probably does this at every store he goes to. who knows he might have been doing this for so long that no one could find playslips to play thus the game then started to decline because no one could find the slips to play because cash only went to all the stores hiding them!!

Delaware
                          United States
                          Member #30273
                          January 14, 2006
                          494 Posts
                          Posted: January 25, 2007, 10:52 am - IP Logged

LOL

do you realize he probably does this at every store he goes to. who knows he might have been doing this for so long that no one could find playslips to play thus the game then started to decline because no one could find the slips to play because cash only went to all the stores hiding them!!

I'm also guessing that he had a LONG conversation with the store clerk about how happy he was that Lucky for Life is finally gone and how annuity only games are no good. And I'm fairly certain what was going through the clerk's head, same thing that's going through ours.

United States
                            Member #379
                            June 5, 2002
                            11296 Posts
                            Posted: January 26, 2007, 1:57 pm - IP Logged

LOL

Where I live, I cover up the NY Blotto slips to get people to play Mega Millions or Powerball instead. I also loudly criticize people who play NY Blotto, choose annuity on MM (since in NY you still have to choose when you play,) and/or buy an annuity-only scratch ticket, including any of NY's four versions of LOSE for Life.

Delaware
                              United States
                              Member #30273
                              January 14, 2006
                              494 Posts
                              Posted: January 26, 2007, 2:03 pm - IP Logged

Where I live, I cover up the NY Blotto slips to get people to play Mega Millions or Powerball instead. I also loudly criticize people who play NY Blotto, choose annuity on MM (since in NY you still have to choose when you play,) and/or buy an annuity-only scratch ticket, including any of NY's four versions of LOSE for Life.

That's plain stupid.